Hello Guys,

if i leave a message in bbm and the device is off, will the messages appear when the BB is turn on?

and how many days are the BBM messages are being stored if the device is off ?

Thanks in advance.
    06-27-13 11:35 PM
    Hello, welcome to CB!

Yep, once you turn the device back on... it will still be there (the way you left it...) Regarding the timeline for how long the messages will keep I believe is a factor of free memory remaining, RAM. There should be an option to save chat history (if you so desire)

Also, update your profile information, location, carrier, device etc. This will help users give more specific responses, depending on your problem/question! Cheers.
    06-27-13 11:49 PM
    Hello Guys,

if i leave a message in bbm and the device is off, will the messages appear when the BB is turn on?

and how many days are the BBM messages are being stored if the device is off ?

Thanks in advance.
    BBM messages remain after turning your device off. They last until you delete the msg, wipe your device, or clean install a different OS.
    06-27-13 11:53 PM
    Thank you for your reply.

I think I might asked a wrong question ... I will try to explain again..

The Case:
    I have send some messages to another BBM User while his mobile is off.

My question:
    if that user switched on his BB after 7 days for example , will he be able to receive those messages ?
    for how long the BB servers will keep sending these messages?
    06-28-13 03:21 AM
    Another Q

If I sent some messages to someone while he switching off his phone, then I removed that user .... will he be able to get my messages ?
    06-28-13 03:53 AM
    Are you talking about offline messages?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    06-28-13 04:07 AM
    Yes offline messages
    06-28-13 04:35 AM
    If I lost my mobile , and I switched to a new device with same Pin and everything ... would i be able to receive the old offline messages
    06-28-13 04:57 AM
    to the first Q. yes, when the person switches on his phone the messages will be there to see
    06-28-13 05:40 AM
    I don't have a definitive answer for you but I like your way of thinking OP! Very interesting questions!

Posted via Z10
    06-28-13 05:44 AM
    Are you asking, in other words, "Will I be able to use BBM via wifi?"
    06-28-13 02:15 PM
    Are you asking, in other words, "Will I be able to use BBM via wifi?"
    No JR A
    06-28-13 11:51 PM
    I think bbm works similar to text in that it will show up when you turn it on, I don't know how many days it can be held it's an interesting question.

I think with BIS it may just be like an account so that it is held and then pushed to the phone as normal;

the new ones Idk since there's no more BIS but you can use it by wifi so it may be like a hidden email inbox now.
    06-29-13 02:38 AM
    I think bbm works similar to text in that it will show up when you turn it on, I don't know how many days it can be held it's an interesting question.

I think with BIS it may just be like an account so that it is held and then pushed to the phone as normal;

the new ones Idk since there's no more BIS but you can use it by wifi so it may be like a hidden email inbox now.
    Thank you,, So you know who we can ask to know an answer for that interesting question ?
    How many days offline messages can be help?
    06-29-13 02:59 AM
    Thank you,, So you know who we can ask to know an answer for that interesting question ?
    How many days offline messages can be help?
    I'd probably ask RIM support directly on their website.

Are you a cop? lol.
    robinlolo likes this.
    06-29-13 03:17 AM
    Noooooooo

do you have the link for the RIM support ?
    06-29-13 03:23 AM