If OP refers to another one or two Blandroid devices, then yes, it is likely. If only because BB needs to perfect their OS before, I believe intend, to sell to other manufacturers such as perhaps Samsung. Once they are able to sell the OS I think Blandroid devices will become the new BB10 handsets in that they will die a long ignominious fade to black.... Mind you, I do not know if under the agreement with Google if another company is able to sell their own version, i.e. more secure version, of Android.

As for BB10, as there is seemingly one person left to market, to make patches, seek security approval from the US government, etc., I think the chances of a new BB10 are next to zero....
    09-23-16 09:01 PM
    Temper them A LOT.

I've been hearing about this amazing BlackBerry 10 device with super duper specs and an updated OS that will blow people's mind since BlackBerry 10 was announced. It has never arrived lol. It's a rumor that refuses to die and has no proven basis in reality.

The best is that it's always constantly evolving to whatever is currently assumed to be mind blowing. I've heard it all from folks claiming to have seen it and used it to 'my buddy is bringing it by tonight, I'll try and snap you some pics'. lol.
    Proof I'm not the only one hearing these rumors/speculactions!

Posted via CB10
    09-23-16 09:53 PM
    Proof I'm not the only one hearing these rumors/speculactions!

Posted via CB10
    Sure, if you feel as though that validates them, go with it. lol.
    09-23-16 09:57 PM
    Sure, if you feel as though that validates them, go with it. lol.
    Lol no that's not what I'm saying, but I just feel like there's gotta be something if someone like you is even hearing them. It could all be just some speculations at the end.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-16 10:06 PM
    Lol no that's not what I'm saying, but I just feel like there's gotta be something if someone like you is even hearing them. It could all be just some speculations at the end.
    Maybe you missed the part about "It's a rumor that refuses to die and has no proven basis in reality.
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-23-16 10:22 PM
    "More BlackBerry devices next year? (Speculation)"

Brace yourselves for the BlackBerry Z50 coming out on April 4, 2017 and then the BlackBerry Passport 2 coming on June 24, 2017. Both will be running OS 10.4.
    09-23-16 10:32 PM
    Maybe you missed the part about "It's a rumor that refuses to die and has no proven basis in reality.
    BB10 or another BBOS device might be next to impossible, but what about android devices in the future? Either android or BBOS, my question is are we gonna see more devices in the future or not

Posted via CB10
    09-23-16 11:31 PM
    To be fair BlackBerry occasionally do some random things - remember the 9720? A BBOS device released well after BB10 was launched.

Posted via CB10
    That was a low-cost device for price-sensitive markets, since BB couldn't figure out how to make a cheap BB10 phone. Till the firesales, anyways.

"More BlackBerry devices next year? (Speculation)"

Brace yourselves for the BlackBerry Z50 coming out on April 4, 2017 and then the BlackBerry Passport 2 coming on June 24, 2017. Both will be running OS 10.4.
    You forgot about the Style 2 running BBOS 8 that's also coming down the pipeline
    09-24-16 12:17 AM
    They may be "in the game," but the winners and losers have already been determined.
    I'm not sure that BB is really "in the game" though.

They're certainly not in the game that gives all the gold and glory - which is the consumer space that BB have turned their backs on.

Instead, BB has decided to focus on providing Android handsets for the tiny niche of buyers who are so security-obsessed that they are willing to pay an $x00 premium for a re-badged, low/mid-range Android handset with BB Apps. Moreover, a handset that has close to zero visibility in carrier stores and can pretty much be bought only from BB directly.

So, with a potential market consisting of those who refuse to buy the widely available (and considerably cheaper) Idol on which it is based, and who are willing to pay $x00 extra per handset for the BB special sauce, with a sub-market of a few CB'ers who want to replicate the BB10 experience as closely as they can on Android through the BB10-lite Apps; BB's Android experiment is inevitably doomed.

That potential market is so tiny that it will not be sustainable even though I suspect it might currently be a break-even cost for BB. That already tiny market will inevitably shrink still further as the BB10'ers decide Android isn't really that bad after all, and the market-leading Android handsets become more feature-packed (oh sorry, the term is "gimmick-laden" round here isn't it? ). The attractive alternatives to what BB can offer will shrink their market to an ever smaller size... which at some point will become unsustainable for BB to maintain.

TL,DR; BB10 is dead. BB Android is doomed.
    09-24-16 04:44 AM
    I'm not sure that BB is really "in the game" though.

They're certainly not in the game that gives all the gold and glory - which is the consumer space that BB have turned their backs on.

Instead, BB has decided to focus on providing Android handsets for the tiny niche of buyers who are so security-obsessed that they are willing to pay an $x00 premium for a re-badged, low/mid-range Android handset with BB Apps. Moreover, a handset that has close to zero visibility in carrier stores and can pretty much be bought only from BB directly.

So, with a potential market consisting of those who refuse to buy the widely available (and considerably cheaper) Idol on which it is based, and who are willing to pay $x00 extra per handset for the BB special sauce, with a sub-market of a few CB'ers who want to replicate the BB10 experience as closely as they can on Android through the BB10-lite Apps; BB's Android experiment is inevitably doomed.

That potential market is so tiny that it will not be sustainable even though I suspect it might currently be a break-even cost for BB. That already tiny market will inevitably shrink still further as the BB10'ers decide Android isn't really that bad after all, and the market-leading Android handsets become more feature-packed (oh sorry, the term is "gimmick-laden" round here isn't it? ). The attractive alternatives to what BB can offer will shrink their market to an ever smaller size... which at some point will become unsustainable for BB to maintain.

TL,DR; BB10 is dead. BB Android is doomed.
    Hence the quotation marks.
    09-24-16 06:18 AM
    Hence the quotation marks.
    Yes, I understood that you weren't supporting the proposition that BB is in any way, shape or form a serious competitor in the "game" that Apple and Samsung "win" every day. It's why I liked your post, I agree with you.

The "game" was probably over for BB some time around 2013, though historians will no doubt argue over that. What is certain is that the game is most definitely over, and has been for some time, here at the tail-end of 2016.

However, there are several posters here who seem to think that BB does have everything still to play for, and that the game isn't over. It's why we see threads such as this clutching at straws offering a new BB10 device, or threads that ask the question (in apparent seriousness!) of whether to buy the S7 or a DTEK50, or that BB should be promoting the DTEK50 in order to capture disillusioned Note 7 owners.

It is those posters, many of whom also seem to believe a new BB10 handset lies just around the corner, whom I think my post was aimed at.

In a few days, we'll get the quarterly sales figures. I expect those figures to quantify just how small is the niche for BB devices - a niche which, as I've said above, will only get smaller.

I realise that my words will make no difference to those posters living in a different reality to me - a place where unicorns frolic between the rainbows and where new BB10 handsets and aggressive marketing can still produce a "win" for BB; I'm mostly posting to get it off my chest. LOL

So, yes, I agree with you. The game is over. Apple/Samsung have won.

There will undoubtedly be another/different game in future - if I knew what the next big thing was going to be, I certainly wouldn't be posting that information here! - but I don't see BB having any kind of competitive edge over other players and so winning those future games either.
    09-24-16 09:29 AM

It is those posters, many of whom also seem to believe a new BB10 handset lies just around the corner, whom I think my post was aimed at.
    If this is aimed at me, then I regret to inform you that I'm not one to believe in another BB10 device. This post was started based on what one BBM user had commented. It's just a discussion, a pure speculation. If there will be future devices then it has to be android. That is what I believe in.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-16 01:49 PM
    What??!!?? There's a new BB10 device being announced on 28th and it will be running 10.3.3?

ROFLMFAO!!!!!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-24-16 04:04 PM
    I think there's potential that BlackBerry is building the next iPhone.
    I hope so. In urgent need of a makeover. Now they even resorted to feature removal ... :-D

�   "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "   �
    TgeekB likes this.
    09-25-16 03:55 PM
    Hmmm...
    BBOS11? BBOS17?
    I wonder you're been trolled?
    09-26-16 04:10 AM
    Hmmm...
    BBOS11? BBOS17?
    #TrollKing lol

Posted Via BlackBerry Noble OS 10.3.3
    09-26-16 05:09 AM
    Hmmm...
    BBOS11? BBOS17?
    New device coming on October 11th, 2017! Just wait for it! It's coming! Honest!
    09-26-16 06:25 AM
    More chance of seeing a BB10 device then that.

Keep in mind the last rumoured BB10 device ended up being the Priv
    So I wouldnt hold my breath.

At the very least you may get some low end devices, possibly, if they have components they need to burn through
    Im not so sure...if no BB10, I'd take this- BB supported, skinned cyanogenmod with no google. those that would by it could sideload/ use F-droid. I think mfr's may be more willing to challenge the google agreements give the europrean crack down which happening. google will ultimately face what MS did with bundling IE, it's just a matter of time.
    blackmass likes this.
    09-27-16 08:19 AM
    Can u please elaborate on the blackberry supported CyanogenMod.
    I only know one CM.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-27-16 08:38 AM
    Can u please elaborate on the blackberry supported CyanogenMod.
    I only know one CM.
    There's nothing to elaborate on - he was just sharing his own fantasy device.
    09-27-16 10:12 AM
    Im not so sure...if no BB10, I'd take this- BB supported, skinned cyanogenmod with no google. those that would by it could sideload/ use F-droid. I think mfr's may be more willing to challenge the google agreements give the europrean crack down which happening. google will ultimately face what MS did with bundling IE, it's just a matter of time.
    You're mixing your personal preference for what it is likely

Blackberry have no time and resources to fork Android. Personally I wouldnt trust them to do so either.
    It'd put them in exactly the same position as BB10 anyway, there'd be no point.

Keep in mind Microsoft wouldn't be keen on Blackberry getting their hands on Cyanogen mod either
    09-27-16 11:44 AM
    Like I said guys, I can't fully say that it well come as that's a long time aways. Stuff has been worked on though that may or may not make its way to the show. BlackBerry can very well say "Screw 10, we're working on Android from here on out" but that hasn't happened as of yet. I'm just stating the stuff I've heard and if I did find out full concrete details, I wouldn't say it full out. It'd be in a hint somehow "Like my comments on BBM.". I'd like to see 10 continue but I have my doubts on it at times. Only time we'll tell what truly happens but we just have to believe that somehow good well happen. If Chen didn't want BlackBerry going, he'd of shut down the whole company and sold it off or killed BlackBerry 10 right as he got in.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-16 08:00 PM
    New device coming on October 11th, 2017! Just wait for it! It's coming! Honest!
    Could mean anything as a date, OS, etc

Posted via CB10
    09-27-16 08:02 PM
    I think the difference is that BB10 bombed... and cost BB *BILLIONS*; while their Android phones will bomb and cost BB very little.
    It cost BlackBerry very little? In business, a loss is still....a loss. Failed.

🔥 📶
    09-28-16 12:34 PM
    It cost BlackBerry very little? In business, a loss is still....a loss. Failed.

�� ��
    Why they have made the move today to move to having others take on the costs associated with HW. My guess is BlackBerry wants all future HW to have a model similar to the Indonesian deal announced today. Unlike the current Android deal with TCL, where BlackBerry assumes most of the risk, the new model will be getting companies to license the BB name and some software. The licensing company will be responsible for manufacturing, distribution and support. BlackBerry will just collect royalties. Will take some time to see if BlackBerry can get other companies on board.

Either way it keeps BlackBerry with a toe in the HW business with little to no cost to them.
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-28-16 03:26 PM
117 ... 2345