For those of us on Verizon, I think we might be taking it hardest as I took this info from the CMO to mean at launch time, not 2 months later...

Verizon CMO confirms they will have BlackBerry 10 at launch | CrackBerry.com

Blackberry should have said upfront before today that the US would be left out unitl spring....at least that would not be the leading the story about their launch...
    rottonj likes this.
    01-30-13 02:26 PM
    While I agree this is disappointing, no ever said the new BB would be out anytime soon - or even when. I think we all got this thought in our minds that the release would be sooner rather than later and refused to think anything less. Actually the writing was on the wall but we refused to read it, myself included. It may be a blessing in disguise as by the time we get our BB10 units any bugs that are present at release will be found and fixed.
    bizarrejustin likes this.
    01-30-13 02:31 PM
    Look on the bright side (which I am having trouble doing lol) By the time we get it we could have over 100,000 apps, u never know
    01-30-13 02:37 PM
    And theres another bright side: you are not on Sprint, who only stated the Q10 will be available and have stated within their own forums that theres no plans for the Z10 right now
    01-30-13 02:39 PM
    And theres another bright side: you are not on Sprint, who only stated the Q10 will be available and have stated within their own forums that theres no plans for the Z10 right now
    Really?? I do not understand what's going on. Surely someone has info somewhere that I haven't seen yet about what's causing this delay.
    01-30-13 02:45 PM
    I guess when the CMO comes out and says they will support a phone at launch we are supposed to assume that doesn't mean the launch or the time immediately there after...

IMO 2 months after the launch is not having BB10 at launch...

There really aren't any apps that I am waiting for....well except all of them since the darn phone isn't coming out....
    01-30-13 02:51 PM
    Most people are saying it is just the US carriers dragging their feet...and that might well be the case...but Blackberry had a responsibility to loyal USA BB users to let them know ahead of today that it would be spring when the phone came to us carriers...

I would still be disappointed at having to wait but it would not have been the big shock that it was...
    01-30-13 02:54 PM
    That leaves Sprint out as a new carrier for me then.
    01-30-13 02:54 PM
    Short of manufacturing problems what else could be holding it up? It should be good to go if the UK and Canada are releasing it. Surely they are as careful with thier networks as US carriers.I love BlackBerry and they are the only Smartphone I have ever owned but my enthusium is starting to cool.
    rottonj likes this.
    01-30-13 02:56 PM
    Heins stated during the event that US carriers are still testing the devices themselves. Cant be mad at BB. Blame the US carriers for this one. But one thing is for sure: Its STILL a Q1 2013 launch!
    01-30-13 03:09 PM
    Really?? I do not understand what's going on. Surely someone has info somewhere that I haven't seen yet about what's causing this delay.
    well my post above this one explains the March US availability. As far as Sprint goes, their responses have been along the lines of 'we need more qwerty devices in our lineup'
    01-30-13 03:10 PM
    While I agree this is disappointing, no ever said the new BB would be out anytime soon - or even when. I think we all got this thought in our minds that the release would be sooner rather than later and refused to think anything less. Actually the writing was on the wall but we refused to read it, myself included. It may be a blessing in disguise as by the time we get our BB10 units any bugs that are present at release will be found and fixed.
    Not correct. They did in fact say, several times.
    The end of March is no where near 30 days!

"BlackBerry 10 Phones Releasing 30 Days After Launch Event, says RIM COO Kristian Tear - N4BB"

BlackBerry 10 Phones Releasing in February After Launch Event, says RIM COO Kristian Tear - N4BB - BlackBerry Forums - N4BB
    01-30-13 03:17 PM

"BlackBerry 10 Phones Releasing 30 Days After Launch Event, says RIM COO Kristian Tear - N4BB"

BlackBerry 10 Phones Releasing in February After Launch Event, says RIM COO Kristian Tear - N4BB - BlackBerry Forums - N4BB
    It just says it will be available on 'multiple continents' - availability in Canada means that it is available in the North American market... yeah yeah I know.
    01-30-13 03:21 PM
    Short of manufacturing problems what else could be holding it up?
    I have a feeling RIM submitted their phones too late for carrier testing. Yes, all carriers test devices to make sure they work properly, but American carriers may be taking longer (read: figure out how to maximize the $ they get) and RIM, having previously released phones on the same carriers should have known that. So this one might be on RIM if this is the reason for the delay.
    01-30-13 03:23 PM

Thanks for the link:
    Research In Motion will begin selling its first BlackBerry 10 smartphones on multiple continents within a few days of the company’s January 30th launch event, says COO Kristian Tear. “We want to do it as quickly as possible,” said Tear.

Some analysts had been expecting a March debut. Details are still pending on which carriers will initially support the phones, and if any will have exclusivity deals. The rumored L-Series will be among the first devices, followed with the N-Series.

Are you ready to get your hands on a BlackBerry 10 phone in February? It’s not too far away.

After reading I still stand by what I said; no one ever said Verizon would have the BB at launch. Don't get me wrong, I'm as mad as anyone. I've emailed Verizon, complained and asked for a reason. Of course h3ll will freeze over before they respond but that is about all I can do.
    01-30-13 03:26 PM
    Short of manufacturing problems what else could be holding it up? It should be good to go if the UK and Canada are releasing it. Surely they are as careful with thier networks as US carriers.I love BlackBerry and they are the only Smartphone I have ever owned but my enthusium is starting to cool.
    Someone very wisely (lnichols?) pointed out in another thread that BlackBerry will get slaughtered in the US stores without having the big name apps available. We did not hear a lot about apps today. Well, lnichols just posed this as a question. I added that I think RIM would have a tough time in the US without apps like NetFlix, Instagram, etc.
    01-30-13 03:32 PM
    US carrier commitment is just not there, but global seems to be lining up nicely. Hopefully it sells thru well on the Global and the US carriers have to scramble to get it in there doors.
    01-30-13 03:32 PM
    Most people are saying it is just the US carriers dragging their feet...and that might well be the case...but Blackberry had a responsibility to loyal USA BB users to let them know ahead of today that it would be spring when the phone came to us carriers...

I would still be disappointed at having to wait but it would not have been the big shock that it was...
    They had a responsibility to tell you what they told you sooner?

Feel entitled much?
    01-30-13 04:08 PM
    Heins stated during the event that US carriers are still testing the devices themselves. Cant be mad at BB. Blame the US carriers for this one. But one thing is for sure: Its STILL a Q1 2013 launch!
    I just don't see how all 4 US carriers would drag their feet and not one of them would try and get the phone out before the others to take advantage of being the exclusive BB10 carrier until the others caught up. It's business, and it would be good business to offer a product that people demand before anyone else offers it. If they haven't had enough time to do this, then I have to blame RIM for getting it to the too late. This isn't the first time RIM has dealt with Us carriers.
    richardat, Drew808 and rottonj like this.
    01-30-13 04:22 PM
    I just don't see how all 4 US carriers would drag their feet and not one of them would try and get the phone out before the others to take advantage of being the exclusive BB10 carrier until the others caught up. It's business, and it would be good business to offer a product that people demand before anyone else offers it. If they haven't had enough time to do this, then I have to blame RIM for getting it to the too late. This isn't the first time RIM has dealt with Us carriers.
    Because having a Blackberry exclusive really doesnt mean much in the grand scheme of things.
    i stand by my opinion that they want a larger piece of the profits, and that is what this delay is really about
    01-30-13 04:27 PM
    I'm curious... did he ever say "end of March"? I just remember hearing March, and March is not 2 months away.
    01-30-13 04:31 PM
    I am actually in full agreement, and have been suspicious of that since the announcement. There is no way the carriers would NOT want to take advantage of sales momentum. Put another way: EVERYONE else manages to get through US testing and launch "on time". RIM has claimed they are eager and in full support and that they have been working very closely with them...if ultimately this is the best they could do, I think not only is the responsibility with RIM, it's likely some of the direct fault is as well.
    cheadley1, rottonj and m1a1mg like this.
    01-30-13 05:36 PM
    I know that RIM never said a date for delivery. That being said what momentum they had gained was voided by 12:00pm EST. This launch almost had to be flawless. Far from it. Why not let the carriers have demos in the stores here in the USA. We could at least play with both devices before buying one in spring. Come on man.
    ctuffy and cheadley1 like this.
    01-30-13 06:30 PM
    No feeling of entitlement here....

With so many USA bb users being upset...obvious there was a communication break down...and with Blackberry's **** being on the line, not AT&T or Verizon, yes htey had a responsibility not just to the USA but to shareholders etc. The March date would not be an issue had it been addressed properly...

And they did not say it sooner than at the launch event that it would be March before it was available anywhere but the UK, Canada, and UAE or whatever the 3rd country was...

That is not really a Global launch as 99% of the people understand it....

So please save the sactinmonious righteous crap for someone else...
    rottonj and richardat like this.
    01-31-13 09:58 AM
    I'm curious... did he ever say "end of March"? I just remember hearing March, and March is not 2 months away.
    Not sure either. I think end of March keeps coming up from the TMobile March 27th release date.
    01-31-13 10:16 AM
32 12