Quick question that has been eating at me for months now. My Verizon Curve is synced up with my personal Gmail account, and I even have BerryBuzz set to have my LED blink blue whenever I get a new e-mail. Terrific ... problem is, whenever I respond to someone's e-mail (be it on my Berry or on my computer), that same e-mail is "sent" to the inbox on my phone and it flashes blue as though I have a new e-mail.

I DO NOT WANT "SENT" E-MAILS SENT TO MY PHONE.

There has to be a solution or workaround for this, no? Please help.
    10-19-09 01:57 PM
    Maybe it's some kind of glitch. Have you tried removing your Gmail account from BIS and then setting it up again?
    10-19-09 02:05 PM
    Maybe it's some kind of glitch. Have you tried removing your Gmail account from BIS and then setting it up again?
    No, I have not. I will try it if necessary, but is there nothing else that can be done? Sounds like I may be in the minority with this experience, which I find surprising. I assumed this was normal.
    10-19-09 02:06 PM
    Quick question that has been eating at me for months now. My Verizon Curve is synced up with my personal Gmail account, and I even have BerryBuzz set to have my LED blink blue whenever I get a new e-mail. Terrific ... problem is, whenever I respond to someone's e-mail (be it on my Berry or on my computer), that same e-mail is "sent" to the inbox on my phone and it flashes blue as though I have a new e-mail.

I DO NOT WANT "SENT" E-MAILS SENT TO MY PHONE.

There has to be a solution or workaround for this, no? Please help.
    Welcome to Crackberry.... there's a great search feature here to help you before posting about a topic that already exists...
    GMail - receiving a copy of 'sent items' you sent, on your BlackBerry!
    10-19-09 02:34 PM
    make sure you don't have autoBCC to your email address. If there isn't anything there, you can always set up a filter in BIS to not forward mail from that address.
    10-19-09 02:35 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry.... there's a great search feature here to help you before posting about a topic that already exists...
    GMail - receiving a copy of 'sent items' you sent, on your BlackBerry!
    I've been here longer than you! And in my defense, I have looked, just not well enough I suppose. Anyway, that filter would fix my problem, but it would also completely block me from sending e-mail to myself (as I sometimes do in the form of reminders and such) and that's a problem. So I guess there is a total solution, but no real workaround, which stinks. Thanks for your help.
    10-19-09 02:49 PM
    I've been here longer than you! And in my defense, I have looked, just not well enough I suppose. Anyway, that filter would fix my problem, but it would also completely block me from sending e-mail to myself (as I sometimes do in the form of reminders and such) and that's a problem. So I guess there is a total solution, but no real workaround, which stinks. Thanks for your help.

Sorry, I was not trying to be sarcastic. I was going by your post count, not your date of joining CB... so I thought you were kinda new.
    10-19-09 04:16 PM
    Okay, I have one more suggestion. Its on the phone.

Open your email folder>click Menu>Options>General Options.

Scroll down to Hide Sent Messages> Select Yes.

Let me know if that works.
    10-19-09 04:40 PM
    Okay, I have one more suggestion. Its on the phone.

Open your email folder>click Menu>Options>General Options.

Scroll down to Hide Sent Messages> Select Yes.

Let me know if that works.
    Nope, it was already set on Yes.
    10-19-09 07:47 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/gmai...3/index51.html

The link from my earlier post is not working, but if you check on Page 51, it says that if you delete your gmail account and re-add it, it probably will fix this problem.
    10-19-09 11:25 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/gmai...3/index51.html

The link from my earlier post is not working, but if you check on Page 51, it says that if you delete your gmail account and re-add it, it probably will fix this problem.
    Thanks, just went into BIS and deleted my Gmail account and re-entered it. Now when I highlight the inbox icon on my Berry, it only says "Messages" and no longer reflects my Gmail name, and e-mails have yet to be sent to my phone. It's been 15 minutes -- how long should I expect to wait?

***EDIT***

Nevermind, that icon always said "Messages". I tried sending e-mail from another account to that Gmail and it came through. I've also sent e-mail to myself from my Berry and that comes thru to my account without sending a duplicate to my Berry, so that's good. Problem is, no e-mails I send to myself from the computer seem to be going to the Berry, which stinks if I want to send reminders to myself.
    Last edited by The Solomonster; 10-20-09 at 07:59 AM.
    10-20-09 07:46 AM
    yeah, you might have it set to combine the messages instead of having them separate so everything comes into messages.
    Last edited by PJnc284; 10-20-09 at 08:14 AM.
    10-20-09 08:08 AM
    yeah, you might have it set to combine the messages instead of having them separate so everything comes into messages.
    Can you explain? Not following you on this one...
    10-20-09 08:32 AM
    So yeah, it would appear that I can no longer send e-mail to myself (like a reminder) and have it pop up on my Berry. I created a filter to have "messages forwarded to my device" and inserted my Gmail address as being from the "From" field, but that doesn't seem to be working. What am I doing wrong?
    10-20-09 08:40 AM
    ok, apparently what I was talking about just splits email and sms and gives you an sms folder. Gmail is finicky about duplicate emails though.
    10-20-09 09:44 AM
    So yeah, it would appear that I can no longer send e-mail to myself (like a reminder) and have it pop up on my Berry. I created a filter to have "messages forwarded to my device" and inserted my Gmail address as being from the "From" field, but that doesn't seem to be working. What am I doing wrong?
    I am having this same issue. I actually WANT all sent emails (whether they're from my computer or my phone) to be sent to my BB. If I don't need them, I simply delete them. But it's nice to send myself documents and reminders. This stopped happening after I upgraded to 5.0.238 or whatever.
    10-20-09 11:52 AM
    Well, I don't know what else to tell you.
    It seems that Gmail and BIS are not compatible. I set up my gmail acct to my blackberry and had all the same issues you have.

If you get the Gmail mobile app sent to your BB, you can log in to your account and see all the emails (especially the ones you send to yourself.)

Do you have a Verizon Blackberry email account on your phone? You might want to forward reminders to that email address if you need them on your BB.
    10-20-09 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD