Following too!!
    03-30-19 01:23 AM
    I will follow. I have a Keyone work/personal phone as well.
    Q10SQN100-1/10.3.3.3216

Posted via CB10
    03-30-19 09:25 AM
    I'm in too.
    03-30-19 09:54 AM
    I already have "background data" turned off on most android devices I use, so no applications can send or receive anything unless manually launched. Wifi? It doesn't apply, unless there is an explicit module (application?) that can pretty much do the same.. like a flip switch.

Following.

Submitted via blackberry passport on freedom mobile HSPA+ or LTE
    03-30-19 10:22 AM
    Subscribed. Hopefully, I can understand.

LG G7 v8.0.0 w/ Cobalt's BB Suite
    03-31-19 09:49 AM
    So, I've been putting together the requirements for this, and I'm focusing on two profiles. The first will be a "standard" set up for a work phone that is configured to protect personal, but not professional, privacy. The other is for a personal phone designed to protect privacy as much as possible.

In both cases, I will not sacrifice security to protect privacy, so I won't be dealing with things like de-Googled custom ROMs. There's nothing wrong with going that route, but Google is an extreme example that is very, very good at security and very, very bad at privacy. I will advocate for minimizing or eliminating free Google services, but I will not recommend a custom ROM.

More coming soon.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    idssteve and astrodan13 like this.
    04-02-19 04:15 PM
    Subscribed.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-19 04:34 PM
    Following

 BlackBerry Q10
    04-04-19 08:26 AM
    yes
    04-04-19 08:47 AM
    So, I've been putting together the requirements for this, and I'm focusing on two profiles. The first will be a "standard" set up for a work phone that is configured to protect personal, but not professional, privacy. The other is for a personal phone designed to protect privacy as much as possible.

In both cases, I will not sacrifice security to protect privacy, so I won't be dealing with things like de-Googled custom ROMs. There's nothing wrong with going that route, but Google is an extreme example that is very, very good at security and very, very bad at privacy. I will advocate for minimizing or eliminating free Google services, but I will not recommend a custom ROM.

More coming soon.

Custom ROM's are out of the question for Priv, key1, key 2/LE and other blackberry-android devices, due to security and all.

04-08-19 03:46 PM
    Custom ROM's are out of the question for Priv, key1, key 2/LE and other blackberry-android devices, due to security and all.

Exactly, which is why I won't bother opening that particular can of worms. I know we have members on other Android hardware, though, so I wanted to state that explicitly.
    04-08-19 04:00 PM
    Following...
    04-12-19 11:35 PM
    Subscribed. I have a similar interest in privacy.
    04-13-19 06:39 AM
    Following. What are you doing different than chetmanley?
    04-17-19 04:33 PM
    Following. What are you doing different than chetmanley?
    I believe it somehow involves the NSA plus nuclear fissure material and techniques..
    04-17-19 04:35 PM
    So where is this up to now? It’s been a few weeks.
    04-27-19 03:42 AM
    So where is this up to now? It’s been a few weeks.
    Fair point! I have been very busy at work and the research and testing has been slow. It's on the way, I promise, and sorry for the tease!

04-27-19 06:00 AM
    Fair point! I have been very busy at work and the research and testing has been slow. It's on the way, I promise, and sorry for the tease!

Thank you.
    Didn’t mean to come across as pushy or rushing you. It’s just good to know that it’s still progressing!!

Thanks.
    04-27-19 06:01 AM
    Thank you.
    Didn’t mean to come across as pushy or rushing you. It’s just good to know that it’s still progressing!!

Thanks.
    No worries. I'm glad you're interested!

idssteve likes this.
    04-27-19 06:03 AM
    Did you ever get any further with this?
    I hope I haven't missed the thread somewhere along the way.
    05-27-19 04:06 AM
    I'm in! Great idea, will follow with interest.

Rocking a Motion.

Run my own business business and privacy and security is of importance to me personally and professionally. Thanks.
    05-27-19 04:52 AM
    Thx for doing this for all. I am thinking about get rid of email and use BB me instead, but it appear to be hard since many sites)(professional) were subscribe using email. Would love to learn from you to secure lost privacy.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-19 06:03 AM
    I will also be following!! thanks for your efforts!!
    05-28-19 09:35 AM
    Going to throw this out there linage os
    It is what used to.be cyangenmod
    And is available for any android phone o. The 188 supported phones with Oreo support in the latest builds and a privacy guard
    You just need a unlocked bootloader to download the Rom and ota updates etc these go beyond the oem.support ended

https://lineageos.org/ or buy one of thier refurbished phones preinstalled
    Since it's cyangenmod permissions are turned on and off at will and still have access to fdroid or google play or Amazon if you install google play
    05-28-19 11:22 AM
    Going to throw this out there linage os
    It is what used to.be cyangenmod
    And is available for any android phone o. The 188 supported phones with Oreo support in the latest builds and a privacy guard
    You just need a unlocked bootloader to download the Rom and ota updates etc these go beyond the oem.support ended

https://lineageos.org/ or buy one of thier refurbished phones preinstalled
    Since it's cyangenmod permissions are turned on and off at will and still have access to fdroid or google play or Amazon if you install google play
    It's also impossible to run a custom ROM such as that on an Android BlackBerry, due to the fact that nobody has been able to root them.
    Unless you happen to know something nobody else does then you are totally barking up the wrong tree.
    05-28-19 12:10 PM
88 1234