Well, QNX is doing the autonomous car...
    But I don't think QNX is into AI..... for the "autonomous car" they are working with AdasWorks who does the "smart" software that makes it work.

Now maybe they should be more into AI work, or maybe BlackBerry ought to buy AdasWorks.....
    02-04-16 02:28 PM
    Man, learn something new everyday. Here I thought the keyboard was a BB innovation. I knew that BlackBerry Travel was really World Mate, but now I am wondering what other BB10 "innovations" are also not BlackBerry? I mean, Chen did site the high costs of licensing required for BB10 as one of the reasons for going with Android....
    02-04-16 02:33 PM
    Microsoft is acquiring popular keyboard app SwiftKey for $250 million: Report | MobileSyrup.com

I thought I read somewhere that the BlackBerry Keyboard is actually a licensed modified SwiftKey one. Wonder if anything would happen to that licensing agreement.
    Actually most of the OEM keyboards for various manufacturers do the same thing. They more or less have a lock on the keyboard prediction market...
    02-04-16 04:43 PM
    The "swipe up to complete" is, AFAIK, something BB developed themselves, but, yes, the keyboard engine underneath is SwiftKey.

Licensing IP is very common in tech - you can't develop EVERYTHING in-house, and even Apple has bought some key pieces of the iPhone, including Siri and the fingerprint scanner.
    02-04-16 05:08 PM
    BlackBerry should have bought Swift Key.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    02-05-16 10:37 AM
    BB are now paying the MS tax 2 times over.....running android and now the swiftkey license they have lol
    exFAT too, so 3x.
    02-05-16 10:44 AM
31 12