On the recent earnings call, MobileIron CEO really only considers AirWatch a competitor to his company. I find this odd as BlackBerry recently promoted the stat that they are the leader in MDM with more customers then all the other companies combined.

MobileIron CEO Calls EMM Space A Two-Horse Race - Page: 1 | CRN
    10-29-14 11:01 PM
    During the call, Tinker cited a recent IDC report stating MobileIron has grown faster than any EMM member and has the highest market share of any other vendor in the space,
    "Generally we are seeing less price aggressiveness from the one competitor we see the most," Tinker said. "The exception is legacy players we see like BlackBerry and Microsoft who try to give their stuff away for free because they have no choice."
    Two notable quotes. The CEO, citing IDC, finds MobileIron as the largest vendor. Furthermore, he perceives Blackberry as a legacy player with an uncompetitive product that it distributes for free.

Another report to look at is Gartner's Magic Quadrant.
    http://www.appstechnews.com/news/201...-players-2013/
    Last edited by sentimentGX4; 10-30-14 at 12:02 AM.
    10-29-14 11:38 PM
    Two horse race?
    He should take his blinds off...

Blackberry is starting to limit free licences and is going to monetize again. BES12 is set to make inroads.

? ? ? Qchen ? ? ?
    10-30-14 01:59 AM
    Well, in many ways the CEO of mobile iron is right. Mobile Iron is a single product pure MDM play. They focus on smaller companies whose needs are basic. BlackBerry competes in the medium to large company segment with IBM and MS. This market has more sophisticated needs in regards to device management and services. Now it is not exactly news that BlackBerry has made BES12 scalable and is likely to push downward to smaller companies. To be honest, if BlackBerry can provide their enhanced services at a competitive price, mobile iron will have a tough time competing.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 05:05 AM
    A bizarre case of wishful thinking or simply a marketing trick designed to enforce the mistaken perception that BlackBerry is getting out of business. I doubt it will help MobileIron a lot.
    10-30-14 05:11 AM
    I don't know much about the MDM market, as a small business owner (let's say a couple of dozen devices) I found things lacking when going from BBOS to BB10. I would have liked to try a scaled down/BB Hosted BES to give me features with minimal cost. I never minded the $5 BIS cost and still think I would pay the money if I had a BES option.

Sent while driving from my Crackberry.
    10-30-14 08:35 AM
    Well, BlackBerry Fact Check did a piece on Mobile Iron "showing it's rust", so I would say turnabout is fair play. Hope BES12 really wows MDM IT people.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 08:46 AM
    Well, BlackBerry Fact Check did a piece on Mobile Iron "showing it's rust", so I would say turnabout is fair play. Hope BES12 really wows MDM IT people.

Posted via CB10
    Is there a non-Blackberry affiliated source that actually shows/believes Blackberry is a leader in MDM? Neither Gartner nor IDC believe BES is on the radar at all and these are respected, industry third party sources.

EDIT: I have Googled "MDM marketshare". Most reports cost thousands of dollars. Here is the one free report I could find.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...78597519,d.cGU

The report is nice as it features many vendors roughly equally.
    Last edited by sentimentGX4; 10-30-14 at 09:18 AM.
    KingOfQwerty likes this.
    10-30-14 08:53 AM
    Well, in many ways the CEO of mobile iron is right. Mobile Iron is a single product pure MDM play. They focus on smaller companies whose needs are basic. BlackBerry competes in the medium to large company segment with IBM and MS. This market has more sophisticated needs in regards to device management and services. Now it is not exactly news that BlackBerry has made BES12 scalable and is likely to push downward to smaller companies. To be honest, if BlackBerry can provide their enhanced services at a competitive price, mobile iron will have a tough time competing.

Posted via CB10
    +1. He's seen the future and it doesn't look too bright. BlackBerry's to well established.

*VI* Posted Via CB10 on my Z10*VI*
    10-30-14 09:08 AM
    10-30-14 11:41 AM
    I thought everyone had gone to calling it EMM now. Anyway, I found this:

Niche Players

To keep things simple, Gartner said: "Niche Players are often excellent choices for organizations. Niche Players do not have the product completeness, revenue, mind share and track record of Leaders or Challengers. Their product road maps typically represent a strategy of following the market, rather than leading it.

Companies ranking in this year's Nich Players Quadrant: Blackberry (BBRY), Tangoe, LANDesk, Absolute Software and Globo.

Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) | Mobile Device Management content from MSPmentor
    10-30-14 11:54 AM
    I guess MobileIron's CEO is just upset because Aviva Insurance switched over to BES10. If you recall, Aviva suffered a data breach on devices managed by MobileIron earlier this year. Multinational Insurance Company Switches to BES10 from MDM Competitor

I don't know much about the MDM market, as a small business owner (let's say a couple of dozen devices) I found things lacking when going from BBOS to BB10. I would have liked to try a scaled down/BB Hosted BES to give me features with minimal cost. I never minded the $5 BIS cost and still think I would pay the money if I had a BES option.
    It already exists and it's free until March 2015.
    BES10 Cloud Market Preview

This doesn't even compare to the capabilities of BES and this is only MDM for Office 365 data.
    10-30-14 12:01 PM
    My workplace recently implement office 365. It is the typical mediocre MS product and there has been complaint, after complaint after complaint. Size is what keeps this company going, it certainly isn't product quality.

Posted via CB10
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    10-31-14 07:38 AM
    BB Inside Blog had something to say about MobileIrons CEO comments :

Soundbites Gone Wrong: MobileIron?s Bob Tinker | Inside BlackBerry
    matthewgreyling likes this.
    10-31-14 03:09 PM
    Two horse race?
    He should take his blinds off...

Blackberry is starting to limit free licences and is going to monetize again. BES12 is set to make inroads.

? ? ? Qchen ? ? ?
    When the 3rd horse is so far down the track that it has already cooled off and is eating the trophy flowers, yes it is a 2 horse race as far as the loser horses are concerned.
    BCITMike likes this.
    10-31-14 03:27 PM
    Anecdotal: None of the customers we deal with use BES. And I work for a company selling to enterprises. As someone who uses a BlackBerry and wants them to succeed I wish it weren't true, but...
    10-31-14 08:28 PM
    Two notable quotes. The CEO, citing IDC, finds MobileIron as the largest vendor. Furthermore, he perceives Blackberry as a legacy player with an uncompetitive product that it distributes for free.

Another report to look at is Gartner's Magic Quadrant.
    Gartner: Who are the leading MDM players in 2013? - Enterprise Apps Tech News
    That Gartner report was done in spring 2013. BES 10 didn't have iOS or Android support. Wasn't in the cloud. It was a niche, With these additions, it is no longer a niche product.
    10-31-14 08:57 PM
    I truly love these reports, they have no facts or numbers to back them up. My son can great a better report then these research firms can.
    Put some dots here, some pie charts, pictures, diagram, and my thought, Bingo you have a report.
    10-31-14 09:23 PM
    That Gartner report was done in spring 2013. BES 10 didn't have iOS or Android support. Wasn't in the cloud. It was a niche, With these additions, it is no longer a niche product.
    Actually, my link is from June, 2014.

I truly love these reports, they have no facts or numbers to back them up. My son can great a better report then these research firms can.
    Put some dots here, some pie charts, pictures, diagram, and my thought, Bingo you have a report.
    If you want to pay for the report, go ahead. Denying it's viability due to it just being a summation is a bit illogical.
    11-01-14 09:40 AM
    Anecdotal: None of the customers we deal with use BES. And I work for a company selling to enterprises. As someone who uses a BlackBerry and wants them to succeed I wish it weren't true, but...
    Mobile Iron is in a cash burn situation. They are loosing money quarter after quarter on their product offerings. They are actively looking for a buyer and like Good Technologies will be lucky to survive the next few years. They are in tough straights as they don't have the cash to improve their product. Worse, they are loosing there installed customer base. Nothing new here.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 12:07 PM
    Mobile Iron is in a cash burn situation. They are loosing money quarter after quarter on their product offerings. They are actively looking for a buyer and like Good Technologies will be lucky to survive the next few years. They are in tough straights as they don't have the cash to improve their product. Worse, they are loosing there installed customer base. Nothing new here.

Posted via CB10
    While still losing money, their loss per share is decreasing. Not sure where you found the data that they are losing subscribers. Source please?
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    11-01-14 12:33 PM
    While still losing money, their loss per share is decreasing. Not sure where you found the data that they are losing subscribers. Source please?
    Total loss is increasing. So it doesn't matter the loss per share.

MobileIron Announces Fiscal Third Quarter 2014 Financial Results (NASDAQ:MOBL)
    11-01-14 01:40 PM
    Last quarter it was reported by the company that renewal rate for licenses was 90%.
    11-01-14 01:50 PM
    The full reports do have juicy facts and numbers. What is linked in this thread is essentially a preview of what is in the report.

You can purchase one of the full reports here for $1995.00.
    https://www.gartner.com/doc/2757817/...ity-management

There are alternatives to Gartner, though, all the reports I found still cost thousands of dollars.
    11-01-14 03:51 PM
    Funny the CEO doesn't consider blackberry a competitor and its total revenue for the quarter was get this 34 million.that barely qualifies as!a business let alonea blackberry competitor. Total market value 750/ million which is also a joke how overvalued is that? You might want to use a calculator Mr CEO because not only are you not the leader your not even a blip in the market. How people get sucked in this n this stuff is beyond me. Mobile iron is like. A dot on the map that you can't even find. Something wrong with his revenue calculations if he even knows how to use a calculator. Leader in the category.a pipe dream at best.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-03-14 05:47 AM
44 12