Synchronoss Buys RIM Unit, RIM bought for 100 mil last year and sold for 55mil. The purpose of this purchase was to expand cloud services but based on this call RIM is got diffrent plans and it will reveal more cloud details on Jan 30th

RIM sells cloud services unit for $56M - BNN News
    maraki1224 likes this.
    01-01-13 05:10 PM
    Of course.. BlackBerry Link. I'm always confused by folks who say "RIM needs cloud offerings". Uhh.. RIM has been using the cloud long before it was the "cloud" lol.
    01-01-13 05:19 PM
    Of course.. BlackBerry Link. I'm always confused by folks who say "RIM needs cloud offerings". Uhh.. RIM has been using the cloud long before it was the "cloud" lol.
    They really don't pay attention do they? LMAO
    01-01-13 05:51 PM
    Boom
    01-01-13 05:55 PM
    It's not a question of if or when RIM was in the cloud. It's the ability to have a suite of cloud offerings that feel as though they are local. Seamless integration of premium offerings that enhance our life and user experience. Of any current cloud offering. With RIM I do feel safe knowing that my critical information is being managed by an honorable company and have no concern as to who would have access to my info.

I'm confident that RIM will have a fantastic cloud offering that coincides with the flow theme. Flowing in and out of the cloud. Since BB10 supports distributed networking. We should have a fantastic experience of sharing resources between BB10 devices and the NOC.

I want my cloud experience to feel as though the cloud isn't a seperate entity and was always local to whichever device I'm on. Seamless and a benefits to the user
    01-01-13 06:08 PM
    What people want is cloud service that is also accessible from a desktop machine. BB email has always been a "cloud service" but many don't use their BB mail account because they can only use it on their phone. Same with BB calendar, contacts, tasks, etc. proper cloud service means I can use all these from Web apps, or at least from downloadable Windows or Mac software.

I had this on my Sidekick in 2003, and it was very useful. Rubin took the concept to Android, where it has been very successful, and now Microsoft has it in WP.

If BB10 doesn't offer something comparable, people will continue to use Google or MS services, and some of them will have reason not to choose BB10.
    Cappyshirt likes this.
    01-01-13 06:17 PM
    If BB10 doesn't offer something comparable, people will continue to use Google or MS services, and some of them will have reason not to choose BB10.
    MS365 have a free BB Cloud services embedded. This is what I will monitor in particular the 30. May be very important as an entry point for small businesses / BES10 (as a replacement of besX ?)
    01-01-13 06:53 PM
    BlackBerry link. Anyone got a link for me to read up??
    01-01-13 08:05 PM
    What people want is cloud service that is also accessible from a desktop machine. BB email has always been a "cloud service" but many don't use their BB mail account because they can only use it on their phone. Same with BB calendar, contacts, tasks, etc. proper cloud service means I can use all these from Web apps, or at least from downloadable Windows or Mac software.

I had this on my Sidekick in 2003, and it was very useful. Rubin took the concept to Android, where it has been very successful, and now Microsoft has it in WP.

Such a long winded explanation.

'RIM needs to offer SaaS'.. would have sufficed for me. lol.
    01-01-13 08:55 PM
    BlackBerry link. Anyone got a link for me to read up??
    BlackBerry Link | CrackBerry.com
    Dapper37 likes this.
    01-01-13 08:57 PM
    Such a long winded explanation.

'RIM needs to offer SaaS'.. would have sufficed for me. lol.
    I thought RIMs relationship with Citrix was their solution for that.
    01-01-13 09:16 PM
    I thought RIMs relationship with Citrix was their solution for that.
    it has to be more than that...
    01-02-13 03:04 PM
    The marketplace seems saturated with free cloud services in terms of data storage and syncing of notes, calendars, etc. Just give me reliable solutions integrated with the OS.
    01-03-13 03:08 PM
    You can use your own cloud service in using OwnCloud project.

This project provides storage and CalDAV / CardDAV for calendar and address book.

At last you could use PlayCloud 10 to connect to your cloud services. I have a thread about it for BB10.

Nicolas
    01-03-13 04:59 PM
    I have feeling that RIM and Citrix working on something and they will announce on Jan 30, something to do with cloud, file sharing or virtual desktop..damm..too many days in January..
    01-04-13 12:41 AM
    Mega will be launched Jan 19 with sdk tool kits to their API.
    01-04-13 03:34 AM
    Am I alone using MS365 online + Free BB Business Cloud Services (http://us.blackberry.com/business/so...verview.html)?
    Sure there will be announcements in that area (I believe BB BCS will go BES10 ... yummy!), and Citrix may not be alone
    01-04-13 05:10 AM