Hey guys, sorry if this has been posted before, but I was wondering... I know there is military discounts for service and other certain deals for military but does anyone know if there are companies out there that gives any military discounts for retail phones?

Like with me, I would love to upgrade my 8310 to an 8900 and I am not switching from at&t to t-mobile. I would like to buy the phone then unlock it. MSRP is more than $600! So yeah, as I am in the military I figured I would look and see if there are any places that grant military discounts for buying phones with no contract. Any info is much appreciated
    Last edited by raskal1130; 02-10-09 at 04:57 PM.
    02-10-09 04:54 PM
    The corporate stores won't. If you can find a branch store that sells them, they might, but I doubt it.

BTW, since you're already with AT&T, I would get the Bold over the 8900.
    02-10-09 06:04 PM
    Yeh, well, I was debating on the two... I have already tested out the bold and loved it, but I want to test out the 8900. I haven't had the time yet, but if the keyboard is like the 8300 series which I know it is, I might want the 8900. The curve has the best keyboard in my opinion and I use it mostly for texting. Thanks for the info Kronk . I will try going to an t-mobile store and try my luck. Thanks again.... again, if anyone knows anything... any info is appreciated
    02-10-09 06:11 PM
    ...but if the keyboard is like the 8300 series which I know it is, I might want the 8900. The curve has the best keyboard in my opinion and I use it mostly for texting.
    I thought the same thing with my 8310 until I started using my Bold. I easily type twice as fast now.
    02-10-09 06:23 PM
    I thought the same thing with my 8310 until I started using my Bold. I easily type twice as fast now.
    Yeh, I like the Bold's as well. I was really impressed. I didn't think I would like it at all actually. Once I try out the new Curve 8900 I am sure that I would know what to get.... I hope, lol.
    02-10-09 06:45 PM
    So I went to the t-mobile store and the guy first flat out told me that they were out, haha. It seemed like MANY people went there (not surprising) lol. He told me if i speak to a CSR and see if they have a military discount for buying a phone MSRP. So I will be calling them later today. I will post what they tell me.
    02-12-09 03:06 PM
    So I just came off the phone with a CSR, hear this. So the first time I called (notice I said the first time, lol) once I told them it was about the new Blackberry 8900, they hung up on me! I thought it was hilarious. So the second time they confirmed that the military discounts are only for phones you get with contracts. So oh well, I guess my next bet will be to get the bold, which isnt that much of a bad thing at all because the bold is great as well. I just wished I could get the new Curve, blah...
    02-12-09 04:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD