So your reason for preferring landscape is mostly tradition? I believe most phone photos do not require the additional wide detail landscape provides. I used to think about it the same as you but then I realized that if my friends, family, etc only ever view the pictures portrait then that's how they should take them.
    So families all huddle around 5-6" portrait phones to view their photo repositories now? That's too bad I guess.

In any event, I'm not suggesting people don't do what works for them, but it still makes me laugh. It's like listening to one's music catalog in mp3/streaming.

Something rather substantial is being lost in all of this.
    10-23-19 02:48 PM
    So families all huddle around 5-6" portrait phones to view their photo repositories now? That's too bad I guess.

In any event, I'm not suggesting people don't do what works for them, but it still makes me laugh. It's like listening to one's music catalog in mp3.
    No, they tag each other on Instagram or Facebook or send the pictures in a group message. At least that's how my family operates for most pics. We do cast them to a TV occasionally. We have them running on a Google Smart Display but that handles the problem with intelligent cropping and side-by-each portrait photos.
    10-23-19 02:51 PM
    No, they tag each other on Instagram or Facebook or send the pictures in a group message. At least that's how my family operates for most pics. We do cast them to a TV occasionally. We have them running on a Google Smart Display but that handles the problem with intelligent cropping and side-by-each portrait photos.
    I think it will be an interesting 10-year time period to look back on from the future. So much data loss unfortunately - much of it non-recoverable.
    10-23-19 02:56 PM
    It's quite simple. Most picture viewing is done in portrait on the same or similar phone. If what you care about is looking at pictures on a TV or monitor then, sure, use landscape. But most people view and share pictures on phones with screens held in portrait 90% of the time so that's the way they take photos. Makes sense to me, anyway.
    I often take photos both portrait and landscape. Then I check which one I like the best. It is easy enough to crop photos as well. It also depends on what I am photographing. That tall Oregon tree? Portrait is used. The cloud and shoreline reflections on the river? Landscape.
    robnhl likes this.
    10-23-19 07:07 PM
    Pictures of cars and trucks on cinder blocks or trailers in the park goes landscape.

Pictures in the strip club usually are better in portrait. Of course it’s Florida so we’re different here.
    10-23-19 10:30 PM
    We have two Keyones in our household along with my Pixel 2 XL so I can compare the two. In good light most cameras are comparable. But once more challenging conditions are presented, cameras like the Pixels or the iPhones pull away with better quality.

2017 BlackBerry KeyOne in camera quality shootout by Marques Brownlee when viewed online and with 7 million voters beat out all but 3 of the top '18 mobile phone cameras. Check it out on YouTube. When viewed online the BlackBerry KeyOne images were one of the most preferred. It's awesome to watch the tech pundits in disbelief... 😂
    10-23-19 11:42 PM
    We have two Keyones in our household along with my Pixel 2 XL so I can compare the two. In good light most cameras are comparable. But once more challenging conditions are presented, cameras like the Pixels or the iPhones pull away with better quality.
    I have an S9 as well and agree in low light it performs better. Regular shooting conditions the KeyOne definitely holds its own. Here is the link to the comparison if you have not seen it prior

Enjoy- 😎
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-24-19 12:30 AM
    S9 or BE KeyOne image? Mobile phones are all about the camera: Winners and Losers.-img_20191006_1312523.jpeg
    10-24-19 12:45 AM
    To me it's the fact everyone talks about the camera and the need for a really great one but then just turn around and upload them to social media where they get compressed and gritty anyway. You see it all the time.. 'Great shot! What was it taken with?' As if it even matters. The standard of a great camera somehow, if the majority of people are being honest with themselves, is based on how good a photo looks on social media. That's pretty whack.
    I'm really looking forward to hear from my social networking friends "Great post! What was it written with" but that never happens!

Posted via CB10
    Bla1ze and gebco like this.
    10-24-19 09:09 AM
    Irrelevant. Pic is in good light. Maybe the shadow could cause a challenge but almost any phone camera should be able to handle that shot. Let's try this; which pic is the Priv and which is the Pixel 2XL? See pic here and next post.

S9 or BE KeyOne image? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191006_1312523.jpeg 
Views:	14 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	446553
    Attached Thumbnails Mobile phones are all about the camera: Winners and Losers.-mvimg_20181016_214209.jpg  
    10-24-19 06:19 PM
    See previous post. Priv or Pixel 2XL?
    Attached Thumbnails Mobile phones are all about the camera: Winners and Losers.-img_20181016_2143119.jpg  
    10-24-19 06:21 PM
86 ... 234