I am about to replace the bezel and ear/mouth plates on my Storm1. I would like to get an all-in-one "BlackBerry" tool kit similar to the one shown on FonLogix.us...it has 3 Torx wrenches and 2 pry tools (which im truly after):

FonLogix

or here

CNN

CNN.cn has a great rep but they are in China and i would have to buy 3 separate pieces and wait a while for it to arrive. FonLogix is in the US and has a cool all-in-one kit...but their rep on this board is all over the place.

Does anyone have any suggestions on either of these sites or another one I can get the needed tools at?
    01-10-10 10:38 AM
    I need a tool kit too. I am considering one I found on Amazon. You can see it here:

7pc Torx T6 T5 Small Screwdriver Tool Kit for Opening PDA iPod iPaq MP3 Palm Pocket PC Laptop Blackberry Battery Replacement

What I like about it is that it comes with 2 pry tools and they have pry bars at both ends, so in essence you get 4 pry bars. From what I hear these wear out quickly. They also look a little bit wider than some of the other kits I found, which my help them last longer.

Would like to get some input on quality if anyone has tried this kit.
    01-25-10 02:12 PM
    I need a tool kit too. I am considering one I found on Amazon. You can see it here:

7pc Torx T6 T5 Small Screwdriver Tool Kit for Opening PDA iPod iPaq MP3 Palm Pocket PC Laptop Blackberry Battery Replacement

From what I hear these wear out quickly. They also look a little bit wider than some of the other kits I found, which my help them last longer.

Would like to get some input on quality if anyone has tried this kit.
    Wearing out quickly is an understatement!!! I just bought these on ebay PryKit and all 3 of the ends broke off after trying to open the front plate off of my storm. They are cheap little toys and not "tools".

I might try the one you posted on anazon...at least you get the T screw drivers too. FonLogix is not too friendly/timely when you have questions
    Last edited by RedBank; 01-26-10 at 05:56 AM.
    01-26-10 05:51 AM
    I ordered the kit from Amazon/batteryfly.com so I will let everyone know what my impressions are of it. I will be working on my 8330 to see if I can improve my occasionally unresponsive keys/buttons. Most say it is due to moisture damage but the nearest I can tell was I had it in the bathroom when I took a shower but I don't take particularly hot showers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-10 11:32 AM
    This kit is decent. The screw drivers are very small though. The pry bars are very good, and you essentially get 4 of them. After shipping it was around $12. The fact that I was able to use it to save my phone was...cliche warning...priceless.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-10 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD