I'm a little more bumed about that 3g icon. Was hoping to see a 4. Just looking for more confirmation that it would happen.

Via my PlayBook and Tapatalk
    You're looking for more "confirmation"... what, that BB10 will be 4G? Really?
    09-25-12 12:43 AM
    I wouldn't look too much into the 3G thing. They high end devices will be 4G considering the CEO believes they're losing because of a lack of 4G devices (even though we all know that's not the reason why).
    09-25-12 12:49 AM
    Speed of email is vital to me. I run an emergency alert service and waiting even 2-5 minutes is too long.

With my current 9850 I see an alert leave my SMTP server and hit my phone within a second. I fear that without push email it will slow way down.

This could be a deal breaker.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    I'm confused - it usually takes 15 minutes for an email to show up for me...

Anyway, PlayBook email sucks. Deleting a message removes it from the server and I no longer have it there to download on my PC.

If I have an email on my phone and then check it on my PC, it stays on my phone. If I have it on the PlayBook then check it on my PC, it disappears from my PlayBook.
    09-25-12 12:54 AM
    I actually do like the URL bar to be at the bottom. It is easier for me. When typing a URL, don't have to look at down to the keyboard, then up all the way to the top for the URL. Very happy to see this.
    09-25-12 01:21 AM
    As long as it's user customizable I don't care where it sits by default.
    09-25-12 01:26 AM
    I'm confused - it usually takes 15 minutes for an email to show up for me...

Anyway, PlayBook email sucks. Deleting a message removes it from the server and I no longer have it there to download on my PC.

If I have an email on my phone and then check it on my PC, it stays on my phone. If I have it on the PlayBook then check it on my PC, it disappears from my PlayBook.
    Hmm... If you're using Gmail, have you tried looking at the Settings for POP and IMAP? Both have rules for dealing with deletion, whether to delete from the server or not.

I like to keep all my devices in sync, so when I delete on my Playbook, I have it delete off the server too.
    00stryder likes this.
    09-25-12 02:50 AM
    Speed of email is vital to me. I run an emergency alert service and waiting even 2-5 minutes is too long.

With my current 9850 I see an alert leave my SMTP server and hit my phone within a second. I fear that without push email it will slow way down.

Tim

Let's not jump to conclusions until we have actual facts from RIM. This entire thread is based on pure speculation.
    09-25-12 03:30 AM
    I'm a little more bumed about that 3g icon. Was hoping to see a 4. Just looking for more confirmation that it would happen.

I would take these images with a grain of salt and not come to any conclusions based on them. This is how false rumors are started.
    09-25-12 03:44 AM
    Agree, BB Jam is just hours away. To add on to pure speculation, I think we'll see an update to Dev Alpha to a more BB10-esque UI. :P
    09-25-12 07:49 AM
    Hmmm...seems the URL bar is on the bottom, compared to being on the top
    Good find. I actually think ill like this a lot. I always hate how you have to reach to the top of the screen to navigate. It's much easier to tough the bottom of the screen. Also most websites navigate on the top and I occasionally press the browser buttons rather than a website link.

I never thought about putting this on the bottom, but I think it's brilliant.
    09-25-12 08:41 AM

Tim

Really? The deal breaker is having the same email time as everyone else? Umm...all I can say is wow lol
    09-25-12 09:17 AM

lol the pics are from Italy. There is no doubt it will have the proper indicator in Canada/US.
    00stryder likes this.
    09-25-12 09:30 AM
    376 for the browser is ridiculous, considering the max is 500 and 19 of those can't be done on all touch devices (drag and drop). Of course implementation of this features is what matters - fast, smooth browsing with a great selection of web apps.
    09-25-12 03:07 PM
    Hmm... If you're using Gmail, have you tried looking at the Settings for POP and IMAP? Both have rules for dealing with deletion, whether to delete from the server or not.

I like to keep all my devices in sync, so when I delete on my Playbook, I have it delete off the server too.
    I don't use Gmail (or webmail in general).

POP3 from my ISP for me. That way I have all of my email on my PC.

I don't think my ISP gives me 2GB of email storage.
    09-25-12 03:17 PM
    I don't use Gmail (or webmail in general).

POP3 from my ISP for me. That way I have all of my email on my PC.

I don't think my ISP gives me 2GB of email storage.
    I switched to using web-based email because my original ISP kept getting gobbled up... netcom.com -> mindspring.com -> earthlink.com. Each time, I had to update all the places I used my email address as registration. It was a big hassle! Switching to web-based email made it much easier to replace the underlying ISP. I eventually switched from paying $25/month for 52 Kbps dial-up Earthlink to 1.5 Mbps AT&T DSL for the same price.

Anyway, looking over Gmail's POP options, when an email is read on a client device (PC, PlayBook, etc.), it can be: kept as a copy on the server, marked as read on the server, archived on the server or deleted from the server. Perhaps your ISP has similar settings?
    09-25-12 07:40 PM
    On my phone, it downloads a copy and leaves a copy on the server for my Outlook to download and clear off later. If I delete it from my phone it stays on the server (unless I hit delete from phone and inbox)

On the PlayBook it deletes it from the server - no option to only delete the local copy. It's like it's working off the server.
    09-25-12 07:47 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD