hello
    first of all i am very pleased to be a member of this awesome forum.
    I bough yesterday bb storm unlocked which i am using on ATT
    i got opera mini working and gmail too
    the only think i cant make work is midpssh . when i try to open it with opera it transfers me to bb browser which doesnt have enough "coverage" i tried to copy it to device true PC and open it but i always get error "unable to install" i tried .jar and .jad and same errors.
    also i couldnt install google maps , when i want to install it it transfers me to site ehwere file google maps has 0b.
    Can anyone help me?
    thx wizzy
    10-18-09 02:03 PM
    First I would like to say congrats on your storm and welcome to Crackberry. I am not sure how familiar you are with BB files so here is a crash course. A .JAD file is an app that can be downloaded OTA (over the air) these will automaticaly default to the BB native browser to DL. There is no way to change this. You can How ever look for the DM (Desktop Manager) file to install via your PC. Generally these are .ALX or .COD files. All you would have to do is plug BB into PC and run the installer. I am not sure what a .JAR file is unless you mean .RAR file which is just a form of .Zip file to be installed via PC. I hope this will help you in your quest.
    10-18-09 10:38 PM
    thank you for answer
    i know what .rar is and i am sure the think is called .jar
    also one more think
    when i want to open web site from email it points me to bb browser which doesnt work.
    is there way i can set it up to open it in opera instead bb browser?
    also is there way to make bb browser work on att ?
    10-18-09 11:19 PM
    Do you have a BB data plan with AT&T?
    10-18-09 11:30 PM
    yes i do have bb unlimited data plan with att
    10-18-09 11:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD