I've been stuck in this situation for the last couple days. I want to be a loyal BB User, but iPhone 3GS looks quite appealing. I've recently switched to Mac at the beginning of this year, and am loving it. But it now comes down to my Mac being happy with Blackberry. No, I don't want to install Boot Camp. Where is this supposedly Blackberry Desktop for Mac? No, I'm not going to use Pocketmac or Missing Sync...it just sucks.

Blackberry is really starting to loose it's smartphone grip if it keeps delaying releases like this. I'm so tempted to get an iPhone 3GS, get a Me account, have everything work and forget the waiting....

Someone please convince me not too.
    06-17-09 04:18 AM
    You need to do what works best for you.
    Perhaps you should try the iPhone and see how it compares.
    Best of luck on your decision.
    06-17-09 05:28 AM
    You will get flamed by the BB fanboys, (yes we have a ton of them here), but YOU have to live with your purchase. Not anyone else, if the iPhone can better suit your needs, you should go with it. It has advantages and disadvantages as compared to the BB platform. It will have it's issues just like all smartphones so don't expect it to be perfect and you won't be dissapointed.
    06-17-09 07:49 AM
    As soon as VZW gets the iphone i may have to jump ship.. Just my .02
    I like the BB but the iphone is starting to get better. Who knows..
    06-17-09 07:54 AM
    I had the Iphone 3g 16gb for over 9 months. When I first let go of it. I thought I would running back to it, But I love the bold I am using now, Ill be staying with this bold for a long time. Iphone is a great phone and it all comes down to what you want and need it to do. The touch is cool but I like the keyboard more, for typing on a screen might feel a little funny at first but you get the hang of it.

Any decisions you make has his pros and cons. so just do what ever makes you happy
    06-17-09 08:30 AM
    Does your carrier let you test drive the devices like Verizon does here in the States? I am sorta a BB fanboy, BUT perhaps an iphone IS the best option for you as a MAC user. If you can get an actual test drive, go to your carrier's store or an apple store and try the phone out for 30 minutes before you make the decision.
    06-17-09 08:37 AM
    The landscape keypad will make things easier coming from a 9000.
    06-17-09 09:14 AM
    Don't feel bad, as soon as ATT gets the Pre, I'm gonna get one.
    06-17-09 09:29 AM
    I agree, the landscape view will make the typing alot easier! Your needs suit an iPhone so why not go for it. Good luck.
    06-17-09 09:32 AM
    Yeah I'm a HUGE BB fan BUT the iPhone 3G S with its long awaited "new" features is just to hard to pass up. Also if you use mobileMe you get the instant push email, not to mention a ton of other features such as find iPhone and remote wipe.. I have a 3G S on Pre-order, I think BB really needs to step up their game
    06-17-09 09:35 AM
    Firstly don't worry about what some one on a keyboard says, you get what you want if it works best for you

I had a storm..within days I knew it was a pile of cr#p and sold it but I am convinced had I gone to a bold or curve I would have stayed on bb but I have been put off for a while by rim's innaction but nothing else

convince you not to? why iphone isn't a bad phone and as you've said you do not have the compatability issues with your mac that you have with your bb

if it works for you..go for it.. wether it's a bb or any other phone
    06-17-09 09:36 AM
    Well, I have an iPhone 3G for personal use, and a Bold for Business.

To be quite honest, I wouldnt give either up. They both have their upsides and downsides. Typing on a touchscreen keyboard does not compare to an actual keyboard. The browser on the iPhone blows the Bolds out of the water.

Each has their perks, glad I have the luxury of using them both.
    06-17-09 09:42 AM
    Get what works best. Don't feel bad for leaving.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-09 09:46 AM
    Man, just get what you want. Forget about being "loyal". Get the device that satisfies you. Those companies are not loyal to us, they just want our money. You don't owe anyone loyal, only money when you sign that contract.
    06-17-09 11:39 AM
    I thought about going iPhone but plan to stay loyal to BB. Still, if I was in your boat, I'd probably make the switch. It's gotta work for you and if that's the best solution, then that's it. Do what you gotta do.
    06-18-09 11:23 AM
    I think being loyal IS the problem. What has BB done for you that makes them so special? Did you name a child after them or have a great uncle that's in the company? By people being completely loyal to whatever they produce, we lose. They don't have to innovate or grow because loyal fans will buy their phones regardless if they are not the best in the market!

The iPhone 3Gs is a nice phone, possibly the best on the market, especially if you are a Mac user. I am, and I am sick of having to borrow PC's to do anything with my Storm. If you are happy with AT&T then you should find a phone that will make you happiest! Forget people who are too loyal to recognize change.
    Last edited by Riders On The Storm; 06-18-09 at 11:56 AM.
    06-18-09 11:46 AM
    Well, I have an iPhone 3G for personal use, and a Bold for Business.
    I did what j0hnny did, I have both, and I don't see myself giving up either. The new 3.0 software gives the iPhone features it should have been released with (just my opinion).

Using the BB Desktop on Mac, I'd say go with Parellels or VMware. I had a friend who was pro iPhone until he got his 8900, so, I say get an iPhone, play with it for a few days, and return it if you don't like it.
    06-18-09 11:46 AM
    Don't feel bad OP. I'm going to snatch up the iPhone, too.
    06-18-09 11:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD