This article implies that investigators got BBM messages to build their case in the latest MLB scandal. I am just curious how one would go about doing that since BBM goes through BB servers (if I am not mistaken)? Is all that text stored somewhere?

And I will prepare for the countless NSA jokes . . .

MLB built Biogenesis case with Facebook, texts, report says - ESPN
    08-07-13 12:58 PM
    BBM messages sent over BIS aren't all that safe.
    08-07-13 01:08 PM
    Associated Press showed subpoenas were issued to Federal Express, AT&T Mobility, T-Mobile USA, UPS and MetroPCS.
    The only place it mentions BBM is the opening line, and no where else. There wasnt even a subpoena issued to BlackBerry (Who I would think would be the company to ask for those)
    08-07-13 01:09 PM
    The only place it mentions BBM is the opening line, and no where else. There wasnt even a subpoena issued to BlackBerry (Who I would think would be the company to ask for those)
    Nope I think the subpoena to the carriers was probably enough, and then the carriers got BBRY on board.
    08-07-13 01:38 PM
    Actually it was mentioned twice. Once in the first paragraph and once in the penultimate paragraph

When baseball officials met with the union, evidence included the BlackBerry instant message transcripts and records of text messages. Lawyers for players believed some emails also had been recovered.
    08-07-13 02:25 PM
    if the person on the receiving end of the bbms had "save chat history" it would be pretty easy to get the transcripts with no request to bbry
    08-07-13 02:30 PM
    When documents with evidence in the Aaron Hernandez case were unsealed, I was following it
    as I've read up on a lot about the case. I noticed the parts about text messages that Hernandez
    was sending to the victim, Lloyd. They described Hernandez's phone as an iPhone and Lloyd's
    phone being an HTC One. I'm assuming that Hernandez probably deleted his text thread with
    Lloyd. I wonder if Lloyd had an iPhone and they were texting through iMessage, how police
    would have been able to uncover those messages once deleted, seeing as iMessage mess-
    asges are encrypted, during the investigation?
    08-07-13 02:33 PM
    You seem ta have missed this part OP:

By June, Bosch agreed to cooperate with the investigation. The person said MLB hired a data recovery company to obtain records from his mobile telephone.
    08-07-13 02:40 PM
    Nothing is private now in cyber networks.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 02:50 PM
    You seem ta have missed this part OP:

By June, Bosch agreed to cooperate with the investigation. The person said MLB hired a data recovery company to obtain records from his mobile telephone.
    There may have been other cooperating witness, or what the FBI called confidential informants. They probably arrested some lesser guys and made deals so they could go after the big guys.
    08-07-13 03:00 PM
    The article said:

If Bosch gave up his BlackBerry to the investigators, that makes it easy to get all BBM messages. They probably took his computers as well via supoena.
    08-07-13 03:10 PM
    Guess I'm not gonna keep Braun in my Keeper league. LOL
    08-07-13 03:18 PM
    I knew I saw a BlackBerry in his hand..
    MLB scandal and BBM?-img_00008599_edit.png

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    08-07-13 10:23 PM