So this is kinda frustrating...I sold my curve a few weeks ago and the person that bought it says that the phone won't charge (they used a brand new wall charger...which may be the issue here), either through the wall charger or through the USB cable. I confirmed it today, and only got it to charge through the charging cradle that my wife owns. Has anyone else seen this problem before? Initially, this seems like the mini-USB port of the phone has been fried.

Can anybody help? Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaase?! thanks!
    04-01-09 04:43 PM
    More than likely the USB connector has been twisted off the mother board. The USB port is very, very weak.

If it was working when you sold it then, the new owner must have done something mechanical to break it.

Since the phone charges through the cradle, it would seem that the charging circuitry remains intact. This points again to USB port damage.

Contact BlackBerry Repair Shop - A full line of RIM BlackBerry repair services and BlackBerry parts for all BlackBerry handheld devices to see what they can do to fix the problem.
    04-01-09 04:56 PM
    They fail too easily IMO. I have seen numerous posts where folks have needed to get them replaced or just replace the phone. It does not take much for them to lose the ability to sync or charge which is why I invested in a cradle just 10 days after getting my Blackberry...... Wear and tear with constant backups or charging is something that can just happen...

I have even read one post where static electricity while plugging up zapped it....... You could try different cables but I assume you tried several things.... Hopefully others will give you an opinion as well. If you sold it working the new owner might have done it...
    04-01-09 04:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD