Does mobile internet banking more secure on Blackberry environment (BB10 or Legacy) compared too iOS or Android?

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 03:46 AM
    Does mobile internet banking more secure on Blackberry environment (BB10 or Legacy) compared too iOS or Android?

Posted via CB10
    Any device can be made unsafe and insecure through irresponsible practices. For example, doing banking on your device while on the Starbucks Wi-Fi. Don't laugh, people do it.

I've got banking apps on my SGIII, my iPhone, and my iPad. I use the browser on my Q10 since there are no banking apps for my banks in BBW.

I haven't had any problems in several years. I had two incidents of phishing while I had my Atrix but I narrowed that down to a couple of questionable decisions I made. Ultimately it's the user who introduces most of the problems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    bakron1 and theRock1975 like this.
    05-23-14 06:24 AM
    Whether you use an app or browser, the bank must provide you an expiration token or cookie to keep your session active.

The tokens do expire immediately when you logout and on their own if you forget.

If other apps are able to read the app data of the banking apps while they are active(looking at you Android <4.4) then perhaps there is a marginal risk on Android. I can't speak for Apple but judging from their track record, I bet they overlooked a couple of things..

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 07:24 AM
    Sorry friends, what I mean is using apps on bb. Is it more secure than apps on android or iOS? Or is it the same as it is up the bank establishing a secured banking transaction. Thx

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 08:33 AM
    Yes it is more secure than especially an android device ,i had major security breaches on Samsung S4, my banks Security Dept, informed me Not to realize my banking on the device, since then my Android just sits the collecting dust, I DONT use Android whatsoever for anything related to business, the infrastructure is riddled with malware amongst other vulnerabilities, I have not had the issue on my BlackBerry devices( legacy or BlackBerry 10) nor IOS though I don't do any banking on it (IOS) anymore just to be safe. Though many may say no. DON'T do it, it's never an issue till you become a victim.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 08:47 AM
    It depends on your bank, but for some banks the iOS apps are the most secure since we have options in native apps that we simply don't have in the browser.

In theory, it's possible to do the same with BB10 with a native app. So for the Canadian banks, it may be they have excellent security in their BB10 apps. I've never looked into it.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    Last edited by app_Developer; 05-23-14 at 11:51 AM.
    05-23-14 09:31 AM
    It depends on your bank, but for some banks the iOS apps are the most secure since we have options in native apps that we simply don't have in the browser.

In theory, it's possible to do the same with BB10 with a native app. So for the Canadian banks, may be they have excellent security in their BB10 apps. I've never looked into it.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    The iOS app for Bank of America is brilliant.
    05-23-14 09:35 AM