I've begun my fitness this month and I keep thinking of getting a fitness tracker and the only one which seems appealing to me is the Fitbit flex device.

I have a concern however. This device syncs with iPhones and Androids. With my Z10 will I be able to get the same results as on these other devices. Sync is by bluetooth. Anyone suggestions?

Posted via CB10 on Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2228
    06-06-14 11:59 AM
    My best suggestion would be to pose the question here: #MobileFit Month - Connectedly Forum
    You're most likely to get the best response there.
    06-06-14 12:20 PM
    Welcome to the forum.
    Sayid91 likes this.
    06-06-14 12:27 PM
    My best suggestion would be to pose the question here: #MobileFit Month - Connectedly Forum
    You're most likely to get the best response there.
    Thanks. Will check it out. Been on it and read a couple of things but didn't quite get what I need.

Posted via CB10 on Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2228
    06-06-14 12:46 PM
    Currently no you will not be able to sync with your Z10. Apparently it works with OS 10.3 though if you feel like tinkering.

I have the Flex and although I loved it at first, I've grown annoyed with having to recharge it every 4 days or so. Also it does not count stairs, and the readout is only 5 dots.

I'm waiting for my Garmin Vivofit to come in. The device itself is more to my liking, however it seems the website and apps for the Fitbit are more robust.

If you are looking for a fitness tracker that gives you more social networking options, the Fitbit is for you. If the social networking feature is less important to you than the fitness tracking, go with the Vivofit.

Jawbone and Polar also have offerings. I can't comment on how good they are as I haven't used either. I do have a Polar watch and it's quite amazing.

Fitbit also has very good customer service. I broke my first Fitbit and there was no problem getting it replaced. For my use, since I do races that involve mud, dirt and dye packs, the Fitbit isn't quite able to hold up under pressure. My current Flex is on it's 6th wristband replacement in a year. The tracker inside the band has lost most of its outer coating, I assume from exposure to moisture.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to diss the Fitbit. It is a good product, unless you are less than gentle with your sports like I am. If you are just trying to track general activity it's probably enough tracker for you.

Posted via CB10
    Sayid91 likes this.
    06-06-14 02:31 PM
    My fitbit syncs with my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 04:08 PM