I am not sure if i am posting this in the correct place, and I did try searching the site before posting. I didn't find anything but perhaps I didn't have the correct lingo when i searched???

Sorry if this is a repeat question or anything.

I have a BlackBerry Curve for Nextel and it uses MMS instead of SMS...

I notice that a lot of other peoples phones have the texts kinda displayed like a thread, so you can see what you previously were talking about in that conversation.
    (like a thread or an instant message conversation... i guess it would be like)

instead of forgetting what you were talking about and having to go back and open other texts to TRY to find what you were looking for...

...... AAANNNNDDDD can you link a favorite website on your Blackberry Desktop or in a folder on your blackberry desktop for easier access???

instead of having to go to the browser and such or bookmarks?
    any ideas?

please let me know
    [email protected]

I am new at this blackberry thing... only had it for a few months...
    09-29-09 03:30 AM
    sooooo you have no option to send a plain old SMS text message? scroll to someones name in your contact list, hit the menu button. you should have options like Call contact, SMS Contact, MMS contact. my SMS's show the previous texting history if i scroll down in the reply message screen. MMS is just for sending pics or other media.

you can download or make a "launcher" icon and have it on your homescreen. but all that will do is then open your browser anyways and take you to that site. might as well just bookmark it. using a launcher isnt exactly going to be much faster.
    09-29-09 03:37 AM
    nope... mine does not have the sms option... just MMS...
    I looked everywhere and checked my settings...
    I found it strange as well.

For the month that I had the Tour and Sprint I had SMS... but I had to go BACK to nextel because switching to sprint didn't work, Nextel was better in my area... so i downgraded to the curve
    and it does not have SMS in there.
    Not sure if SMS is not in the Nextel Blackberry package or what.... but I have been using the MMS for texting and occasionally i send a picture

I just want to see what the heck i said previously because i have the memory of a goldfish and have no idea what the person said as soon as i hit the reply, lol.
    opening previous MMSs' is a pain in the ****

ahhh, launcher? um crap... yeah, nevermind I guess
    :\

but thanks for the help
    09-29-09 04:29 AM
    i think its a nextel/iden only thing where it packages mms/sms under the same kinda message. you might wanna check in the Curve 8350i forum for help from other nextel 8350i users.
    09-29-09 05:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD