I keep getting calls from friends...who's numbers I've already input into the address book (and who I have successfully called from the berry) show up in my call log as missed calls from "Unknown number."

It's not just one person...it seems that every time I miss a call this is what happens...not very helpful since I can't even see the number.

I'm so irritated right now.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I checked the phone settings and the call logging settings, and couldn't find anything.

Could this have something to do with the fact that I entered all the numbers in my phone book as 1 + area code?

I have no idea...I'm really just grasping at straws here.
    09-19-08 10:50 PM
    I saw somewhere (I'm really sorry..I'm bad at this searching the forums first thing) that this happens when the phone is set to "Do Not Disturb." Turns out my phone was set to DND, stupid me. I've changed that setting, but haven't received any calls yet. We'll see what happens when I do.

Sorry to bother you all with my silly *already answered* questions.
    09-19-08 10:58 PM
    Well, I'm sure many people who didnt know that and read your thread will have learnt something new. Welcome to CB!
    09-19-08 11:00 PM
    Well, I'm sure many people who didnt know that and read your thread will have learnt something new. Welcome to CB!
    I know I did, so your question was not silly at all

Welcome to CrackBerry
    09-19-08 11:15 PM
    I also learned something new. Thank you.
    09-19-08 11:43 PM
    My carrier offers an nickle and dime add on package that includes caller ID. If that service is not active, your phone has no way to identify the caller.
    09-20-08 11:22 AM
    I saw somewhere (I'm really sorry..I'm bad at this searching the forums first thing) that this happens when the phone is set to "Do Not Disturb." Turns out my phone was set to DND, stupid me. I've changed that setting, but haven't received any calls yet. We'll see what happens when I do.

Sorry to bother you all with my silly *already answered* questions.
    just want to confirm that this IS true! you are correct. when you have your phone set to DO NOT DISTURB not only does the number appear in your call log as unknown number but you will not see the call coming through AT ALL (no LED, no caller id on the screen, no ring or vibe).

with DND turned on the caller will hear the phone ringing (and be sent to voicemail eventually) but you will have no indication that anyone is calling at the time. the Unknown Number will just appear after they've disconnected or left a voicemail.

i love this feature! i use it with my Silent profile.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 09-20-08 at 11:42 AM.
    09-20-08 11:36 AM
    Never a 'dumb' or 'silly' question if you don't know the answer. I agree that I also learned something new from your post!

side note: I think, but not possitive, that caller ID is included on all of verizon plans. I have always had it.
    09-20-08 11:39 AM
    Never a 'dumb' or 'silly' question if you don't know the answer. I agree that I also learned something new from your post!

side note: I think, but not possitive, that caller ID is included on all of verizon plans. I have always had it.
    yes, caller ID is included with VZW palns!
    09-20-08 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD