BlackBerry can't even do a proper web store.

Dream on, but getting rid of Digital River, and running the store in-house is the first thing to do.

Then we will worry about some retail store.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    08-30-14 11:11 PM
    LOL. Who were your retail store selection consultants? Mick Jagger and David Bowie?

OK, Tokyo
    South America, Australia, France, Germany, UK, Africa

Calling out around the world
    Are you ready for a brand new beat
    Summer's here and the time is right
    For dancing in the streets
    They're dancing in Chicago
    Down in New Orleans
    In New York City
    Lol I think I should have consulted you!
    Perhaps you can write a rap to go with it

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 12:12 AM
    I see the usual suspects coming out with the usual negativity , the stores would not have to be requiring much floor space, they will be serving more that just sales purposes, they will be able to handle warranty issues and give live demonstrations. I do like the idea of Bakron suggesting airport locations but I still like the idea of at least a couple mall locations preferably high end malls. I know there are costs involved but there are also costs involved currently when third party "stores " like Digital River ,who are also not performing well according to some posters on here. In any case the point is probably moot as BlackBerry will not be working anymore with customers in the Developed markets apart from Enterprise and Government.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 12:24 AM
    It's just not happening, bro

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 12:55 AM
    Lets attack it from a unit sales perspective. Let's say you decide to open kiosks in 30 major airports, 2 per airport. You anticipate selling 20 phones per day at each kiosk 365 days per year. How much will you increase your sales? By 438,000 units. Is that going to keep you in the smartphone business?

The Apple stores work because they have over 400 of them serving a million customers a day. They probably make just as much on the accessories than they do the hardware. You've got to have something more to sell than a few smartphones to make it work.
    Apple sells more than just Iphone. Ipad various version, Ipod touch, laptop, desktop. There's enough variety to sell quite a few unit a day. Beside, they have deep pockets, occasionally if sales are not that good, they can adjust their expenses. You are way too optimistic to assume BlackBerry can sell 20 phones a day. 365 days a year. Not even in Toronto where BlackBerry is dominance over the other phone market.
    Last edited by bambinoitaliano; 08-31-14 at 04:35 PM.
    08-31-14 11:24 AM
30 12