So a little over a year ago, my wife and I got iPhone 3GS's...I used to have a BB 8330, loved that thing and my wife had a Rumor, I believe. Kinda funny...we both miss our old phones...we had both decided to jump on the bandwagon and have some fun with the newer phones out there. But now, after the novelty has worn off, and when you sit back and realize how much time you put into some of those stupid games...WOW!!

My wife misses the physical keyboard, and I just miss BB in general, haha!!

My question for you guys would be this...we're with AT&T right now....do we upgrade when the time comes, or do we wait until the contract is up and switch carriers?!

What's your opinion on all the carriers when it comes to BB's and whatnot?!

All of your help is greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!
    02-08-12 05:32 PM
    Well, with AT&T they have the "big 3" (Bold 9900, Torch 9860, and Torch 9810) as well as the Curve 9360. As you can see from my device profile, I opted for the big, sexy keyboard and premium feel of the 9900 but all OS7 'Berry's are really nice.
    MaxxMeister likes this.
    02-08-12 05:46 PM
    Also if you can, give me your 2 cents on which BB for whichever carrier. Thanks again!
    02-08-12 05:47 PM
    Well, I would always recommend the Bold 9900/30 regardless of carrier, it's a great phone and the best BlackBerry ever made. If you liked your 8330, you'll love the 9900; and it's a step up from your iP3GS as well!
    02-08-12 05:51 PM
    If you miss your keyboard, then after you get the 9930 on Sprint or Verizon, or 9900 on at&t or T-Mobile, you're never going to leave BlackBerry again!

I had the 8320, so I know how awesome those clicky keyboards were. So just imagine that experience..but so much more refined. The Torch 9810 also has a pretty great keyboard. It looks Bold-ish with the metal frets between the rows of keys. If the 9900's keyboard gets a 10/10, the Torch gets a 9.5/10. It doesn't have the width of the 9900's keyboard and doesn't feel AS "luxurious" if that makes sense...but I prefer it to the Bold 9780's keyboard and it is definitely nicer than the original Torch 9800's keyboard.
    02-08-12 05:54 PM
    well the 8330 to the 99XX is a huge leap forward though. i'm sure it's amazing what has
    been changed when time flies by. so yeah.
    it's up to you what you want to do, you can outbuy it or you can just sit there and wait,
    until your contract is up and then get it. well if you happy with your carrier why switch?
    ask yourself the question, what's the best option for you?
    02-08-12 05:55 PM
    I would stay with AT&T and upgrade/switch to a BB when your contract expires.
    02-08-12 06:10 PM
    As far as carriers go, only you and your wife know how good the reception is at your house and where you work, etc. That would be the most important thing on my list. Then after that, BB selection. I feel like I'm getting ripped off with vzw, but it has the best reception when I visit my family that live out in the sticks.
    02-08-12 06:38 PM
    That track ball drove me crazy, I highly disliked my 8330.
    02-08-12 06:58 PM
    All depends on your locale. I have Vz for a carriet and get the best reception and customer service I have ever had. They just switched everyone with a BB 2 gig data plan to unlimited at no extra cost. But as I said earlier depending on your signal area it may not work well for you. Signal strength is my first concern. Without it you could be disappointed. Happy hunting and welcome back!
    02-08-12 08:52 PM
    Since your wife misses the physical keyboard I think the 9900 series would be best for her. But if the slider is something she missed as well then the Torch 9810 is an excellent alternative.

For you, you liked the BB experience, then the 9900 is best for you as with the Curve 9360 and Bold 9790 its the most traditional BB experience. Add on top of that that it has the outright best keyboard of all of them, larger screen and better processor.

Oh and up to you on the carrier thing. I know very little about the carriers down there.
    02-08-12 09:01 PM
    I've always missed having a 8330 and now I'm pissed at myself for selling the 9930.
    02-08-12 09:47 PM
    What is wrong with your Droid?
    02-08-12 10:10 PM
    What is wrong with your Droid?
    Nothing, but sometimes I miss the keyboard. The Droid Charge doesnt really have much of a development anymore since the Galaxy Nexus came to Verizon which sucks.
    02-09-12 02:30 PM
    Funny, we just upgraded our 14 y/o son from a dumbphone to an 8330 we had as a backup device for our daughter. First thing he did was order spare trackballs, a spare battery, and a case to keep it in good shape. The oldest boy is asking for one of our Tours, which we're considering.

My wife and I are upgrading next month to the 9930, so we'll probably switch him over, then, unless he buys a BB off craigslist.

I'd recommend the Bold on the network of your choice. The 99XX and 98XX will probably give you the best choice of accessories, too.
    02-09-12 03:21 PM
    Thank you everyone for all your input!! It is greatly appreciated!! Sounds like the Bold 9900 is probably the way I'm gonna go...after reading some replies on here, did some research and everything sounds pretty amazing! Not available for an upgrade till April, but so far I'm pretty sure which direction I'm going...as far as my wife...we'll have to wait till we get there.

I still like my iPhone....I just miss my BB, and like so many of the reviews have said, BB's are definitely more production driven...to where I feel like I've wasted tons of time with the stupid little games on the iPhone...unfortunately, very addicting HAHA!!

So, I'll definitely have to stay in touch with Crackberry...and start lining things up and whatnot....once again....thank you everyone!!
    02-09-12 06:24 PM
    I would stick with ATT and keep your iphone after you get your bb. Then switch the SIM whenever you feel like the other. There are some technical maneuvering so that data works on both including having to jailbreak the iphone so you can change APN settings, but it's really worth the trouble imho.

I personally upgraded to the iphone 4 from the 9700, and every now and then, switch back to the 9700 when I desire.
    02-09-12 07:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD