The MintChip Challenge

Taab didn't get the nod, unfortunately. A WP based app won the grand prize.
    09-24-12 12:25 PM
    I have no idea how this was even possible - I had to view this on the computer to believe my eyes.

Was taab not neck-and-neck with a different app other than the WP app which won? I'm questioning the validity of this entire challenge - what was the point of even voting? The Royal Canadian Mint can lick me!
    09-24-12 12:35 PM
    I have no idea how this was even possible - I had to view this on the computer to believe my eyes.

Was taab not neck-and-neck with a different app other than the WP app which won? I'm questioning the validity of this entire challenge - what was the point of even voting? The Royal Canadian Mint can lick me!
    Seriously... I guess they went to judging based on criteria, and not by overall vote counts.
    09-24-12 12:46 PM
    The "main" winner isn't based on votes... the "popularity" winner is the only category where the votes counted for anything. If you look on the site, there are 5 apps with "Winner" displayed on them. If you hover over the "Winner" tag, it tells you what category they won.

The app that Taab was neck and neck with beat them on the Popularity category. Too bad!
    glennster28 likes this.
    09-24-12 12:56 PM
    I'm pretty sure voting only counted for the popular choice award. All of the winners for the other categories were determined by a panel of judges.
    09-24-12 12:56 PM
    Sorry, I should have been a bit more elaborate but the one that won 2 awards, 'MintWhatever' didn't have as much feedback when compared to taab. From back in August I was checking out the other contenders and following their votes/responses and I just had a better feeling about taab than the results shown today.

I know there was "Popular Choice" but if you think about it it's still kinda crazy that what the PEOPLE want really didn't matter. It was up to the who-judges? Of whoville?
    09-24-12 03:06 PM
    I think it was Rigged!
    09-24-12 08:51 PM
    Wait, so the product that best meets the needs of the provider of the service, the Royal Canadian Mint, is the one that won? That's crazy!
    09-24-12 11:27 PM
    Wait, so the product that best meets the needs of the provider of the service, the Royal Canadian Mint, is the one that won? That's crazy!
    LOL. exactly.

BTW, didn't TAAB list as cross-platform? If I'm wrong, someone correct me, but if I'm right, that should kill the whole "rigging" undertone.
    09-25-12 12:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD