The company I work for uses microsoft outlook. It is on a MS exchanger server, at home (or anywhere with a PC w/internet access) I can log into my Outlook email, accessing new mail.

I would like to purchase a 8330 from US cellular. Awhile back I saw a post, the subject was that if your work was on an exchange server there was a way you could access with an non work/it BB. In the post it was mentioned that it could be programmed to automatically check the work outlook mail every twenty minutes.

Questions (finally) - Will BIS service from carrier allow me to do this? Can it really be done at regular intervals?

Thanks in advance,
    Jim
    04-23-09 07:11 PM
    Yes it can be done. I have it set up that way myself.

Here is an excellent How-To thread on how to set it up:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/sett...ss-bis-208151/
    04-23-09 07:16 PM
    Pay close attention to the beginning of the post in red. Not all companies will allow you to set up your OWA in this manner.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 07:56 PM
    Pay close attention to the beginning of the post in red. Not all companies will allow you to set up your OWA in this manner.

Good point. You likely will be able to do so, simply because it appears that there isn't a heavy restriction on OWA access, since you can access from public computers. You should check with your IT dept first to see if it is allowed before doing so.
    04-23-09 08:01 PM
    I can do all of the same with OWA but it is not a option via BIS for me. Maybe our company is not the norm for this type restriction. I dunno.

04-23-09 08:40 PM
    You can also configure it through POP3 or IMAP.

04-23-09 08:46 PM
    Fewer and fewer companies allow public POP or IMAP access.
    04-24-09 08:37 AM
    you an always have ya it department just hook you up for you
    04-24-09 08:42 AM
    Hey - Thanks to all of ya.
    I am going with the 8330 BIS. I will give everything a try. If for some reason I cant get into mail, there is more than just work driving the purchase.
    Thanks again.
    04-24-09 05:26 PM
    Hi,

My company use "Realm Authentification" as part of the OWA process. Going through any PC w/internet is not a problem. With BIS set up for OWA, not part of set up process.

Jim
    04-27-09 04:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD