So I had an interesting conversation with a BBM user on one of Dylan's post. It started out with me talking about how I wanted the Mercury and how I was anxiously waiting for it, and this was his reply:

More BlackBerry devices next year? (Speculation)-img_20160922_015013.png

I don't know how much truth there could be to this but I'm really excited to see the future of BlackBerry hardware division. Nevertheless, I'm still jumping on Mercury day one!

Posted via CB10
    fanBBRY likes this.
    09-22-16 04:04 AM
    TBH i'd temper my expectations a little bit.

Assume nothing until its confirmed
    Blacklatino and skinnymike1 like this.
    09-22-16 04:14 AM
    Killed their credibility when they suggested it could be a BB device.
    09-22-16 04:31 AM
    Lol @bb10 device...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    JeepBB and andy957 like this.
    09-22-16 04:36 AM
    Killed their credibility when they suggested it could be a BB device.
    It was never ruled out by anyone from BlackBerry that BB10 or any other future upgrade of the OS was not happening.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-16 04:36 AM
    It was never ruled out by anyone from BlackBerry that BB10 or any other future upgrade of the OS was not happening.

Posted via CB10
    It was ruled out by the fact there is no development team to speak of, all of the developer tools are EOL, the app world is full of the walking dead, no BB10 phones are in production and they have struggled to get even a minor point update with minor security patches out.

So sure nobody is going to come out and say "it's dead"... but it's dead.
    09-22-16 04:39 AM

Posted via CB10
    They can't said that ..they still have inventory to sale

09-22-16 04:41 AM
    It was ruled out by the fact there is no development team to speak of, all of the developer tools are EOL, the app world is full of the walking dead, no BB10 phones are in production and they have struggled to get even a minor point update with minor security patches out.

So sure nobody is going to come out and say "it's dead"... but it's dead.
    Well he wasn't saying it was another BB10 phone for sure. He said it was possible. He also said it could be just more android devices.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-16 04:52 AM
    Well he wasn't saying it was another BB10 phone for sure. He said it was possible. He also said it could be just more android devices.

Posted via CB10
    By saying it was possible, he was indicating clearly he has no real knowledge about BBRY - so why would we take the rest seriously?
    09-22-16 05:05 AM
    By saying it was possible, he was indicating clearly he has no real knowledge about BBRY - so why would we take the rest seriously?
    Don't write anything off so quickly lol. Many of you guys on here doubted the existence of Argon and look what's happening. Is anyone saying there will be another BB10 device? Absolutely not. Is there a potential? Absolutely. Although I think BlackBerry might just stick with android from here on out.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-16 05:16 AM
    Don't write anything off so quickly lol. Many of you guys on here doubted the existence of Argon and look what's happening. Is anyone saying there will be another BB10 device? Absolutely not. Is there a potential? Absolutely. Although I think BlackBerry might just stick with android from here on out.

Posted via CB10
    There was solid evidence that Argon would come. Strong hints from the company. Leaked design specs. Leaked photos. No different than the solid evidence that Priv would be Android.

There has been no evidence whatsoever, zilch, zip, nada, that another BB10 device is being developed. No rumors, no leaks, no announcements, no hints. NOTHING except BlackBerry saying "we never said we won't make another BB10 phone."

...just wishful thinking on crackberry.

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    JeepBB, Blacklatino, TGR1 and 1 others like this.
    09-22-16 05:21 AM
    Yeah, if you are a BB10 fan take a look at what is currently available and stock up.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-16 05:39 AM
    There was solid evidence that Argon would come. Strong hints from the company. Leaked design specs. Leaked photos. No different than the solid evidence that Priv would be Android.

There has been no evidence whatsoever, zilch, zip, nada, that another BB10 device is being developed. No rumors, no leaks, no announcements, no hints. NOTHING except BlackBerry saying "we never said we won't make another BB10 phone."

...just wishful thinking on crackberry.

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    Leaked photos? Where?

09-22-16 06:11 AM
    What IF there is a BB10 Android hybrid OS. Basically forked android injected with everything BB10 we want under the watchful eye of Google to fall under some new OHA terms to keep GPS. Marketed as an ultra secure OS.

I probably still wouldn't buy it but would be SOO much better than the current offerings.
    09-22-16 07:03 AM
    What IF there is a BB10 Android hybrid OS. Basically forked android injected with everything BB10 we want under the watchful eye of Google to fall under some new OHA terms to keep GPS. Marketed as an ultra secure OS.
    King google says no. "yes my master" say its loyal subject BBRY.
    Alyn33 likes this.
    09-22-16 07:05 AM
    I think there's potential that BlackBerry is building the next iPhone.
    DrBoomBotz, JeepBB and MikeX74 like this.
    09-22-16 07:07 AM
    Leaked photos? Where?

cgk, brian4591, Jrox74 and 1 others like this.
    09-22-16 07:09 AM

I probably still wouldn't buy it but would be SOO much better than the current offerings.
    More chance of seeing a BB10 device then that.

Keep in mind the last rumoured BB10 device ended up being the Priv
    So I wouldnt hold my breath.

At the very least you may get some low end devices, possibly, if they have components they need to burn through
    09-22-16 07:39 AM
    I'm waiting for a new OS7 device. It's POSSIBLE.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-16 07:43 AM
    More chance of seeing a BB10 device then that.

Keep in mind the last rumoured BB10 device ended up being the Priv
    So I wouldnt hold my breath.

At the very least you may get some low end devices, possibly, if they have components they need to burn through
    Would have to be really low-end at this point, I think the last processor they have drivers for is from 2012?
    09-22-16 07:47 AM
    Would have to be really low-end at this point, I think the last processor they have drivers for is from 2012?
    Aye, it's extremely unlikely, but I wouldnt be surprised to see Blackberry do something like that.
    09-22-16 07:51 AM
    It's not like BB10 has been developed to move with the times though
    09-22-16 07:53 AM
    I'm waiting for a new OS7 device. It's POSSIBLE.

Posted via CB10
    Yup! Blackberry never said they wouldn't!
    JeepBB and Blacklatino like this.
    09-22-16 10:09 AM
    Look, some of you guys on here obviously don't know how to read lol. What the person said is that it's very possible we'll see more devices next year as well. He never specified if it was android or BB10. He just it could be one of the two, most likely android.

The current phones we're talking about he said have been in development for many months now. Which is obvious since we heard about the Mercury last year. So if there were going to be devices released next year then designs and ideas for those phones must be in progress already.

Posted via CB10
    Gallofa likes this.
    09-22-16 12:00 PM
    Aye, it's extremely unlikely, but I wouldnt be surprised to see Blackberry do something like that.
    To be fair BlackBerry occasionally do some random things - remember the 9720? A BBOS device released well after BB10 was launched.

Posted via CB10
    darkehawke likes this.
    09-22-16 12:53 PM
117 123 ...