With the USB Host + Miracast functionality of the Z30 and future devices, is BBRY going to be coming out with mobile computing accessories that make it easier to actually take advantage of these features? All of the friends that I have shown the video below to have been blown away. BBRY should come out with in-house or partner made accessories that make this functionality easier to take advantage of, while reducing the amount of clutter that is created with all of the wires/connections/adapters.

Also, why is this functionality such a big secret? Is it because it is not completely ready? My hope is that there is more to it and will get publicity when it is fully ready. This is what you create commercials around. THIS is your *HOLY SH*T* feature! No other OS on the market (At least that I am aware of) has this ability.

http://ww​w.youtube​.com/watc​h?v=b_by4​4N9o50

Eyhab
    11-19-13 04:19 AM
    Sorry mate, but the link seems to be dead.
    11-19-13 05:59 AM
    No other OS on the market (At least that I am aware of) has this ability.

http://ww​w.youtube​.com/watc​h?v=b_by4​4N9o50
    The link to your YouTube video says "not found".

FYI Android has had both Miracast and USB host support for a long time now.
    11-19-13 05:59 AM
    With the USB Host + Miracast functionality of the Z30 and future devices, is BBRY going to be coming out with mobile computing accessories that make it easier to actually take advantage of these features?
    The track record of BlackBerry capitalising on the technology in its products, much less any feature consistency across devices, points to an unequivocal N-O. The BlackBerry PlayBook is an exemplar if you need a recent history lesson. It took the company more than one year to release the BlackBerry Leather Case and Bluetooth Mini-Keyboard despite announcing it shortly after the tablet launch. In the transition from BlackBerry OS 5/6/7 to BlackBerry OS 10 on the smartphones the functionality of BlackBerry Bridge was crippled to the point of near uselessness. I say near uselessness because only devoted, early adopters of the BlackBerry PlayBook seemed prepared to wait-out the successive delays to restore functionality to BlackBerry Bridge when connected to BlackBerry 10 smartphones. The insistence upon USB port to recharge the battery rather than a magnetic charge port and/or battery charge contacts for a cradle, the non-available microHDMI port for the BlackBerry Q5, broken promises about standardized screen resolutions for all BlackBerry 10 smartphones, and the list goes on. The launch of BlackBerry 10 in February 2013 should have heralded the era of "mobile computing" lauded by former BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins which to a rational mind includes smartphones and tablets. Remember the infamous "tablets will be dead in five years" declaration by Heins?

To be honest, the recently appointed chief executive officer has remained silent too long. If I was BlackBerry CEO (execuitve) heads would be rolling and butts would be kicked out the door. BlackBerry needs three models of smartphone and one model of tablet, a rejuvenated services portfolio, and a marketing team whom lives and breathes BlackBerry. The existing support model would be tossed into the dustbin while a contracted services consulting group is stood-up; support contracts would be on a retainer basis plus per-incident fees associated with each request. No more desktop software and no more licking Goggles genitalia ala BlackBerry Android Subsystem. If anyone opposed my vision, termination would be swift and without hesitation. The Board of Directors would have its authority severely curtailed until it was replaced. Screw with me and the consequences would make the mafia seem like choir boys. I would recruit three of the Dragons to be board members (Robert, Kevin, and Arlene) plus two other people to represent to the end-users (one for enterprise and one for consumers).
    11-24-13 01:46 PM