Microsoft Switching to Skype
    Microsoft has decided to drop Messenger in favor of Skype after it purchased the company last year. Since there is no reason to have two messaging services, Microsoft will be moving users over to Skype. They have already updated Skype to allow users to sign in with their current Microsoft password. Plans are to phase it out completely by the end of the first quarter in 2013.

I have a Blackberry Bold 9900 that allows me to use Microsoft messenger, If Microsoft is intending to phase out messenger by end of first Q 2013 does anyone know if Blackberry will except Skype as the replacement.
    11-18-12 12:45 PM
    11-18-12 01:27 PM
    Microsoft Switching to Skype
    Microsoft has decided to drop Messenger in favor of Skype after it purchased the company last year. Since there is no reason to have two messaging services, Microsoft will be moving users over to Skype. They have already updated Skype to allow users to sign in with their current Microsoft password. Plans are to phase it out completely by the end of the first quarter in 2013.

I have a Blackberry Bold 9900 that allows me to use Microsoft messenger, If Microsoft is intending to phase out messenger by end of first Q 2013 does anyone know if Blackberry will except Skype as the replacement.
    No, your 9900 won't work on Skype using the MSN Messenger app, if that's what you're asking. I wouldn't hold your breath for Skype on BlackBerry 10, let alone on BlackBerry legacy devices.
    11-20-12 10:20 PM