What do people like more about the passport? Is it the form factor or bb10 itself? In other words, would you be more likely to buy a passport running Android, or a samsung phone operating bbos10?

Passport!
    blackmass likes this.
    09-28-16 03:41 PM
    If Blackberry is still going to release a PKB phone, who will be making it? Is there any one making a PKB Android phone that BB could rebrand?

Posted via CB10
    09-28-16 08:23 PM
    If Blackberry is still going to release a PKB phone, who will be making it? Is there any one making a PKB Android phone that BB could rebrand?
    Here's the thing: BB isn't going to be releasing ANYTHING after their current projects wind down (by the end of the fiscal year, per Chen). Rather, they're making the brand, and their PKB patents, available to other companies to license. There's no guarantee that any company will choose to license the PKB, though, or that they'll offer it in developed markets (or in English) at all. It will no longer be up to BB, but rather, the decision will be in the hands of whoever wants to license things from BB - if anyone.
    andy957, JeepBB and Jayasheelan like this.
    09-28-16 09:05 PM
    Here's the thing: BB isn't going to be releasing ANYTHING after their current projects wind down (by the end of the fiscal year, per Chen). Rather, they're making the brand, and their PKB patents, available to other companies to license. There's no guarantee that any company will choose to license the PKB, though, or that they'll offer it in developed markets (or in English) at all. It will no longer be up to BB, but rather, the decision will be in the hands of whoever wants to license things from BB - if anyone.
    Troy -you're always the voice of reason in this Board. Ha. I think we will get at least ONE new qwerty phone with the BB name on it. But that's it. And if that doesn't sell at all then you will never see another one again. Ha but android + physical keyboard is just too good a combo to pass up. If you go on Facebook under the crackberry articles all I see are comments about how people want the traditional qwerty with android. Or maybe it's just me. Haha
    09-28-16 10:28 PM
    They confirmed again today (third time now) that a PKB device is coming. Highly doubt they would be confirming it this many times while hoping someone licences the keyboard in the meantime to make it come to fruition.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-28-16 10:35 PM
    They confirmed again today (third time now) that a PKB device is coming. Highly doubt they would be confirming it this many times while hoping someone licences the keyboard in the meantime to make it come to fruition.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I would agree that something concrete has to be in the works.
    09-28-16 10:37 PM
    I'm pretty sure that the "Mercury" is going to be released - it's long been planned to be released before the end of the fiscal year. Nothing Chen has said negates that. But I also believe that's going to be the last non-licensed device - and it wouldn't surprise me if it's the last BB-branded device that has anything like a global reach. I suspect that there will be a few OEM licenses for a few specific regions in the next year - and I suspect they won't make money and won't be renewed, and that will be where BB smartphones finally end. Obviously I don't "know" this for sure, but it seems quite likely to me.
    09-28-16 11:56 PM
    I'm pretty sure that the "Mercury" is going to be released - it's long been planned to be released before the end of the fiscal year. Nothing Chen has said negates that.
    Update: Chen stated in an interview today that, while the BB-designed PKB phone design is nearly final, he hasn't yet decided if he's actually going to produce it or not. He didn't give any hint of what that decision rests upon; just that the final decision hasn't been made yet.

So, it's still possible that we could see the Mercury, but it's also possible that it will be canceled before manufacturing is scheduled to happen.
    bakron1 likes this.
    09-29-16 02:45 AM
    Update: Chen stated in an interview today that, while the BB-designed PKB phone design is nearly final, he hasn't yet decided if he's actually going to produce it or not. He didn't give any hint of what that decision rests upon; just that the final decision hasn't been made yet.

So, it's still possible that we could see the Mercury, but it's also possible that it will be canceled before manufacturing is scheduled to happen.
    Wow pretty sad.
    09-29-16 02:49 AM
    Well as a last jesture, release the mercury with SD821, 6 GB RAM and killer cameras. .

So that we can use it for 3 years.
    09-29-16 03:00 AM
    Well as a last jesture, release the mercury with SD821, 6 GB RAM and killer cameras. .

Even if they do it will be condemned to a death sentence in these forums.
    Jayasheelan likes this.
    09-29-16 03:31 AM
    Even if they do it will be condemned to a death sentence in these forums.
    Who cares about this forum
    09-29-16 04:33 AM

I'm not saying he won't release it, but I wouldn't count on any type of "gesture" from Blackberry unless said "gesture" is going to make them money. And if they do release it, the specs you are asking for won't be in it.
    09-29-16 05:39 AM
    I'm not saying he won't release it, but I wouldn't count on any type of "gesture" from Blackberry unless said "gesture" is going to make them money. And if they do release it, the specs you are asking for won't be in it.
    I am just daydreaming. Companies don't do favors.
    09-29-16 05:45 AM
    I am just daydreaming. Companies don't do favors.
    Lol, I hear you. I'm not a pkb guy anymore but I know that the majority in here would love to see them release one.
    09-29-16 05:51 AM
    Lol, I hear you. I'm not a pkb guy anymore but I know that the majority in here would love to see them release one.
    Well I remembered how great pkb is with the priv. I would be super happy if mercury was real. Or passport had an up to date Android Runtime.
    09-29-16 06:02 AM
    No company will wanna license BlackBerry's physical keyboard. There just isn't any demand because if there was, BlackBerry wouldn't be exiting hardware today.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-16 02:38 AM
117 ... 345