Here is the link to the Front Pager on CB:

http://crackberry.com/ios-and-androi...-mobile-fusion

but my question is, WILL IT WORK... Will it be able to do all the things it says? Will 'regular' people be able to use it?

What are the advantages?

I was pretty disappointed that the ad for it ONLY showed RIM devices... i thought this was FOR iOS and DROID, why are they only showing BB/PB? The RIM marketing team really needs to be reorganized or something.

Ad:
    04-03-12 03:36 PM
    I was pretty disappointed that the ad for it ONLY showed RIM devices... i thought this was FOR iOS and DROID, why are they only showing BB/PB? The RIM marketing team really needs to be reorganized or something.

Ad:
    RIM wants to manage those devices, not risk boosting their sales.
    04-03-12 03:40 PM
    I see an android and an iphone?
    04-03-12 03:42 PM
    It doesnt appear anything the average Joe can use at first glance. I briefly looked into this morning and it appears you have to be running a server already (BES, BESx etc). I need to look more into it tonight. I am not sure if it requires different servers for different devices (android, iOS, BB) either. The main problem i had this morning and gave up for now was it didnt want to install everything on Windows 8. I didnt try to do comparability mode and I am sure this will be rectified with time but still it was enough to put it off this morning and go do yard work in 80* weather lol
    04-03-12 03:47 PM
    Mobile fusion isn't for regular users.

Mobile fusion is the next BES, Mobile fusion will be something RIM will work into BIS, to regular joe is means nothing unless your company has/had a BES,
    Mobile fusion is a MDM, if you don't know what MDM is, you don't really need to be concerned with Mobile fusion.

to IT departmens, and Enterprise it means they no longer have to make the choice, BlackBerry or other, they can allow all devices to coexist in the same BYOD work environment, and they can issue PlayBook to BES enabled email accounts
    04-03-12 04:12 PM
    Yeah i figured it wouldnt be for everyday use. I was thinking something for smaller business that support BYOD and such. I am sure many bigger businesses and such will find it useful as well
    04-03-12 04:24 PM
    I see an android and an iphone?
    To be honest i just watched it very quickly so i could have missed that in the ad

It doesnt appear anything the average Joe can use at first glance. I briefly looked into this morning and it appears you have to be running a server already (BES, BESx etc). I need to look more into it tonight. I am not sure if it requires different servers for different devices (android, iOS, BB) either. The main problem i had this morning and gave up for now was it didnt want to install everything on Windows 8. I didnt try to do comparability mode and I am sure this will be rectified with time but still it was enough to put it off this morning and go do yard work in 80* weather lol
    Thats what i thought, but i hope the last part of that comment doesnt go with all the business types lol

Mobile fusion isn't for regular users.

Mobile fusion is the next BES, Mobile fusion will be something RIM will work into BIS, to regular joe is means nothing unless your company has/had a BES,
    Mobile fusion is a MDM, if you don't know what MDM is, you don't really need to be concerned with Mobile fusion.

to IT departmens, and Enterprise it means they no longer have to make the choice, BlackBerry or other, they can allow all devices to coexist in the same BYOD work environment, and they can issue PlayBook to BES enabled email accounts
    This is what i was going at, and reading my first post i realize i didnt really actually say that. But what i meant was ... will the 'average joe' that uses an iphone/android have problems adjusting to this.

I suggested in another thread that an iphone/android with the option of dual booting BB OS would be a very interesting thing. Is this bringing those devices towards BB OS or just allowing some of the functions to be used? Is it confusing/difficult to use?

i would use it myself and answer these, but i dont have access to it

*** Side Note: RIM stock down to $13??? After this release???
    04-03-12 04:26 PM
    Yeah i figured it wouldnt be for everyday use. I was thinking something for smaller business that support BYOD and such. I am sure many bigger businesses and such will find it useful as well
    Yea, this is what i was thinking. I work for a community center and this would be a great way to give all of our staff access to the members documents (ONLY when needed) and at the same time be secure and in similar format across all devices. We usually collect over 150 forms for each of the two weekly trips we go on in the summer, and then the managers are forced to carry these because there is no easy way to input them into an app that crosses the various platforms our staff use.

If we could input this data into MF we would then be able to send the information that each staff needs to that staff. If i have 12 youth under my care I would have access to their forms, emergency numbers, allergies, etc. It could really help, and that is only one example.
    04-03-12 04:29 PM
    Like deRusett pointed out this is much more advanced than many think it is. I am guessing RIM intends this to go hand in hand with BES and eventually replace it would be my guess. Just have to see how it catches on
    04-03-12 04:33 PM

This is what i was going at, and reading my first post i realize i didnt really actually say that. But what i meant was ... will the 'average joe' that uses an iphone/android have problems adjusting to this.

I suggested in another thread that an iphone/android with the option of dual booting BB OS would be a very interesting thing. Is this bringing those devices towards BB OS or just allowing some of the functions to be used? Is it confusing/difficult to use?

i would use it myself and answer these, but i dont have access to it

Any iPhone or Android user who already has a company controlled device via MDM solutions will not have issues, it is the company's that USED to allow BYOD devices to be free of company control that might get upset that theoretically Mobile fusion will be able to Block things like Facebook during company time, and would restrict how a user deals with company documents,

I know company's really have a hard time dealing with internal document controls because people get them to their mobile phones and then can remove them easily and forward them off with other email accounts Mobile Fusion should be able to patch leaks like that combined with BlackBerry Balance. It will be interesting to see how RIM's service revenue changes over this quarter as company's adopt RIM for their MDM service provider,

I am interested to see if RIM will make Mobile fusion available to BESX users maybe for a small fee? so that SMB's can have multidevice MDM solutions on the cheap.
    04-03-12 04:38 PM
    Like deRusett pointed out this is much more advanced than many think it is. I am guessing RIM intends this to go hand in hand with BES and eventually replace it would be my guess. Just have to see how it catches on
    Yea, im thinking that more every time he posts lol

So would this be something you are actually using deRussett?
    04-03-12 04:45 PM
    I think this is a great move by RIM. For right now, they need every avenue of cash flow possible.

Is RIM competing with anyone at the moment on this level of MDM (as in why an IT dept. wouldn't use Mobile Fusion)?
    04-03-12 05:01 PM
    Yea, im thinking that more every time he posts lol

So would this be something you are actually using deRussett?
    Nope

my primary employer is 100% BlackBerry, there is no advantage for them to bring mobile fusion in, and the fact they never brought in MVS which would have had it's advantages for us, makes me think any added functionality mobile fusion brings we wont see unless it comes to us for free.

and my secondary employer does not issue phones, we are able to use our personal devices and there is no company control, the company is not big enough, and the split seems to be down the middle between iOS and BlackBerry users MDM solutions just wouldn't make sense.
    04-03-12 05:10 PM
    I think this is a great move by RIM. For right now, they need every avenue of cash flow possible.

Is RIM competing with anyone at the moment on this level of MDM (as in why an IT dept. wouldn't use Mobile Fusion)?

I believe Good Technology Good Technology is the leading Alternative to BES/MF as an MDM provider, I know there are a few others, but I don't really pay attention to them,

IT admins and CIO's that still have BES solutions in house really have no reason to not adopt mobile fusion and those company's like Ford who use 2 solutions for Management of devices can move everything under BES/MF
    FlashFlare11 and Superfly_FR like this.
    04-03-12 05:22 PM

RIM's stock is down to $13, because some ppl make unsubstantiated claims that RIM will be out of business in a year on a radio show and the public believes it. if you dont have proof, dont make absolute statements.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    FlashFlare11 likes this.
    04-03-12 05:23 PM

You didn't define "level of MDM" however these are some of the players:
    Boxtone
    Airwatch
    MobileIron

Good For Enterprise has teamed up with Boxtone. I have not found a clear answer as to what that will mean.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 04-03-12 at 05:27 PM.
    FlashFlare11 likes this.
    04-03-12 05:24 PM
    RIM's stock is down to $13, because some ppl make unsubstantiated claims that RIM will be out of business in a year on a radio show and the public believes it. if you dont have proof, dont make absolute statements.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    I cannot believe RIM's stock is more susceptible to fluctuations based on unsubstantiated rumors than anything it actually does. Investors are a rather fickle bunch, it seems.
    04-03-12 05:26 PM
    I cannot believe RIM's stock is more susceptible to fluctuations based on unsubstantiated rumors than anything it actually does. Investors are a rather fickle bunch, it seems.
    It isn't just RIM stock

Look at Apple, Analysts said this week "Apple, the maker of the iPhone is poised to be the first Trillion dollar company, with shares expected to reach $1000 in 12 months" and suddenly Apple shares go up, The media attention being positive grows share value, just as media attention being negative reduces share value
    FlashFlare11 likes this.
    04-03-12 05:29 PM
    It isn't just RIM stock

Look at Apple, Analysts said this week "Apple, the maker of the iPhone is poised to be the first Trillion dollar company, with shares expected to reach $1000 in 12 months" and suddenly Apple shares go up, The media attention being positive grows share value, just as media attention being negative reduces share value
    Exactly. Regardless of what you produce, your MEDIA IMAGE is what is important
    04-03-12 06:51 PM
    Like others have said, mobile fusion runs with BES 5.0.3 and allows you to manage blackberry, PlayBooks, ios, and android. If you are all blackberry and nothing else i dont see the advantage but if at some point you think of bringing in ios and android you could. This is for companies not individuals (bes admins). This is a great step but I see it as a little to late. Our company is investing in mobile iron temporary and then GOOD as a long term solution I believe. If rim had mobile fusion out earlier it would have been really good.
    purijagmohan likes this.
    04-03-12 07:05 PM
    Like others have said, mobile fusion runs with BES 5.0.3 and allows you to manage blackberry, PlayBooks, ios, and android. If you are all blackberry and nothing else i dont see the advantage but if at some point you think of bringing in ios and android you could. This is for companies not individuals (bes admins). This is a great step but I see it as a little to late. Our company is investing in mobile iron temporary and then GOOD as a long term solution I believe. If rim had mobile fusion out earlier it would have been really good.

IS your company going to even look at Mobile fusion? or are they just going to ignore it?

From the little bit of listening I am hearing people who's company are using GOOD technologies are excited to move to BES/MF for cost savings and increased controls.
    04-03-12 07:16 PM
    Here is the link to the Front Pager on CB:

http://crackberry.com/ios-and-androi...-mobile-fusion

but my question is, WILL IT WORK... Will it be able to do all the things it says? Will 'regular' people be able to use it?

What are the advantages?

Ad:
    If RIM have thought this through, and Fusion is a winner, they will have pre sold some LARGE marquee accounts. I'm not sure why they were not announced at launchm they should have been. But certainly inside of thirty days we should see that X with 8,000 devices, Y with 6,000 and Z with 5,000 devices are enjoying Mobile Fusion.

It could be that they want to be able to say that they have been running it for thirty/sixty days or whatever, but the announcements must come or folks will conclude they will be the test cases.
    04-03-12 08:05 PM

I am interested to see if RIM will make Mobile fusion available to BESX users maybe for a small fee? so that SMB's can have multidevice MDM solutions on the cheap.
    It is already posted on their website BESX will work with Mobile Fusion

To manage BlackBerry smartphones with BlackBerry Mobile Fusion, BlackBerry Enterprise Sever v5.0.3 or BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express v5.0.3 is required
    Also BESX or BES with balance BB owners are going to be way happier than IOS or Android owners in a BYOD company
    Last edited by Foreverup; 04-03-12 at 08:27 PM.
    04-03-12 08:24 PM
    It is already posted on their website BESX will work with Mobile Fusion

BUT at what pricepoint, I should really look it up myself just to be in the know,

Will it be a free BESX addition or is it a purchase product
    04-03-12 08:26 PM
    BUT at what pricepoint, I should really look it up myself just to be in the know,

Will it be a free BESX addition or is it a purchase product
    save you the trouble. RIM stated Fusion will be free for 60 days then will release a price point after the 60 days. Guess they're hoping companies fall in love then will pay for it. so no clue yet if it will be one time fee or a per device charge.

found this at bloomberg Introducing BlackBerry Mobile Fusion-RIM Launches Next - Bloomberg

BlackBerry Mobile Fusion software is available as a free download and is priced by the number of devices being managed. Client access licenses (CALs) start at $99 per user or $4 per user per month (billed annually); volume discounts are also available.
    Last edited by Foreverup; 04-03-12 at 08:42 PM.
    04-03-12 08:30 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD