For me it was when I was humming a tune that I made up in my head and I jotted down some lyrics in the memopad! Otherwise it would have been on my mind all day!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 03:02 AM
    My first e-mail received.

12-07-08 03:21 AM
    1) My first email received
    2) Chatting with all my IM accounts
    3) Upgrading to 4.5

The first love is new and exciting
    The second love is discovering new things together
    The third love is forever
    12-07-08 03:44 AM
    No such moments for me. It is circuitry wrapped in plastic. It is
    a tool and nothing more.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 12-07-08 at 04:02 AM.
    12-07-08 04:00 AM
    Fell in love when I upgraded my OS to 4.5
    12-07-08 04:31 AM
    When the box opened on March 28 2008!! Never been apart since... :-D
    12-07-08 04:56 AM
    a tool and nothing more.
    Hmm I wonder why you would post here then... At 3:00am (MST)... you must have SOME emotional attachment, otherwise you would be JUST browsing the tech related threads and not one such as this. Unless you just like to be a Negative Nancy. ;-)

12-07-08 05:01 AM
    a tool and nothing more.
    Beat me to it
    12-07-08 06:41 AM
    When I opened an email with an excel attachment on a Friday......
    12-07-08 06:58 AM
    a tool and nothing more.
    For me, it is true, it's circuitry in a plastic shell.

But I miss it when it's not with me.

I feel bad when it gets anything even close to a scratch.

I keep it clean with a microfiber cloth.

I change it's battery when necessary.

And I rely on it for its constant input into my day. Keeping me informed of current news, information and communication.

While it may just be electronics in a wrapper, it has become a daily companion that would be difficult to go without. I have a fear. A fear that someday I will have to take it in for service, and they'll hand me a cell phone to tide me over.

It's much more than a cell phone, much more.
    12-07-08 07:35 AM
    a tool and nothing more.
    I agree... partly.

I also appreciate my BB because it's a tool that works.

My BB adds to my day rather than subtracts from my day. So to say that I love it is not entirely inappropriate. It works well and stays the heck out of my way.

Last night, I was on the way to see my god-daughter's performance and couldn't remember the address. I pulled over and pulled up the web site of the college and had to go about 3 pages deep to find the address, but I got it nonetheless. This sounds so trivial. People brag about using the web on their Palms, dumb phones and iphones all the time.

But if you are sitting on the freeway service drive, you need the result before the next big group of cars comes along. Which means NOW. No resets. No failure to connect. No can't get a signal, please drive 1/4 mile further up the road past the entrance ramp to look for a signal that works. No BS. It simply needs to work and it needs to work NOW.

My BB stayed the heck out of my way and got me the small amount of data I needed exactly when I needed it so I could focus on what's important in my life. So my appreciation for my BB might be referred to as "love." People say that about their Blackberries because they don't want to give them up. I say that about mine because it doesn't make me give up the things in life that matter to deal with problems on my phone. You can tell my previous smartphones were Treos, can't you?

Everybody should have an iphone on att fail to get a signal or drop a call or a Treo go through a reset when a call comes in so they can appreciate their BB a little more. This emotion we have about our Blackberries is closely related to the fact that they are among the few technology devices you can buy that what is written on the outside of the box isn't merely a rosy best-case scenario, but accurately describes the consistent performance of the device that's inside.
    12-07-08 08:01 AM
    It was the moment I opened that package in the mail and saw the most perfect phone. I immeditly ran to the store and had it turned on. Then I couldn't sleep for a week because I was playing with my "TOY"then on the 22nd of that same month I had the Data turned on. I fell in love again and couldn't sleep for a week because I was playing with my "TOY" again.

12-07-08 08:51 AM
    When I saw it in the store
    12-07-08 09:00 AM
    My first email, my first facebook notification...*sigh*

i'm hooked for life
    12-07-08 10:01 AM
    My current berry love was the moment I switched it on and saw the screen clarity and experienced the 3g. My first love (my curve) took a lot longer. I think it was when I finally began customizing it and downloading the apps I can't live without and it became truly "mine".

12-07-08 10:25 AM
    The first time it spell checked an email

12-07-08 10:36 AM
    The first time I turned it on.

12-07-08 10:45 AM
    a tool and nothing more.
    Which is the exact reason that in a year you have 6800+ posts at CB... and it seems to me that everytime I'm online you are here .

Most addictions are due to a chemical dependancy..... and unless you are licking the battery daily , that isn't the case with a BB .

You can deny it ...after all...who would fall in love with an inanimate plastic object ? Or dare to admit it ?

Me? Yes...I "love " my berry . And no one but me get to touch and caress it on a daily basis

12-07-08 11:25 AM
    Which is the exact reason that in a year you have 6800+ posts at CB... and it seems to me that everytime I'm online you are here .
    Nice try, but ultimately flawed. Go back and look at my posts. There are very few
    that are as banal and as insipid as constantly repeating "Welcome to CB", none
    professing my addiction to my phone, none expressing how much I love it and
    could not possibly live without it, none complaining about scratches, or other
    people touching it or any of the other "addiction content" that gets posted on this site daily.

As to why I am here, I just try to pass on the knowledge and info I gained from
    many other members when I first joined and had no clue what I was doing or
    why my phone "misbehaved". On that score I think I have done OK, you may disagree.
    Simple enough concept, try wrapping your mind
    around it.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 12-07-08 at 11:38 AM.
    12-07-08 11:36 AM
    Simple enough concept, try wrapping your mind
    around it.
    No need to wrap my mind around it . The fact that it took 11 minutes for you to respond to my comments proves my statement that you are always here

As for looking back at your posts ...why ??? Doesn't matter what the context is.... it's the # of them . Don't get me wrong ...I'm not condemning you for it in any way .

I'm just pointing out to you the fact that for someone who sees their BB as merely "circuitry wrapped in plastic" ... you spend alot of your time focused on it .

Where's your BB right now? Within arms reach ? Are you working and "need" it close ?

Or do you just like having it within reach cuz you never know when the next email / sms / mms might come thru ?

And although you see it as stupid and banal to confess anything beyond a " working attachment " to your berry.......could it be ( as with most other addictions ) simple denial?

12-07-08 11:52 AM
    As soon as I took it out of the box. It's become a security blanket.

12-07-08 11:55 AM
    Ummm about 60 seconds after I switched my Curve on for the first time LOL!
    12-07-08 12:42 PM
    No need to wrap my mind around it . The fact that it took 11 minutes for you to respond to my comments proves my statement that you are always here

As for looking back at your posts ...why ??? Doesn't matter what the context is.... it's the # of them . Don't get me wrong ...I'm not condemning you for it in any way .

I'm just pointing out to you the fact that for someone who sees their BB as merely "circuitry wrapped in plastic" ... you spend alot of your time focused on it .

Where's your BB right now? Within arms reach ? Are you working and "need" it close ?

Or do you just like having it within reach cuz you never know when the next email / sms / mms might come thru ?

And although you see it as stupid and banal to confess anything beyond a " working attachment " to your berry.......could it be ( as with most other addictions ) simple denial?

I'm trying to figure out if this is a serious post or not. Hopefully not.
    12-07-08 01:42 PM
    The moment I received the activation notices when I first set up my email accounts.

12-07-08 01:51 PM
    Can't we all just get along? Lol

I knew the minute I read the specs on the 8830WE (which was my first BB). I was hooked before I even bought it.
    12-07-08 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD