For the most part the iphone 4S is a great phone. However there are several areas where the Blackberry knocks it out of the park. E-mail, texting, creating custom ringtones, and several other areas. I have spent the last hour trying to figure out how to create custom ringtones from purchased songs, and it still does not work, even after going through a mine field in Garage Band. Blackberry all I did was edit, and select song and they got a ring tone. My goodness why does Apple force people to buy their ring tones?

I have read about 5 web pages from Google searches and nothing seems to work so I have had enough, I give up trying to create a ring tone from my library on the iphone. Apple wants my money, they do not want me to create a ringtone.
    bigbmc26 likes this.
    02-17-12 07:57 PM
    why y u no come back?
    deezy87 likes this.
    02-17-12 07:59 PM
    Ah man that sucks. I would hate not to have that ability
    02-17-12 08:01 PM
    You're always welcome to come back home. I did and I have not looked back. It is the little things. V!
    02-17-12 08:02 PM
    It's ok to come back. I tried Android and am back. At least you know how the grass is over there.

Now get your BlackBerry back! You know you want to!

You're going to miss your blinking LED. Without it, phones just seem lifeless.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 02-17-12 at 08:11 PM.
    02-17-12 08:08 PM
    We can have a welcome back party for you when you come back.
    02-17-12 08:13 PM
    For the most part the iphone 4S is a great phone. However there are several areas where the Blackberry knocks it out of the park. E-mail, texting, creating custom ringtones, and several other areas. I have spent the last hour trying to figure out how to create custom ringtones from purchased songs, and it still does not work, even after going through a mine field in Garage Band. Blackberry all I did was edit, and select song and they got a ring tone. My goodness why does Apple force people to buy their ring tones?

I have read about 5 web pages from Google searches and nothing seems to work so I have had enough, I give up trying to create a ring tone from my library on the iphone. Apple wants my money, they do not want me to create a ringtone.
    Apple didn't become the monster if a company it has grown to be on accident. They make great, easy to use products for which we (Apple customers) pay a premium.
    02-17-12 08:16 PM
    Apple didn't become the monster if a company it has grown to be on accident. They make great, easy to use products for which we (Apple customers) pay a premium.
    How great that you enjoy paying money to Apple!

My ringtone is a song from a CD that I own. I'm glad that BlackBerry doesn't make us pay to use custom ringtones.
    kbz1960 and AlienSlacker like this.
    02-17-12 08:51 PM
    Custom ringtones are so 2007!
    dimodi likes this.
    02-17-12 08:53 PM
    just have to give it more time. I still have all my blackberry tones on my iphone without making ringtones.
    02-17-12 09:17 PM
    Have you tried doing it this way?

Make Free iPhone Ringtones in iTunes 10
    02-17-12 09:20 PM
    Probably just waiting out until the bb10 eh. I don't blame you
    02-17-12 09:33 PM
    Super easy to make my ringtone on the BB.

You should come back to BlackBerry for this reason alone
    02-17-12 09:44 PM
    You should come back for any reason at all....
    02-17-12 09:50 PM
    Been back and forth a few times between my 9900, ip4 and SGS2. My 9900 is my daily driver since it saves me more time to do other things in my busy day. The less I'm on the phone, the better and my 9900 does this the best between all my emails and messaging going on all day. It does all the little things way better IMO. My ip4 and the SGS2 stay in the drawer all the time. I hate swiping it and pushing that button all the time.
    niloch and recompile like this.
    02-17-12 09:54 PM
    Have you tried doing it this way?

Make Free iPhone Ringtones in iTunes 10
    ^^ This. It used to be stupid simple to make ringtones but it definitely takes more effort now. Still not *that* difficult.

Or if you want an app that edits etc on the phone itself, try Ringtonium. Very powerful, nice. There is a free lite version.
    Last edited by TGR1; 02-17-12 at 10:47 PM.
    02-17-12 10:25 PM
    It's ok to come back. I tried Android and am back. At least you know how the grass is over there.

Now get your BlackBerry back! You know you want to!

You're going to miss your blinking LED. Without it, phones just seem lifeless.
    No way. The iPhone blasts the BB Curve out of the water. It is true that I do miss some functions of the BB, but I would never go back. However I did not test the new BB Bold. I wanted to play with it at Best Buy, but they had no live demo's, nor did they sell the Sprint version of the BB Bold. Same issue I had at the Sprint store. They were not making it easy for people to play with the new BB Bold.
    02-17-12 11:53 PM
    The iPhone 4S is no question the better device. I do miss some of the BB features however. The BB Curve 3G is junk compared to the iPhone 4S. I never got to test the new BB Bold as Best Buy & the Sprint store had no live demos.
    GingerSnapsBack likes this.
    02-17-12 11:55 PM
    ^^ This. It used to be stupid simple to make ringtones but it definitely takes more effort now. Still not *that* difficult.

Or if you want an app that edits etc on the phone itself, try Ringtonium. Very powerful, nice. There is a free lite version.
    Please stop recommending PC software when I have a Mac.
    02-18-12 12:00 AM
    Easiest thing possible; download Audacity and make your own. Edit an audio file and take out what you want.
    02-18-12 12:09 AM
    its an app in the iphone app store, just search for it on your iphone.
    02-18-12 03:35 AM
    You will get used to it lol
    02-18-12 08:23 AM
    The iPhone 4S is no question the better device. I do miss some of the BB features however. The BB Curve 3G is junk compared to the iPhone 4S. I never got to test the new BB Bold as Best Buy & the Sprint store had no live demos.
    You can't compare the latest iPhone to the Curve 3G and expect a fair fight. The latest Blackberries are in line with the 4S depending on what your needs are. Use whichever is best for you and leave it at that.
    kbz1960, AlienSlacker and bigbmc26 like this.
    02-18-12 08:46 AM
    LOL, sorry, I wasn't clear. As another poster indicated it's an iOS app. The only issue I have with it is it doesn't like a few of my tracks for some reason and crashes spectacularly. But it's overall a very polished app and the devs added links to Youtube videos showing how to do some steps. BTW, the full version is only 99c.
    02-18-12 09:22 AM
    The Curve is the budget blackberry, Bold is where it's at.
    02-18-12 09:32 AM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD