Microsoft has reportedly hired Deutsche Bank and Goldman Sachs to assess the acquisition deal. According to the sources, Microsoft has not officially approached BlackBerry to negotiate the deal and believes that the software giant is still in the early phases to evaluate the deal

Microsoft Corporation (MSFT) Rumored To Consider Buyout Of BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY)

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 11:16 AM
    Then it's a new rumour about a previous rumour. Let me know when Microsoft or BlackBerry has something to say about it. Otherwise it's not worth discussing much.
    05-17-15 11:48 AM
    Then it's a new rumour about a previous rumour. Let me know when Microsoft or BlackBerry has something to say about it. Otherwise it's not worth discussing much.
    That's up to you. If you don't want to discuss if then don't discuss it.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 12:10 PM
    Chen's golden parachute: A bidding war between Microsoft, Apple and Samsung!

And I suppose anyone else that wants in.

STL100-4 /10.2.1.2976
    05-17-15 01:17 PM
    Everybody except blackberry wants to buy blackberry
    dararede, anon(8908445) and BRS64 like this.
    05-17-15 02:47 PM
    Sounds great to me (as a shareholder). Heck, I like Microsoft anyway. A Nokia/BlackBerry collaboration would be amazing.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 02:50 PM
    Price wins, if anyone should bid,what is the magic number?

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 03:06 PM
    So many rumours. Who's with me to start the "BlackBerry in talks to buyout Apple and Microsoft" rumour?

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 03:13 PM
    Everybody except blackberry wants to buy blackberry
    You mean, everybody except consumers?

Posted via CB10
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    05-17-15 03:55 PM
    You mean, everybody except consumers?

Posted via CB10
    Lol that hurt a little

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 04:12 PM
    "Everyone wants to buy BBRY" rumors or tumors...

Now we've had Huawei, Lenovo, Samsung, Apple, Microsoft...
    What else can we throw at it...? :-)

�   Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....   �
    Blackerthanblack likes this.
    05-17-15 05:13 PM
    That's up to you. If you don't want to discuss if then don't discuss it.

Posted via CB10
    Biddle, are you bidding, too...?

;-D

05-17-15 05:14 PM
    So many rumours. Who's with me to start the "BlackBerry in talks to buyout Apple and Microsoft" rumour?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, this one makes me chuckle.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 06:05 PM
    One final point. This article isn't even remotely realistic. Unless MS is ready to pony up 10 to 20 billion, this deal isn't going to happen. Nobody is going to sell BlackBerry for 2x cash holdings. This is laughable.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 06:13 PM
    "Everyone wants to buy BBRY" rumors or tumors...

Now we've had Huawei, Lenovo, Samsung, Apple, Microsoft...
    What else can we throw at it...? :-)

Burger King?

Posted via CB10
    chgaida, jmr1015 and anon(8908445) like this.
    05-17-15 06:18 PM
    I doubt MS would pay the money that would be needed. Unless they want to buy the whole thing to split it up and sell off parts they don't need. They have the OS, well-positioned in the enterprise and have their own MDM (Intune, don't know if it's any good though), they have Skype, etc. BlackBerry is too niche to buy them to eliminate a competitor in mobile. Patents would be good only to add to their arsenal, but they already have Android manufacturers paying them now. I just don't see how MS would really benefit, and there's no way BlackBerry would live on, so no benefit to us users.

Posted via CB10
    Laura Knotek and LuvULongTime like this.
    05-17-15 06:38 PM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    One final point. This article isn't even remotely realistic. Unless MS is ready to pony up 10 to 20 billion, this deal isn't going to happen. Nobody is going to sell BlackBerry for 2x cash holdings. This is laughable.

Posted via CB10
    +1 agreed... non of the blackberry major shareholders would even consider selling BlackBerry unless $25+ imo

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    05-17-15 06:56 PM
    I've lost my rumor calendar. Can someone tell if next week is the Apple rumor or Google rumor? Or is it time for the Samsung rumor? It's so hard to keep track of these.
    05-17-15 07:19 PM
    I doubt MS would pay the money that would be needed. Unless they want to buy the whole thing to split it up and sell off parts they don't need. They have the OS, well-positioned in the enterprise and have their own MDM (Intune, don't know if it's any good though), they have Skype, etc. BlackBerry is too niche to buy them to eliminate a competitor in mobile. Patents would be good only to add to their arsenal, but they already have Android manufacturers paying them now. I just don't see how MS would really benefit, and there's no way BlackBerry would live on, so no benefit to us users.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed.

Samsung, or a HW vendor like them would make far more sense from an acquisition perspective.
    05-17-15 07:22 PM
    Does not matter who wants to buy BB.... The Canadian government would put a boat load of conditions on any sale... breaking up the company for patents etc. will not happen. It would end up being like the Tim Hortons / Burger King merger.... Head office and day to day operation would remain in Canada and some form of job security would be a condition... As much as BB is considered dead in the US... it is still highly regarded in Canada and the government in particular... Makes me chuckle when I read the so called analysts who say all suitors are only after to valuable parts and will break up and sell BB.... Another example of the usual ignorance of Canada and Canadians.
    stevepar likes this.
    05-17-15 07:22 PM
    Wow, people are so short sighted.

As much as I am a fan of BlackBerry, doubling up my money would be a no brainer in a buy out.

I think the three companies that can and want BBRY are in the race. Apple, Microsoft and Samsung. The deal makes sense for all three companies, and right now would be the PERFECT time for them to buy it, that is after the company is right sized and dead weight discarded, new acquisitions are made, however none of this is priced into the stock price yet.

Even if they spend $10 billion on the acquisition, pretty much double from where we are right now, it will quickly generate the profits to recoup the purchase price.

For Apple, how many people would line up to buy a fully secure, encrypted iPhone 6+? How many millions of units would they sell? Many billions of dollars would it generate for them in the future?

For the same chump change that BBRY acquired WatchDox, and SecureSmart..... Apple and Microsoft can acquire BlackBerry.
    05-17-15 08:43 PM
    Does not matter who wants to buy BB.... The Canadian government would put a boat load of conditions on any sale... breaking up the company for patents etc. will not happen. It would end up being like the Tim Hortons / Burger King merger.... Head office and day to day operation would remain in Canada and some form of job security would be a condition... As much as BB is considered dead in the US... it is still highly regarded in Canada and the government in particular... Makes me chuckle when I read the so called analysts who say all suitors are only after to valuable parts and will break up and sell BB.... Another example of the usual ignorance of Canada and Canadians.
    You are of course correct. The chances of the Canadian government agreeing to a sale is zero. But I must admit, BlackBerry must be something up its selve if everyone wants them.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-15 08:46 PM
    Wait and see development of Windows 10 and BB OS in next 6 months. if it happens, interesting to note integration of these two OS.

Z30 10.3.2 thru CB10
    05-17-15 08:50 PM
    Maybe CrackBerry should throw a bid in. You never know, they may just take the bait.

Posted via CB10
    rfin16 likes this.
    05-17-15 09:38 PM
    Chen's strategy seems to be working and he is fulfilling his mission.
    05-17-15 10:23 PM
102 123 ...