Hi,i bought a 9900 on ebay uk,i have searched the internet for answers to why the phone says this and found quite a lot of different replies,if this is blocked on uk networks,could i still use on other country networks thanks in advance if unlocked.
    03-11-12 03:24 PM
    I have read on the internet that phone not allowed mm6 means the carrier has blocked the phone,but is it possible to give as a gift outside uk and use on another carrier if the phone is unlocked which i think it is,if it is not unlocked can i still unlock the phone,and thanks for the reply.
    03-11-12 03:35 PM
    03-11-12 04:16 PM
    so this is not like another phone that is blocked,which you can use abroad?
    03-11-12 04:24 PM
    Also if i was to phone the carrier what is the likelihood of them turning the lock off if i can prove i bought it legit.
    03-11-12 05:03 PM
    If if you "bought it legit", it might have been previously blocked for being reported stolen or the user not paying their bill or a similar situation.

You should get your money back and return the device to the seller.
    03-11-12 05:10 PM
    Thanks for your reply SwitchBeach,bb are the only handsets i have heard of that when blocked you can not use abroad,why is this?on the listing it did say can not make calls or texts,but was a present for somebody outside uk so thought would be ok like other handsets.
    03-11-12 05:17 PM
    Well, in that case you likely will not be able to get your money back because the seller disclosed the status of the device.

The device obviously has a checkered/illegitimate past.

You made an incorrect assumption that you would be able to use it.

Chalk it up to experience.
    03-11-12 05:38 PM
    So has anybody been able to get round this,and why bb handsets you can not use abroad
    03-11-12 05:44 PM
    So has anybody been able to get round this,and why bb handsets you can not use abroad
    What most likely has happened was that the IMEI was reported as stolen, then the insurance was paid out, permanently blacklisting the phone's IMEI code in that country. This is not a Blackberry-specific scenario.
    03-12-12 12:20 AM
    so i will be able to use in Thialand
    03-12-12 01:05 AM
    To my knowledge, as long as the BB has not been reported for whatever reason and is unlocked, you may use it abroad with that country's telco sim card.
    03-12-12 02:50 AM
    I really think the person who posted the above reply does not know what she's talking
    about. A phone with the mm6 message is blocked.

Whoever sold it to you scammed you. Sorry.

Don't get your hopes up about being able to use it anywhere. I have been a member
    on CrackBerry for years, and to my knowledge, I have never seen a fix for the mm6
    block.
    03-12-12 12:57 PM
    Exactly right, TequilaAddict.
    03-12-12 05:23 PM
    It is blocked because it has been reported as stolen. You may be able to use in countries that don't exchange information on stolen phones. For example US and India still don't see eye to eye at UN telecom regulations. So, you will be able to use a stolen US phone in India.
    -------
    Sent from BlackBerry Bold 9900 using webkit
    web
    03-12-12 09:51 PM
    I really think the person who posted the above reply does not know what she's talking
    about. A phone with the mm6 message is blocked.

Whoever sold it to you scammed you. Sorry.

Don't get your hopes up about being able to use it anywhere. I have been a member
    on CrackBerry for years, and to my knowledge, I have never seen a fix for the mm6
    block.
    Apologies for my lack of knowledge on mm6.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    03-13-12 02:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD