It was ruled out by the fact there is no development team to speak of, all of the developer tools are EOL, the app world is full of the walking dead, no BB10 phones are in production and they have struggled to get even a minor point update with minor security patches out.

So sure nobody is going to come out and say "it's dead"... but it's dead.
    I'll say BB10 is dead.

And surely the word of a fellow CB'er is worth more than some random BBM user?

Incidentally, I'd like everyone here to know that Mourinho hasn't ruled out that I'm Manchester United's new centre-forward, so I'm sure you'll be seeing me on the pitch this Saturday against Leicester. I'll be the only panda wearing a red strip... so easy to spot.
    09-22-16 01:26 PM
    Well, even if we did see development for another BB10 - which I seriously doubt, with the exception of a few on here (add some extra apps to the scenario), minor BB10 sales. But, for those continuing to mention the words that Chen hasn't said, keep hope alive. JMHO, I don't see it happening either.....no matter how bad some of us would like to see Android - gone. Also, all of us can daer. Problem is most of us have either been here for some, most, or "all" of the changes that have happened to BlackBerry because of BlackBerry.
    09-22-16 01:44 PM
    Ill be watching and hoping for a BB OS device in the future. In the mean time ill be switching to iOS or Windows once my Passport dies or becomes too obsolete.
    I just REALLY hope to see BB10 evolve... and not into an android based OS.
    BerrySoul likes this.
    09-22-16 02:32 PM
    Long live ANDROID. !!

Posted via CB10
    09-22-16 02:57 PM
    The chance that we will see in the future a Blackberry 10 phone is very reduced. The OS development as we can all see: had, is having and will have only minor updates just to keep it alive and unfortunately that's all. If they continue with android I would like to see a proper development of their launcher to stand out of the crowd. To have all that is good from Blackberry OS and bring it to android.
    09-22-16 03:57 PM
    What IF there is a BB10 Android hybrid OS. Basically forked android injected with everything BB10 we want under the watchful eye of Google to fall under some new OHA terms to keep GPS. Marketed as an ultra secure OS.
    You just described the Priv and DTEK50.
    (No need for new OHA terms. They don't care about hardening or the software suite.)
    09-22-16 03:59 PM
    I have no issues with Blackberry going down the Android route as long as they can dress the OS to work EXACTLY like BB10

Posted via CB10
    09-22-16 04:02 PM
    I have no issues with Blackberry going down the Android route as long as they can dress the OS to work EXACTLY like BB10

Posted via CB10
    That would be dumb. It would just add weight and bloat to the OS. The BlackBerry Launcher keeps it light and quick.
    09-22-16 04:05 PM
    I think a little light from the company on the continuity of BB10 would be much appreciated for BB costumers.

It is kind of disrespectful the way they are treating us. I saw the sale going on at shop blackberry, but I can decide whether to buy a Passport or wait to see if there is going to be a new BB10 device next year.
    09-22-16 04:12 PM
    long live android. !!

Posted via cb10
    rip bb10!

*c5303
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    09-22-16 04:25 PM
    So I had an interesting conversation with a BBM user on one of Dylan's post. It started out with me talking about how I wanted the Mercury and how I was anxiously waiting for it, and this was his reply:

Attachment 408779

I don't know how much truth there could be to this but I'm really excited to see the future of BlackBerry hardware division. Nevertheless, I'm still jumping on Mercury day one!

Posted via CB10
    Very interesting!!
    09-22-16 05:59 PM
    BB10 Mercury yes!! Android? Meh..

Posted via CB10
    09-22-16 06:13 PM
    LONG LIVE BB10 OS!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-22-16 06:16 PM
    Dylan says all kinds of stuff just to get you guys all excited... Some things are true others are a fairy tale. Bb still has to launch this Dtek 60 before they consider anything next year. Lots of things never even make it to production
    Matty likes this.
    09-22-16 06:33 PM
    LONG LIVE BB10 OS!!!!!
    Seems more like a long slow death. Now as well as 10.3.3 we can add a BlackBerry Link fix for Windows 10 to the list of updates BlackBerry needs to do to show that it is still supporting BB10.
    09-22-16 07:22 PM
    BB10 Mercury yes!! Android? Meh..

Posted via CB10
    I had a dream...

*C5303
    Bratza likes this.
    09-22-16 07:23 PM
    This looks like it has a curved screen like the Priv. The Argon that I've seen has a flat screen.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-22-16 07:30 PM
    BlackBerry may exit smartphone hardware business as soon as September 28

According to a report in the Motley Fool, the Waterloo, Canada-based company may announce an exit from the market as soon as September 28, the day before it releases earnings for this year’s second quarter. BlackBerry’s smartphones command less than 1 percent of the global market; its hardware division accounts for more than 65 percent of its research and development expenses; and Wall Street analysts project that, on its current trajectory, the company will lose money in 2017 and 2018. At a shareholder meeting in June, CEO John Chen said he didn’t “personally believe devices [were] going to be the future of any company,” and that he’d make a call in September about whether or not BlackBerry would continue to invest in smartphones. Perhaps tellingly, BlackBerry has launched a sitewide sale on all cases, chargers, batteries, and audio products for its existing handset line, the midrange DTEK50 and pricier Priv.
    09-22-16 08:55 PM
    Pure speculation, part of the ongoing media deathwatch obsession with BlackBerry hardware.
    09-22-16 09:00 PM
    Dylan says all kinds of stuff just to get you guys all excited... Some things are true others are a fairy tale. Bb still has to launch this Dtek 60 before they consider anything next year. Lots of things never even make it to production
    But it isn't Dylan who said it lol. It was someone else who was commenting on one of Dylan's post.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-16 09:23 PM
    BlackBerry may exit smartphone hardware business as soon as September 28

According to a report in the Motley Fool, the Waterloo, Canada-based company may announce an exit from the market as soon as September 28, the day before it releases earnings for this year�s second quarter. BlackBerry�s smartphones command less than 1 percent of the global market; its hardware division accounts for more than 65 percent of its research and development expenses; and Wall Street analysts project that, on its current trajectory, the company will lose money in 2017 and 2018. At a shareholder meeting in June, CEO John Chen said he didn�t �personally believe devices [were] going to be the future of any company,� and that he�d make a call in September about whether or not BlackBerry would continue to invest in smartphones. Perhaps tellingly, BlackBerry has launched a sitewide sale on all cases, chargers, batteries, and audio products for its existing handset line, the midrange DTEK50 and pricier Priv.
    Lol they've been saying this about BlackBerry all the time but BlackBerry is still making devices and they're still in the game!

Posted via CB10
    09-22-16 09:25 PM
    But it isn't Dylan who said it lol. It was someone else who was commenting on one of Dylan's post.

Posted via CB10
    which gives it even LESS credit
    Ronindan likes this.
    09-22-16 09:31 PM
    It was ruled out by the fact there is no development team to speak of, all of the developer tools are EOL, the app world is full of the walking dead, no BB10 phones are in production and they have struggled to get even a minor point update with minor security patches out.

So sure nobody is going to come out and say "it's dead"... but it's dead.
    Ahem, sir if I might just say, I'm the guy in that and I know more than you do. I also talk to people that you'll never know. So thank you for doubting a 10 device but anything is a possibility. You and many other BlackBerry fans have seen how they are. They change their mind all the time on stuff so just keep an eye out. I can't say what we'll happen since we're many many moths out from next summer and fall but again, you might be surprised. When you start to doubt, that's when it's the worst. Have some faith eh, might do you good.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-16 11:12 PM
    I'm waiting for a new OS7 device. It's POSSIBLE.

Posted via CB10
    Haha, at least that OS was super smooth! The Bold was fabulous!

Posted via CB10
    09-22-16 11:25 PM
    I'm waiting for a new OS7 device. It's POSSIBLE.

Posted via CB10
    A new OS7 device would be great.
    09-22-16 11:48 PM
117 1234 ...