Disregard...my company doesn't allow email through BIS anylonger......

Hi, I can't seem to find any discussion on this issue...I am on Verizon using BIS.

I used to be able to add my work email through Microsoft exchange. I don't know the in and out of it, but previously I simply added the email and address and my current Password on the email setup App on my Storm and it worked fine.

After loading up a new OS I noticed it was saying I need to update my password or something like that, but when I did it kept saying it failed. So I tried deleting it an re-adding it and now instead of just adding it it gives me all these separate options for adding exchange email, but even when I give it all the info it still fails to add it. Same thing happens when I log on to BIS on the computer.

Did something change with BIS or is the issue just with my email address. I can access though web browser and everything else fine...just can't add it to my BIS.

OK...figured out my work just no longer allows it through BIS. If I upgrade to BES they can set it up. Forget that...it's their loss.....less productivity and free work from me chcking email on my personal time.
    Last edited by blaisedinsd; 08-26-09 at 01:06 PM. Reason: resolved
    08-26-09 12:07 PM
    Apparently my company's IT department says that BIS actually stores your password externally and because of that it poses a security risk. This is the reason they now block BIS email access.

I am not happy about my other email passwords being stored externally...seems like a basic security flaw...anyone know anything about this?
    08-26-09 04:27 PM
    There are a lot of places that will store your email password externally. Any email aggregator such as gmail or pop peeper will do this.
    08-26-09 05:07 PM
    Why would it seem that the IT cut-off for the BIS only seem to apply to a few (from my experience) and not everyone? We have dozens that use Blackberries to have their work email pushed to their phones, and there's a small group of those that seem to get cut off every once in awhile. And to narrow that even, some can re-enter their password and be fine, and others (like myself) can add the password until I'm blue in the face and still not have it come back.

Digging up an old thread I know, but just looking for information
    11-09-09 07:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD