As I patiently wait with everyone else in the US for the carriers out here to release the Z10, I find myself seriously questioning what I'm more excited about-the fact that I'll be getting the new Blackberry Z10, or the fact that i'm just getting a new phone, in general.

I'm on Crackberry.com daily reading about all of the new cool things the Z10 can do, but it seems that the articles and forum posts about what it CAN'T do, seem to overshadow everything else. I love the level of customization I have always had with my Blackberry devices, and don't like to hear that this is limited with the Z10. Also, whether or not I truly understand ALL of the features of BIS, I liked my push emails, I liked being able to delete emails from my device but leave it on the server, and most of all, I liked that no matter what, I wasn't worried that my emails would work/sync exactly how i wanted/needed them too. There's more, but I would just be repeating what many other have said on here already...

It kind of bugs me to think that my new Blackberry, in my opinion, won't have much more to offer than other leading smartphones. That being said, I was NEVER expecting the world with this phone, but features like being able to set different ring volumes, and hide files were small features that made a big difference to me-I love that my 2 year old Bold 9930 still has more practical and obvious features than a lot of new smartphones that are on the market today. I hope all of these features make their way back soon!

Still anxiously waiting for my Z10 on Verizon!
    02-09-13 06:21 AM
    The phone is amazing don't worry. It's like the stock market sometimes the stock is going up and down on any news and that is just noise. Pretty sure you can look at any phone and make complaints. Don't let the negative stuff get to you. Once you try the phone you will realize how good it is
    02-09-13 06:25 AM
    I feel that the people who dislike anything, are usually the most vocal about it.
    02-09-13 08:30 AM
    The phone is amazing don't worry. It's like the stock market sometimes the stock is going up and down on any news and that is just noise. Pretty sure you can look at any phone and make complaints. Don't let the negative stuff get to you. Once you try the phone you will realize how good it is
    He's posting legitimate concerns about something that costs hundreds of dollars not doing as much as what he already owns and your advice is to ignore that and buy it anyway?
    02-09-13 08:40 AM
    Geez, you act like hundreds of dollars is a big deal.
    02-09-13 09:39 AM
    Get the Z10 amazing Device. I love it
    02-09-13 09:42 AM
    He's posting legitimate concerns about something that costs hundreds of dollars not doing as much as what he already owns and your advice is to ignore that and buy it anyway?
    And then they can look forward to the subsequent "Well you should have done your research and known it couldn't do that before you picked it up..." Look through the PlayBook forum it's in there almost every day
    02-09-13 09:45 AM
    I'll get mine in a few days. Play with it for a week. Sell it and get a replacement for my dead Torch.
    02-09-13 09:48 AM
    I'm going to get it regardless, because (1) I want to support Blackberry (2) I like new stuff and (3) I've been waiting too long for this phone to not get it!! I guess what bothers me a bit is that I don't feel comfortable putting "it's better than every other smartphone" in that list of reasons. Obviously I wouldn't expect it to be "better" on each and every individual spec or feature, but as a whole.

Maybe it's ignorance (although i do have lots of experience with other devices), but I really do feel that, on a whole, my 9930 offers me so much more than any iPhone or Android device. It might not have all of the apps the other phones have, but it has the ones I need and when you get into the nitty gritty of the settings menu, the customization is fantastic! I just want to feel that way when I get my Z10-like i can defend Blackberry by saying "check out what this phone can do" rather than "Blackberry doesn't suck, it can do everything that your phone can do."

On a side note, thanks for respecting my opinions. It seems that over the last little bit, people on these forums can't wait to reply with a snarky or sarcastic comment to everything. Thanks!
    02-09-13 01:07 PM
    What he already owns was expensive also...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-09-13 05:52 PM
    I feel that the people who dislike anything, are usually the most vocal about it.
    This couldn't be anymore true. It's all the people with sticks up their butts complaining mean while all the positive users really too busy having fun to be on here to post. Don't you think the news would be alot harder on it if it where bad? When the 9900 holds came out they compared the browser to an itoy4 maybe 4s. Everyone had one of those videos to rip the bold to shreds. My thinking on why we haven't seen any now is its really a good device. And I've seen one video where it beats an iphone 5 on browsing. Think and say what you want. But now one has video proof of how awful the phone is as a whole compared to isolated incidents
    02-09-13 07:39 PM