IF Microsoft bought BlackBerry this is what I predict would happen. Similar to Nokia, Microsoft will skim off that they want and dump off the rest.

BB10 OS -> Gone as it would be replace with Windows Phone OS. They might take some BB technology (gestures, keyboards) to add into the OS. I don't believe they will support Android store although there were rumors of an Android runtime for Windows Phone.

BlackBerry store -> Gone. Native Apps... gone.

BES -> Integrated perhaps with Microsoft System Center which manages all their servers. BB's cloud management version will go to Windows Intune their "cloud" based solution.

BBM -> Replace what Messaging is being use on Windows Phone, merged into Skype or sold off.

BB Phones -> It wouldn't be called BlackBerry anymore. It Will be running Windows Phone OS. Manufacturing will be done through Foxconn.

Benefit for BlackBerry
    Stability (a lot more resource and money) and Microsoft branding for enterprise. Some employees would be transferred to Microsoft.

Disadvantage for BlackBerry
    See Nokia. The company is gone.

Benefits for Microsoft
    They get BlackBerry's enterprise assets (accounts, phone, technology). Not sure if they want the name. They will have what it is needed to compete with Apple-IBM. They got rid of another competitor and solidify their position as 3rd eco-system.

Disadvantage for Microsoft
    There are some overlap and they will need to integrate some functions into Windows Phone OS which wasn't there before. It would disrupt their current development cycle... but they are going agile, right? This shouldn't matter much.

Benefits for BlackBerry (new) shareholders
    There will be a pop in share price as shorts would have to pay back outstanding shares before any merger. If BlackBerry has already stabilized (making a profit), it will receive a premium offer from Microsoft. If it still hasn't stabilized, Microsoft may offer it as a discount.

Potential Timing
    For Microsoft to get BlackBerry for cheap, they need to get it now when BlackBerry is still struggling (2014). Once John Chen can show that BlackBerry is not dying and is back into growth mode, pricing will be at a premium. I guess we will know by early next year.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    07-17-14 11:45 AM
    No thanks?
    07-17-14 11:54 AM
    And do they offer $100 per share like John stated?

#BBFactCheck
    07-17-14 11:55 AM
    Regardless of the deal. I don't think BlackBerry can compete alone. There are so many things that BlackBerry is getting behind and is basically integration with gadgets and other things. It's just gonna get worst for BlackBerry.

People asume if BlackBerry becomes popular again, that this problem will be solved.

Android apps don't solve it.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 12:02 PM
    Boooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! What's with all these Microsoft will buy BlackBerry threads of late. Your fantasy will never happen microserfs. Enough already!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Heinz Katchup; 07-17-14 at 05:19 PM.
    07-17-14 12:08 PM
    Regardless of the deal. I don't think BlackBerry can compete alone. There are so many things that BlackBerry is getting behind and is basically integration with gadgets and other things. It's just gonna get worst for BlackBerry.

People asume if BlackBerry becomes popular again, that this problem will be solved.

Android apps don't solve it.

Posted via CB10
    It depends on scale. BlackBerry can still be successful as a company without being as big as Microsoft or Apple. Even Kodak has their niche.
    07-17-14 12:23 PM
    only thing blackberry is known for is its security. if they even collaborate with MS, they'll lose.

Even the recent IBM-apple collaboration for 'security' dropped Blackberry's share to $10 from $12.
    07-17-14 12:53 PM
    only thing blackberry is known for is its security. if they even collaborate with MS, they'll lose.

Even the recent IBM-apple collaboration for 'security' dropped Blackberry's share to $10 from $12.
    Shares go up. Shares go down. BlackBerry will prevail!

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 01:14 PM
    If MS willing to pay $100 a share, then i am all in, if not then see you in the battle field.
    07-17-14 04:58 PM