I spend my time reading - here, there - I speculate, I wonder, I presume, I dream, I forecast, I change my business orientation (to BB10 devices). You know, I' convinced.

But there's a point that has not been discussed (or even evoked) in deep : The sales-force.
    It's no news RIM has no self-owned shop (or maybe some exceptions, here and there).
    Ok, they just can't afford it right now; much too expensive.

What plans (i.e: methods and means) M. Heins have in this area ? I really don't know, but I suppose he learned about the (dramatic) experience of PB being thrown like dust on a table, no single vendor being able to demonstrate how to use it (provided it was at least set up).

So, let's be creative, folks ! Maybe we could input some good NEW orientations for these people to hit the street ... wait ... and if these people ... us ? ... an incentive program ? ...

[FAKE]

Pres release : Today, RIM unveils its new "BOLD evangelists" program.
    You're a Blackberry loyal customer and you want to take a part in BB10 success ?
    Join the BOLD evangelist program.
    For each device bought by a non previous Blackberry user, you'll get credits to buy accessories, devices or services at shopblackberry.com.
    More ?
    The top 10 specifiers for each region will gain an all inclusive worldwide trip into 10 selected RIM's locations, plus a BB10 combo (phone and PlayBook), plus a one year unlimited worldwide phone and data plan !
    How ?
    Simply register at our BOLD evangelist program site.
    Then when buying, evangelized customers must simply add you as their first BBM contact and start a discussion with this sentence "I'm so glad I moved to Blackberry". That simple.
    [/FAKE]

I swear, I'm not on drugs

And you, how would you extend sales-force ?
    Be creative !
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 05-31-12 at 04:25 AM.
    05-31-12 04:21 AM
    One of the things that bothers me the most about RIM products here in the US is how they are presented in thhe retail environment. I have been in several Best Buys and Office Depots over the last couple of months and it is very obviuos that no love is given to the PlayBook as you can barely find one that is running, most are unplugged and can not be tried out, makes it very hard to sale if it can't be played with in the store. Same can be said about the phones, most are dummy units, but the live ones are usually lifeless. Accessories are another bad move, very hard to find accessories for the BB line of phones in a brick and mortar store. Sure they can be found on line, but it is so much easier to sell if they are available in the stores.

That being said, the BB10 rollout has to address these issues. RIM has to figure out a way to get the retailers on board for supporting there products. Whether it be by training, product knowledge videos, give the associates free units to use or good size commissions for sales of there products.

One thing is for sure, RIM has to have the backing of the carriers and retailers and they have to advertise this launch like crazy for it to be successful.
    05-31-12 08:16 AM
    One of the things that bothers me the most about RIM products here in the US is how they are presented in thhe retail environment. I have been in several Best Buys and Office Depots over the last couple of months and it is very obviuos that no love is given to the PlayBook as you can barely find one that is running, most are unplugged and can not be tried out, makes it very hard to sale if it can't be played with in the store. Same can be said about the phones, most are dummy units, but the live ones are usually lifeless. Accessories are another bad move, very hard to find accessories for the BB line of phones in a brick and mortar store. Sure they can be found on line, but it is so much easier to sell if they are available in the stores.

That being said, the BB10 rollout has to address these issues. RIM has to figure out a way to get the retailers on board for supporting there products. Whether it be by training, product knowledge videos, give the associates free units to use or good size commissions for sales of there products.

One thing is for sure, RIM has to have the backing of the carriers and retailers and they have to advertise this launch like crazy for it to be successful.
    Yesterday whilst looking for a new sat nav I began to chat to the assistant about how it would be great when my playbook can be used for that, the thing that suprised me was, he said yes we sell alot of them there is solid interest and he could see where I was coming from, that in car sat navs where not that good a quality and how other "Pads" wouldn't come up to the mark at the moment.
    I should have bottled him and sent him around the world.
    I left the store "Currys" (PC World) feeling good about my choices. It was apparent he knew what he was talking about, he is as rare as hens teeth. He gets the trip and the combo!!!!
    Last edited by daveycrocket; 05-31-12 at 08:37 AM.
    05-31-12 08:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD