Where would I get the Microsoft bluetooth software to install on my laptop? I have a third party bluetooth software that I need to replace with Microsoft.
    10-13-09 01:27 PM
    Which OS are you running? I'm pretty sure it is "built in" on everything since XP
    10-14-09 10:49 PM
    Bluetooth was introduced into XP when Service Pack 2 was released. Generally the whole bluetooth issue has created a raft of problems on XP and Vista, to such an extent that I understand MS have left bluetooth manufacturers to deploy the majority of the bluetooth driver stack in Windows 7.

So if it XP you are running - apply the latest SP
    Vista should have it built in
    Windows 7 - I think you need the manufacturers software
    10-15-09 11:31 AM
    Where would I get the Microsoft bluetooth software to install on my laptop? I have a third party bluetooth software that I need to replace with Microsoft.
    I have Vista Home Premium and the Microsoft Bluetooth Stack is built into it. The Microsoft Bluetooth Stack allows you to tether through the bluetooth and connect to BB Desktop Manager. I tried the Toshiba stack which is very good, but it does not allow you to do both.

You can pick up a free version of the Toshiba Stack at the following:

Cirago International Ltd. - Customer Servies, RMA and Technical Support

Just click on drivers for the BTA-3210 or BTA-6210 and you should be good to go with Toshiba drivers. Windows is built into Vista Not sure about 7.
    Last edited by crackfinder; 10-15-09 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Mis-spelled word
    10-15-09 11:37 AM
    I have an HP laptop that is running XP Professional. It currently has a WIDCOMM Bluetooth enumerator. I have installed all SP up to 3 but the Microsoft bluetooth stack has not been installed. Do I need to uninstall the WIDCOMM Bluetooth enumerator and if so how do I do that? After that I guess I would install SP 3 again?
    10-16-09 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD