So with everyone always talking about how RIM releases their products late, there isn't much talk about them releasing a product early.

Last year when RIM announced Mobile Fusion, it was expected to be released late March. Even 3 months ago, people were still talking about it coming out late March. Now it seems, it's coming out tomorow at the same time os PB OS2.0...That would put it a month EARLY.

Why hasn't anyone else picked up on that?

It's a nice change
    02-20-12 04:58 AM
    Yes looks like they are ahead of schedule even for BB10 phones.So keeping fingers crossed for Early August release for BB10 phones,
    02-20-12 05:51 AM
    Why hasn't anyone else picked up on that?
    It's a nice change
    Somehow we did ...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...ilable-699671/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...romise-699047/
    But you've added the "earlier" point, nice catch !
    02-20-12 06:15 AM
    I thought I recently read that it will be launching with BlackBerry support only and that iPhone/Android support will come soon after. Maybe the March date was in reference to support for other OSs?
    02-20-12 06:45 AM
  5. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    they (RIM) are finally understanding .. post dates and deliver before the anticipated dates .. makes you look GOOD!!!!
    02-20-12 07:05 AM
    this is big news and really good news
    02-20-12 07:08 AM
    I'm trying to get our BES upgraded to 5 at work so we can get a Beta version. The Beta version has been available for a few weeks now.
    02-20-12 07:17 AM
    Any mention of pricing for Mobile Fusion? I have seen nothing to date. If they are releasing the product tomorrow, I would have expected pricing to be released before then.
    02-20-12 08:00 AM
    Any mention of pricing for Mobile Fusion? I have seen nothing to date. If they are releasing the product tomorrow, I would have expected pricing to be released before then.
    We might see an "Express" edition like BES one ...
    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express - BESX - BlackBerry US
    Hopefully it'll be free for small companies ...
    02-20-12 08:22 AM
    This will be made available at no additional charge for your existing BlackBerry users under the current CALs licensing model
    OniBerry and Superfly_FR like this.
    02-20-12 08:36 AM
    Impressive!

#10charcoaled
    02-20-12 10:17 AM
    Yes looks like they are ahead of schedule even for BB10 phones.So keeping fingers crossed for Early August release for BB10 phones,
    Yea I've heard that too.....which leads creadance to their claim that the delay is not software but hardware. Just think of all the tweeking & extra features they will be able to fit in to the OS while they are waiting. I read somewhere that they expect to have the software ready by May......course who really knows if this is true. (besides RIM)
    02-20-12 12:48 PM
    Somehow we did ...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...ilable-699671/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...romise-699047/
    But you've added the "earlier" point, nice catch !
    Thanks.

I had imediately noticed that it was a month early, but it wasn't until last night that I realized that no one had written or even blogged about that fact. All people want to write about is bad news, when good BB news happens people ignore it
    02-20-12 12:52 PM
    From what I've read today from the available documentation that's now out, it looks like Mobile Fusion is more of a front-end, which interfaces with different MDM domains: BES, BES Express, and BlackBerry Device Service (for PlayBook). I assume that BlackBerry Device Service will be extended for Android and iOS device support too in March (or maybe it'll be a different MDM domain altogether).

I really hope to find out about pricing soon. I'm going to a BB Innovation Forum next week, so hopefully they release those details then. I hope it is free or low cost, since we need very minimal MDM capabilities, since BESX does more than enough for our BBs, and we have nothing for all the Android and iPhones we have now - which are all company supplied too .
    02-20-12 12:53 PM
    I pity the Research In Motion technical support staff having to field support calls on all these new products and services. BlackBerry Mobile Fusion seems to be RIM's way of maintaining a corporate presence in a changing landscape of handheld devices. I look forward to putting BlackBerry Mobile Fusion through its paces to see if it delivers especially on the tablet side of management.
    02-20-12 01:02 PM
    So with everyone always talking about how RIM releases their products late, there isn't much talk about them releasing a product early.
    I'd attribute it to apprehensive anticipation. In the past, RIM wasn't just releasing late. The releases also fell short of expectations. Numerous blogs and media sources have touted upcoming RIM launches in the past, only to see their predictions dashed. So it's somewhat rational that attention to this release will be reserved until after release and hands-on use can properly report on it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    02-20-12 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD