Had noticed this before the holidays but thought to post it. If anyone else follows MKBHD you know this guy never mentions BlackBerry. In this video of 2014 Smartphone awards he give props to BB and Passport for most improved. Not bad.

Check in around 8:55.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 09:54 PM
    Now only if Flossy Carter will review a BlackBerry lol.

Posted via CB10
    Old Ag and Xenolock like this.
    01-11-15 12:47 AM
    I'm an avid viewer of his videos and I picked it out before he mentioned it and it got me super excited! Hopefully he reviews it sometime because it would get it seen by a ton of people

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 01:28 AM
    The fact that he didn't acknowledge the other blackberry 10 smart phones, Turn me off from this video. It's all about apple, androids and windows like blackberry don't exist.

Posted via CB10
    Alvin Loh likes this.
    01-11-15 02:15 AM
    MKBHD is really good. I like his reviews and use them to keep in touch with new phones, even though there isn't much in them about BlackBerry. He has a mature outlook that is sorely lacking in most of the Android and iPhone users on this forum.

Q10/10.3.1.821
    01-11-15 03:08 AM
    The fact that he didn't acknowledge the other blackberry 10 smart phones, Turn me off from this video. It's all about apple, androids and windows like blackberry don't exist.
    He's only covering phones that came out in 2014 and BlackBerry only had three: Z3, Passport and barely Classic. The Passport is the highest spec of the three.
    01-11-15 03:21 AM
    I'm an avid viewer of his videos and I picked it out before he mentioned it and it got me super excited! Hopefully he reviews it sometime because it would get it seen by a ton of people

Posted via CB10
    I would absolutely love if he reviewed it. If anything the fact that he mentions it shows that BlackBerry is getting the respect it deserves for thinking outside the box.

Posted via CB10
    Monsterlad likes this.
    01-11-15 07:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    Let's be fair here. Windows phones don't get much love either. This guy loves the HTC one M8 so he gives it some love when it came out running Windows OS. I think Samsung has a Windows phone too right? If flagships were running BB10 they would probably get some attention too.

I would say this guy gives a pretty accurate opinion of the marketplace today. There's no way he would ever cover all bb10 releases.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 07:52 AM
    Let's be fair here. Windows phones don't get much love either. This guy loves the HTC one M8 so he gives it some love when it came out running Windows OS. I think Samsung has a Windows phone too right? If flagships were running BB10 they would probably get some attention too.

I would say this guy gives a pretty accurate opinion of the marketplace today. There's no way he would ever cover all bb10 releases.

Posted via CB10
    Probably the best reviewer around atm.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    01-11-15 07:48 PM
    His reviews are all bias

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 08:00 PM
    He is a android guy...all day everyday. For him to mention a BlackBerry is something nice since Android is all he reviews. Not everybody is gonna be a BlackBerry fan. Respect is earned and not given. People have no choice but to respect the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    clickitykeys likes this.
    01-11-15 08:52 PM
    Hey....at least he acknowledged it's improving.

I think the are still plenty of areas where IOS and androids have advantages but slowly people will realize that owning a BlackBerry isn't nearly as terrible as people would have u believe

Posted via CB10
    Tabdus likes this.
    01-11-15 08:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    Bwahahaha. That review would be hilarious.

Posted via CB10
    Tabdus likes this.
    01-11-15 09:38 PM
    His review is skewed because he isn't a "productivity" user. Pictures and videos....yadda yadda.
    01-12-15 10:03 PM
    His review is skewed because he isn't a "productivity" user. Pictures and videos....yadda yadda.
    So in order to truly appreciate and review a BlackBerry you have to be a productivity user?

Posted via CB10
    Tabdus likes this.
    01-12-15 10:25 PM
    This guy might be a good reviewer but filming this in front of his bed makes him look like an amateur. Especially when his room is filled with bright colors and patterns, I thought it was a kids bedroom. The quality of his video and editing skill is excellent though.
    01-13-15 04:09 AM
    So in order to truly appreciate and review a BlackBerry you have to be a productivity user?

Posted via CB10
    Yes that's correct. What else do you want from a BlackBerry device? Everyone knows that BB10 devices are never the greatest "camera or video wise", therefore his comparisons were lopsided. He should also compare the phones for other things that these phones can get done. I USE MY PHONE "PRIMARILY" TO GET WORK DONE, hope you are not surprised to hear that?
    clickitykeys likes this.
    01-13-15 08:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    Except that Mr. Carter is shackled to Sprint (which doesn't carry bb's except for super overpriced Q10's) and every gimmicky geo-tagging app out there. I like his reviews, but he used to be all business... now he's lost to the social media hive-mind.

From a Z30
    01-13-15 02:30 PM
    Except that Mr. Carter is shackled to Sprint (which doesn't carry bb's except for super overpriced Q10's) and every gimmicky geo-tagging app out there. I like his reviews, but he used to be all business... now he's lost to the social media hive-mind.

From a Z30
    "Shackled" seems like a really strong word for a man who seems to buy what he wants when he wants. I agree he's definitely big into the social media aspect that devices offer.

I think he has service from both Sprint and Verizon. At least I thought he did.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 02:38 PM
    He has mentioned blackberry back when it came out, and 2 more times after that. He has remained somewhat neutral on the topic. He's an Android guy, one way or another and like everyone on Android, they think they're the best.
    Tabdus and wincyUt like this.
    01-13-15 03:16 PM
    He has Verizon and Sprint. Btw I don't use my Z30 to get any work done nor am I so called "productive "....so to each their own, I guess lol.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 03:42 PM
    Yes that's correct. What else do you want from a BlackBerry device? Everyone knows that BB10 devices are never the greatest "camera or video wise", therefore his comparisons were lopsided. He should also compare the phones for other things that these phones can get done. I USE MY PHONE "PRIMARILY" TO GET WORK DONE, hope you are not surprised to hear that?
    He reviews the phones from the point of view of a general consumer. Which is enough to cover most points.

Tabdus likes this.
    01-13-15 03:53 PM
    That's rare for him to even say anything about BlackBerry. He's even joked about BlackBerry going out of business. So for him to acknowledge it now means he's actually liking how BlackBerry is going about. Good job BlackBerry
    01-13-15 03:53 PM
    That's rare for him to even say anything about BlackBerry. He's even joked about BlackBerry going out of business. So for him to acknowledge it now means he's actually liking how BlackBerry is going about. Good job BlackBerry
    I agree. His mention was a positive for blackberry

01-13-15 04:00 PM
    He reviews the phones from the point of view of a general consumer. Which is enough to cover most points.

What's your definition of a "general consumer"? Am I not a general consumer? Coincidentally right now, my 5 yr old son is watching "Paw Patrol" on my Passport, which ironically he prefers over our iPads and iPods in our house. Tell me, is he not a general consumer?
    Again, even the reviewer acknowledged that his review was his personal opinion and therefore, implicitly, subjective. Based on IMHO he did not cover "most points" that applies to me and most people I know and associate with.
    01-13-15 04:18 PM
27 12