First, it's 33% as of the most recent data, and second, yes, in a world where you can buy a low-end Samsung Galaxy with Android 4.x for $79, those folks who stay on old Gingerbread devices are choosing to be at risk, just like the 30% of PC users who are still using WinXP are. And, again, this problem is solving itself, as more and more customers ARE ditching those old Gingerbread phones in favor of modern ones.

For the most part, the people who are "at risk" are those who are installing apps from somewhere other than the Google Play Store, and in order to do that, you have to specifically enable that ability (it's turned off by default), and when you do that, you get a big pop-up warning that you are putting yourself at risk. Folks who stick to the Play Store, which is most of them, really don't have too much to worry about.
    That may be your opinion but I have a Note 8, a Nexus 4 & a S3 and there zero data on them (not even my contact list) - Even though the S3 and Note 8 has the so called "SAFE" designation I wouldn't trust having my data on them - that's what I have my Blackberries for
    08-29-13 02:23 AM
    O.K., so what phone would you use, when BB goes belly-up?
    09-02-13 08:04 AM
    O.K., so what phone would you use, when BB goes belly-up?
    Honestly, I don't know. I have an Android phone right now, and don't see myself buying another one, based on my current experience. Apple is just out of the question. Not too impressed by WP8. Who knows...when my carrier releases WiFi calling for BB10, I might finally buy the Z. Not too concerned about BB going belly up, now that they've moved away from BIS for BB10.
    09-02-13 09:48 AM
    So you're saying those 44% running Gingerbread are willfully choosing to keep themselves at risk? That they're ignoring OS updates their carriers and/or device manufacturers are providing to them? How else are they at risk, then?
    Where were you when Blackberry launched OS7?
    09-02-13 04:50 PM
    Where were you when Blackberry launched OS7?
    Somewhere wondering why this OS7 was such a security nightmare? Oh wait...
    09-02-13 05:02 PM
    There's two types of people when it comes to security. Hey I've got nothing to hide.
    And those with bbry who stand for our rights and sovereignty. Nsa. No thanks. Not in my backyard.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 05:13 PM
    Somewhere wondering why this OS7 was such a security nightmare? Oh wait...
    pointing out that several million Blackberry users were forced to use an outdated OS (6) by Blackberry.
    if there had been a security flaw on OS 6, they would have been stuck with it
    09-02-13 05:36 PM
    There's two types of people when it comes to security. Hey I've got nothing to hide.
    And those with bbry who stand for our rights and sovereignty. Nsa. No thanks. Not in my backyard.

Posted via CB10
    You need to research
    Blackberry supports CISPA which means they would give up all your information in seconds.
    Blackberry dont give a damn about your privacy
    kbz1960 and bekkay like this.
    09-02-13 05:37 PM
    Encryption my friend. They can hand out all the encrypted messages they want. Bbry. Fort knox

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 05:40 PM
    Encryption my friend. They can hand out all the encrypted messages they want. Bbry. Fort knox

Posted via CB10
    How Microsoft handed the NSA access to encrypted messages | World news | The Guardian
    09-02-13 07:03 PM
35 12