It frustrates me when my old dumbphone does something my beloved Berry cannot do, so I'm hoping maybe someone here knows something I do not. I searched all over the forums...

I'm a HUGE Chicago Cubs fan living in Alabama, so WGN Radio, obviously, isn't available to me here. Last year, I was able to download MLB Gameday Audio on my LG enV, and listen to EVERY MLB game that had a radio broadcast on any given night. The app was $7 a month, and this was WELL worth it to be able to listen to my Cubbies play while I was at work.

Is there an app similar to this for the Blackberry? I know XM or Sirius (I forget which one) has rights to MLB, but I don't want to have to get a satellite radio subscription for five months of baseball. The MLB Gameday Audio was PERFECT, but I can't find an app compatible with BlackBerry.
    02-24-09 04:11 PM
    Go Cubs Go!

I would be interested in this as well. The only reason I have XM is to listen to Cubs games.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 04:24 PM
    I would like to know about his too! Im no Cubs fan.... Im all Tigers! ( even though there not doing so well haha)
    02-24-09 04:40 PM
    I downloaded moodio to listen to the KC Chiefs and KC Royals on their local radio stations and I live in Iowa. Sign up for an account, download the software to our BB, search for Chicago Cubs radio, and add the station. Open up the software on your phone, choose the station, and you're good to go!
    02-24-09 05:25 PM
    I was just talking to my girlfriend about this literally two days ago. I would love to be able to listen to Gameday Audio on my BB. It looks like right now the only "apps" for BB from MLB are the shortcut launcher things. Pretty crappy.

Does that moodio thing work for baseball games? I know you can stream WGN 720 online but it is disabled during Cubs games..
    02-24-09 10:28 PM
    And that's what I've been running into -- I can't find anything that will stream 720 onto my phone that doesn't have it blacked out during the games. I'd GLADLY pay $10 a month to have my Gameday Audio program back on my phone...

Thanks for the suggestion on moodio though, southpaw! It definitely won't hurt anything to give it another shot.
    02-25-09 09:13 AM
    02-25-09 09:23 AM
    Ahh, man. I didn't think to check the mlb.com message boards. That's really disheartening, and doesn't sound like something that will be taken care of this season, at least.
    02-25-09 09:36 AM
    This is unbelievable. I have the best phone on the market (debatable) and I can't listen to a baseball game. Someone should be fired for the amount of revenue they are missing out on. idiots.
    02-25-09 11:31 AM
    Agreed. They def need some apps for BlackBerry. I would be happy to pay a decent amount of money if they had a good app.
    02-25-09 03:02 PM
    The forum won't let me post links since I'm a new user (until I have 10 posts) but if you go to NYTimes.com and search for
    "MLB.TV Adds Enhanced Video and User-Selected Replays" you'll see an article that says that IPhone and Blackberry will have access to "MLB At Bat" (which includes audio) in April. I've not seen anything on the MLB site yet and I check every day.
    02-26-09 06:12 PM
    Good info boonedawg. Hopefully this will become a reality. Please post here if you find out any more info!
    02-26-09 08:36 PM
    The forum won't let me post links since I'm a new user (until I have 10 posts) but if you go to NYTimes.com and search for
    "MLB.TV Adds Enhanced Video and User-Selected Replays" you'll see an article that says that IPhone and Blackberry will have access to "MLB At Bat" (which includes audio) in April. I've not seen anything on the MLB site yet and I check every day.
    I went and read the article with giddy joy. That would be AMAZING if it actually comes to fruition -- for less than $10, according to the article. Almost sounds too good to be true...either way, I potential launch in April makes me very, very excited. Thanks boonedawg!
    02-27-09 09:15 AM
    Following my Cubbies would be great!!
    02-27-09 10:07 AM
    Thins indeed would be sweet. Be easier to listen to the Sawx at work.
    02-27-09 10:16 AM
    Now we just wait for April and hope that it comes true! Thanks for the info boonedawg!!!
    02-27-09 10:44 AM
    Looks like streaming audio is coming in 2009:

www .nytimes.com /2009/02/09/ technology/internet/09mlb .html

Sorry about the spaces, I only have 1 post.
    02-27-09 01:25 PM
    02-27-09 03:16 PM
    Hey all moodio.fm does work to stream cubs games. I used it all last season and over the winter for the bears games. It does shut down though without explaination and often tells me unsupported media type. But if you fight it enough it will work!
    03-08-09 10:18 PM
    Did you just find the WGN feed on moodio.fm? That's great news...thanks a lot!

03-08-09 10:27 PM
    Good info about cubs games on wgn, but I'm assuming you're referring to WBBM 780 for the bears games, right?

03-09-09 03:48 AM
    Yea had to search for it but wgn is there
    03-09-09 12:55 PM
    We need to find 1210 WPHT, so we can follow the World Champs!
    03-09-09 01:38 PM
    We need to find 1210 WPHT, so we can follow the World Champs!
    darn right!!! i'm a subscriber of MLB.tv so i can watch the phils when i'm home (i moved to virginia), or even on the road if i have my laptop and internet access. i'm also an xm subscriber, so i can listen to games in my car. but since the MLB site is blocked at work and i can't get xm reception either, i needed something to fill in the gap for those occasional weekday afternoon games.

SO... i subscribed to mobile gameday audio on the MLB website. this also works for when i'm traveling, but can't manage to bring my laptop. it does pretty well and it was only $11.99 for the entire season, and that includes all games, all teams, both home and away broadcasts. just go to the mobile mlb site on your blackberry and you'll see a link for "gameday audio." the only problem is that you can't use any other apps while the audio feed is streaming. that part i hate, as i like to send text messages to friends and talk about the game as it's in progress.

so pkcable, you can listen to scott franzke, larry anderson, the sarge, and wheels wherever and whenever. R.I.P. Harry the K.
    04-29-09 11:46 AM
    Looks like you can now listed to the audio on your blackberry...

URL:
    mlb_dot_mlb_dot_com/mobile/premium.jsp?c_id=mlb

Of course it's not free, but that's not what you were asking for.
    07-22-09 02:40 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD