It has been widely reported that in Canada, 50% of those picking up Z10s were "deactivating" Android and iOS devices.
    It was 50% of reservations, and there was no "deactivating" mentioned.
    Pretty big difference there...
    02-22-13 04:59 PM
    Come on TB...you've spent enough time around here, you know very well how strong the crackberry effect can be. Look at some of the other online polls that have been swayed to ridiculous margins by barely-organized crackberry groups. Heck, a single small group of people could easily sway these poll results. The superbowl poll, along with every other poll I see posted in a forum with the words "GO VOTE NOW" are worth almost nothing in terms of quality data. In fact, I'd argue that the only thing these polls show is which group of fanatics will go the farthest to prove their undying devotion to their phone
    You're seriously saying that our little fansite could drive over 14,000 votes? Because that's what the positive rating was, with only 3800 negatives.

Tens of millions of people watched the game, and hundreds of thousands of people visited the nfl.com website and rated ads. I do believe that we probably had some effect, sure, but I'm skeptical we have quite that much clout.
    lorax1284 likes this.
    02-22-13 05:58 PM
    You're seriously saying that our little fansite could drive over 14,000 votes? Because that's what the positive rating was, with only 3800 negatives.

Tens of millions of people watched the game, and hundreds of thousands of people visited the nfl.com website and rated ads. I do believe that we probably had some effect, sure, but I'm skeptical we have quite that much clout.
    The biggest Blackberry fan site on the web you mean? They could have a very major impact. Some of the threads discussing the Super Bowl commercial had around 9000 views. If even half those people voted, that would have a pretty major impact on the polls I'd say.

Heck, a single person with too much time on their hands could easily skew the results.
    02-22-13 06:12 PM
    The biggest Blackberry fan site on the web you mean? They could have a very major impact. Some of the threads discussing the Super Bowl commercial had around 9000 views. If even half those people voted, that would have a pretty major impact on the polls I'd say.

Heck, a single person with too much time on their hands could easily skew the results.
    The ad got around 200k views, which is consistent with many of the other ads. If nothing else, you'd expect that if it were THAT bad that you'd see people go out of their way to down-vote it. Certainly, the ad was actively disliked in this community, so I'm not convinced that everyone here was rushing over to up-vote.

Intriguingly, the BB ad received about 40% more online views than the Samsung ad, and triple the number of up-votes. Are you saying that BB has more fans than Android?
    02-22-13 06:36 PM
    The ad got around 200k views, which is consistent with many of the other ads. If nothing else, you'd expect that if it were THAT bad that you'd see people go out of their way to down-vote it. Certainly, the ad was actively disliked in this community, so I'm not convinced that everyone here was rushing over to up-vote.

Intriguingly, the BB ad received about 40% more online views than the Samsung ad, and triple the number of up-votes. Are you saying that BB has more fans than Android?
    i think BB fans are more prone to feel the need to win the popularity contest. I think most android fans dont care about the vote at all. I rarely vote for things like this in generel. Only if posted here basically.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    02-22-13 06:40 PM

LMAO, theres no chance CB caused that sized effect, plus each platform has fan sites and does the same thing. In addition it was @samsungmobileUS that tweeted and asked their users/fans to vote on the NFL.COM poll. Not BlackBerry. That speaks volumes alone! but are local android lovers will have it no other way!
    Thunderbuck and lorax1284 like this.
    02-22-13 07:08 PM

Look, the plain fact that you are talking about it 3 weeks after the super bowl, tells you that it resonates. In advertising, it doesn't matter if the average person perceives it as good or bad, what is important is whether it is remembered.
    02-22-13 08:54 PM
    The phones have been released to less then 2% of the world population for a period of less then 4 weeks. What are you expecting?
    02-23-13 06:37 PM
83 ... 234