12-17-10 02:06 PM
31 12
tools
    QNX is RIM's future. I expect for the next while, we will see a mixture of 6.0 and QNX (6.1) until everything unites under one OS. At that point, I am positive that anything pre-QNX will be phased out.
    I have to agree, the Playbook is not only a new product but it symbolizes the future of RIM. For them to release the playbook with QNX and then a handheld WITHOUT QNX will basically represent a monumental failure RIM's part. This is essentially their "2nd chance"
    12-15-10 08:29 AM
    I didn't even catch that the 1st time I watched it...I'll have to watch it again.
    12-15-10 10:54 AM
    Hmmmmm idk we'll see

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-10 05:12 AM
    Rimming?lol sounds nasty!!!!!!!

12-17-10 11:00 AM
    Really? And with all that, OS6 still can't do much more if anything more then OS5 can. RIM's biggest improvement of OS6 is the Torch browser... everything else is debatable.
    You've been saying for a while that OS 6 was basically a "theme". I agree with you on that one. Which would explain why it doesn't do much more than OS5. That in itself would be a reason to drop OS 5 and 6 altogether and go straight QNX on EVERY NEW device. OS 5 will become obsolete on all devices. OS 6 on the ones that already have I could see a few more leaks until the get rid of whatever stock is left....unless it can be upgrade able to QNX. Let's hope for the sake of all the people who bought phones with OS6 preinstalled that this can be done. If it can't...then I can see the loss of a few customers. But I think the new and return users who left or skipped OS6 would be much more than what thy lose. IF QNX IS WHAT IT IS CLAIMED TO BE OF COURSE....

12-17-10 01:19 PM
    If I was a stock holder in RIM, I would be tearing my hair out. This past year and a half has been one big drain on capital -
    Really?

Research In Motion reports 3rd quarter results...
    Highlights:

Record BlackBerry(R) smartphone shipments of 14.2 million grew 40% over the same quarter last year
    Revenue grew 40% over the same quarter last year to $5.5 billion
    Q3 Earnings per share of $1.74 were up 58% over the same quarter last year
    Cash increased by $446 million to $2.5 billion at the end of the quarter
    12-17-10 02:06 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD