Going to law college this year so I need a Laptop and a mobile...
    I am planning to purchase Surface Pro 3 and I am bit confused to chose between BB Q10 or Microsoft Lumia 650...
    Basically I want these two (laptop and mobile) to be compatible with each other... Initially I thought to purchase a Mac n Iphone 5s but now I have changed my mind...

So Surface Pro 3 obviously has integrated MS Office,One Note etc...
    and Lumia 650 too has integrated One Note,MS Office...

I want to know that whether Q10 supports One Note, MS Office and is there any difference in app quality...
    What abt Blackberry Blend...? Will it compensate with the integration of Office in Lumia...
    03-24-16 01:11 AM
    OneNote works reasonably well on the Q10 but you have to get it through the Amazon App Store.

You'd only go for the Q10 if you wanted a device with a physical keyboard, right? So the choice should be fairly obvious.
    Aman1007 likes this.
    03-24-16 01:14 AM
    One note works well with the Q10. It is a good combination with the physical keyboard.

The Blend also works very well.

And keep in mind that the Q10 can be had for a lot less money than the 650. The battery life is also better too.

Posted via CB10
    Aman1007 likes this.
    03-24-16 10:02 AM
    Thank You...for helping me out...

It's just that I am scared to buy a BB as these fu*cking salesmen who says that in BB this don't work,that don't work and give me a hell lot reasons not to buy...But I keep trying to find reasons to buy Q10 and this is the best place to prove them wrong..

I also have a concern regarding Maps..
    So it's easy to download a map of a particular region in Google Maps and get the directions..Do you all face any problem with this...I am joining a law college soon so I need Maps to guide me with directions...
    I live in India and if you can clear my doubts that will be great...
    03-24-16 10:36 AM
    If you want connectivity and you're going to sync information via the cloud/Microsoft account then the Lumia might be the better option.

On BB10 you'll have to use Android apps for OneNote and Office, the newer Office apps won't work because they require Android 4.4 (BB10's runtime is 4.3). Blend isn't integrated with Docs to Go (BB10's native equivalent to Office) but it can help you transfer files from your phone to PC (and vice versa) from the File Manager (you'll have to connect and transfer them yourself though, it's not automated).
    Aman1007 likes this.
    03-24-16 10:47 AM
    If you want connectivity and you're going to sync information via the cloud/Microsoft account then the Lumia might be the better option.

On BB10 you'll have to use Android apps for OneNote and Office, the newer Office apps won't work because they require Android 4.4 (BB10's runtime is 4.3). Blend isn't integrated with Docs to Go (BB10's native equivalent to Office) but it can help you transfer files from your phone to PC (and vice versa) from the File Manager (you'll have to connect and transfer them yourself though, it's not automated).
    I agree. I have a Lumia 640 right now and am airing for the 650 to come out. Perfect if you need in integration with Office, OneNote, etc. why do work arounds?

Did you know you can get a Lumia 640 for $29 right now? Not sure where you live.
    Aman1007 likes this.
    03-24-16 03:45 PM
    Thank You...for helping me out...

It's just that I am scared to buy a BB as these fu*cking salesmen who says that in BB this don't work,that don't work and give me a hell lot reasons not to buy...But I keep trying to find reasons to buy Q10 and this is the best place to prove them wrong..

I also have a concern regarding Maps..
    So it's easy to download a map of a particular region in Google Maps and get the directions..Do you all face any problem with this...I am joining a law college soon so I need Maps to guide me with directions...
    I live in India and if you can clear my doubts that will be great...
    Do you want to prove them wrong.... or do you want a device that helps you get through law school?

I might would check and see if there are any special apps that the college (campus apps, transportation apps) or professors (courses) might be using.... might be that neither a BB10 or Windows phones would meet those requirements the best.
    Aman1007 likes this.
    03-24-16 04:00 PM
    This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Do you want to prove them wrong.... or do you want a device that helps you get through law school?

I might would check and see if there are any special apps that the college (campus apps, transportation apps) or professors (courses) might be using.... might be that neither a BB10 or Windows phones would meet those requirements the best.
    and This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. I read that MS office is more polished on IOS and Android than their own platform......OP, be cautious in you choice...
    Aman1007 likes this.
    03-26-16 09:32 AM
    Hey!..
    What about apps such as Uber,Ola and other such apps which indeed come in handy...
    Are they available on BB 10?
    03-26-16 10:24 AM
    I don't use those app...but there are plenty of writing on it....I suggest you to do a search into the forum.....Maybe BB nor windows would be a good choice for you.

I have a windows phone with win 10 on it and Uber seems to be there but how well it works I don't know.

I don't know where you live, in North America there is the Lumia 640 for cheap. Maybe you could look at that
    Aman1007 and TgeekB like this.
    03-26-16 10:36 AM
    Thanks..

But I rather now stick to BB as I can compromise with these apps but not with privacy n bb hub...
    I just wanted to know whether these apps are available in BB World or their alternatives...
    But That's Okay...
    03-26-16 11:12 AM
    I recently returned a 550 as it lagged terribly. No continuum either! Hopefully the higher models are 300% better than the 550! I would recommend BlackBerry Blend with any bb10 handset hands down

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    Aman1007 likes this.
    03-26-16 11:17 AM
    You can search for apps here, just remember to set your country/carrier and device to the Q10 to see which apps are available,

https://appworld.blackberry.com

If you need apps an Android phone or the Lumia might be better, the Android runtime in BB10 can help but it's not a perfect solution (it's 4.3 and if an app needs Google Play it won't work). If you really want a BlackBerry and the Priv isn't an option, switching to BlackBerry services (Remember with Evernote integration, Docs to Go, etc) for your other needs could help if you want to get the most use out of your device but even those can get shutdown (Print to Go most recently), I also don't know how well those compare to Office and OneNote or if they would meet your needs.
    03-26-16 12:49 PM
    Office works integrates perfectly fine with Mac and iOS as well, I have office on use it Windows, Mac OS X and, iOS with no problem,

I've heard it works great with android to.

So while I think the Surface is an acceptable choice, you should be able to get iOS and Android and still have excellent office integration, Windows Phone 10 and BB10 are risky purchases at this point.
    03-26-16 01:23 PM