There was a gentleman on another thread that explained the keyboard thing quite well (I thought):

Your a busy executive/business owner/whatever, your fortunate enough to have an assistant (or someone that helps like a spouse etc.). You hear of the new BB device and say "HEY...please grab me one of those as soon as they come out"...now, because your busy and because your assistant/helper is swamped with all your needy requests, no one knows or even thinks the new BlackBerry is a glass panel...no key board...looks like an iPhone/S3.
    Your assistant places the new device box on your desk and charges the thing up for you before you arrive in the morning....you arrive and, "what the hell is this?" you proclaim. "well it's the new Z10" she say's with calm confidence, "I had to arm wrestle a 300lbs women to get that thing...it's the last one you know"... "well, take it back!!" you say..."I hate glass panel phones".

Could happen
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    04-17-13 06:27 PM
    There was a gentleman on another thread that explained the keyboard thing quite well (I thought):

Your a busy executive/business owner/whatever, your fortunate enough to have an assistant (or someone that helps like a spouse etc.). You hear of the new BB device and say "HEY...please grab me one of those as soon as they come out"...now, because your busy and because your assistant/helper is swamped with all your needy requests, no one knows or even thinks the new BlackBerry is a glass panel...no key board...looks like an iPhone/S3.
    Your assistant places the new device box on your desk and charges the thing up for you before you arrive in the morning....you arrive and, "what the hell is this?" you proclaim. "well it's the new Z10" she say's with calm confidence, "I had to arm wrestle a 300lbs women to get that thing...it's the last one you know"... "well, take it back!!" you say..."I hate glass panel phones".

Could happen
    You know my boss!?!

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-17-13 07:39 PM
    I don't think it is hypocritical to like misek now that he is delivering good news after criticizing him months ago.

Almost the entire world had written BlackBerry off and only the BB faithful thought the company would survive as a cell phone company.

Misek was one of the many who predicted doom gloom, forced merger or death for the company, and he, like the others was wrong.

Now that he thinks the company will succeed, I agree with his opinion but before I didn't agree. In my opinion his opinion is correct now, while before I thought he was wrong. There's no hypocrisy in that.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 07:42 PM
    I don't think it is hypocritical to like misek now that he is delivering good news after criticizing him months ago.

Almost the entire world had written BlackBerry off and only the BB faithful thought the company would survive as a cell phone company.

Misek was one of the many who predicted doom gloom, forced merger or death for the company, and he, like the others was wrong.

Now that he thinks the company will succeed, I agree with his opinion but before I didn't agree. In my opinion his opinion is correct now, while before I thought he was wrong. There's no hypocrisy in that.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't agree with his original take on things, but I've decided long ago not to put much weight into what analysts say anyway, positive or negative. It's one thing to disagree, but some of the users here were ready to bring out the torches and pitchforks over what he said.
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-17-13 09:56 PM
    It is difficult to change ones mind on a stock, given all the emotion that appears when you intially buy or sell. Humans have a lot of things going on which pre-dispose them to staying consistent with their initial choice. Its made worse when we begin to defend the idea, "putting your mind in chains". Misek has also gotten bearish on AAPL (earlier than most). Its good have Misek's inescapable CONFIRMATION BIAS digging up Pro-BBRY datapoints versus when he was digging only for anti-BBRY data.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-18-13 02:02 AM
30 12