and the answer to all your questions is YES.

What you propose wil work just fine. MAke a folder on your PC to contain the files from the 2Gb card and then use Explorer to drag the files from the 2Gb card to the folder. Put the new card in your phone and format it there. Now put this card into the PC and drag the files to the new card. Done.
    Really! Format the card using the phone. I thought I read where we should format it using the computer. Regardless, I'll do as you say and format it using the phone. By the way, I'm running OS 4.5.0.81. Thanks for the advice!
    12-18-08 02:02 PM
    Really! Format the card using the phone. I thought I read where we should format it using the computer. Regardless, I'll do as you say and format it using the phone. By the way, I'm running OS 4.5.0.81. Thanks for the advice!
    You can also format in the PC to test that the card really works but when it is done in the phone, the correct folder structre needed by the phone is established.
    12-20-08 04:03 PM
    What's the best class of cards to use on the BlackBerries?
    12-27-08 10:40 AM
    my curve wont read my 2gb. . .any suggestions.?
    12-30-08 08:30 PM
    my curve wont read my 2gb. . .any suggestions.?
    Have you formatted the card in the phone? Do you have Media Card Support enabled in Options / Media Card ? Have you removed and reinserted the card in the phone? Have you tried to read the card in your PC using a reader or SD slot adapter?
    12-30-08 11:36 PM
    What's the best class of cards to use on the BlackBerries?
    BlackBerry phones all work well with Class 2 cards. All functions work perfectly. If you have a Class 4 card, you will see faster file transfer speeds when copying files to / from your phone.

All this was laid out in my OP. It would be a good idea to have a quick look at it.
    01-01-09 04:36 AM
    Is there a class 8, or will there ever be?
    01-01-09 11:38 AM
    Is there a class 8, or will there ever be?
    I would not think so. If you read my OP then you will see that Class 6 supports continuous video recording.

More likely there will simply be increases in card speeds that will obviate the need for speed classes. Again this is documented in this thread.
    01-01-09 02:58 PM
    Pete,
    I really need some help.
    I bought an 8gb microsdhc card.
    I have 1900 songs on it that all will play through my blackberry when it is linked to my computer.
    However, the blackberry will only read around half of those songs on it.

I have now bought one of those new card readers from sandisk, as they told me I had to have it too.
    If I delete/reload all my music on the card using that reader, will they work?
    Either way, do you have any suggestions for me?
    Thanks.
    01-11-09 07:29 PM
    Pete,
    I really need some help.
    I bought an 8gb microsdhc card.
    I have 1900 songs on it that all will play through my blackberry when it is linked to my computer.
    However, the blackberry will only read around half of those songs on it.

I have now bought one of those new card readers from sandisk, as they told me I had to have it too.
    If I delete/reload all my music on the card using that reader, will they work?
    Either way, do you have any suggestions for me?
    Thanks.
    I have had this too. It is a pita. 1900 songs is a lot to have to move around. How are they organized? If they are all in one single folder then the BlackBerry will take AGES to catalog all entries and may not be able to play them.

I organize my music (1437 MP3s) by artist in folders - more or less + some pics and moves on an 8Gb card. When I first put the card into the phone a blue line apeared on the bottom of the screen. It was obviously cataloging my media. I left it running for about an hour and since then it has been fine.

Please tell me if your music is all in one single folder. If it is, that is almost certainlt the problem.
    01-12-09 11:10 AM
    I purchased the 16g card from Best Buy for $99 but it didn't come with a microSD adapter. Will the adapter that the Verizon store sells work? I tried another microSD adapter from my friend and I couldnt read the card in "my computer" section. If the one from the Verizon store works, I'll get that one. Thanks
    01-14-09 09:19 AM
    I would assume any non-defective adapter would work. The adapter just mates the pins; it doesn't have any active components. It's possible your PC SD card slot isn't compatible with 16MB cards. The MicroSD Cards thread in my sig has more useful info. It's worth reading if you're having problems.
    01-14-09 11:59 AM
    I purchased the 16g card from Best Buy for $99 but it didn't come with a microSD adapter. Will the adapter that the Verizon store sells work? I tried another microSD adapter from my friend and I couldnt read the card in "my computer" section. If the one from the Verizon store works, I'll get that one. Thanks
    Don't they have cheaper?
    01-14-09 01:03 PM
    I would assume any non-defective adapter would work. The adapter just mates the pins; it doesn't have any active components. It's possible your PC SD card slot isn't compatible with 16MB cards. The MicroSD Cards thread in my sig has more useful info. It's worth reading if you're having problems.
    Actually, Jeff I am not sure about that. I have seen adapters that will only read upp to 2Gb (microSD, not microSDHC). This sounds nonsenesical, I knw but there seems to be a tine biyt of logic that allows the adapter to make use of the high capacity cards.

I looked on ebay and the newer adapters clearly show a maximum capacity. There has to be a reason for that rather than just marketing.

If I get time, I will destroy a couple of adapters to see what's inside.
    01-16-09 05:11 AM
    Actually, Jeff I am not sure about that. I have seen adapters that will only read upp to 2Gb (microSD, not microSDHC). This sounds nonsenesical, I knw but there seems to be a tine biyt of logic that allows the adapter to make use of the high capacity cards.

I looked on ebay and the newer adapters clearly show a maximum capacity. There has to be a reason for that rather than just marketing.

If I get time, I will destroy a couple of adapters to see what's inside.
    Thanks for the info. I'll amend my knowledge base.
    01-16-09 07:36 AM
    I bought a microsd card 16g in best buy.ever since I plugged the card into my BOLD video attachments would not play on the phone except for the audio part of the video.I was thinking about installing one of the softwares that are available in crackberry that would convert all types of formats and would play them in the phone.any suggestions??
    01-21-09 09:44 AM
    I got a 16 gig from best buy also. It formats to 14.8 gig.. I'll take the 1.2 gig loss... Been working great... i use the media manager to convert videos... And this PSP app to convert FLN (flash videos). Phone still is fast after initial disconnecting of USB cable scanning.
    01-23-09 09:53 AM
    I just got my 16g at Best Buy this evening, and the same as everyone else, 14.8g.
    Shocking to say the least.

But now I don't have to pick and choose what songs, pics and videos I want on my BB. YES!

Question. How can I add one of my DVD's to the media card? Certain prgm needed?
    02-06-09 09:46 PM
    I bought a SanDisk 8GB micro SDHC card from Staples last week.... Do I need to get a SanDisc micro sdhc adaptor? And would it be best to format it on the computer?

Thanks
    02-06-09 10:24 PM
    You only need an adapter if you plan to put the card in your PC. That can be handy if you're having a problem with the card. If you buy an adapter, be sure to buy the SDHC version. It's simpler to format the card in the BlackBerry; that way you only have to handle it once, but it's handy to be able to put the card in your PC.
    02-06-09 11:31 PM
    You only need an adapter if you plan to put the card in your PC. That can be handy if you're having a problem with the card. If you buy an adapter, be sure to buy the SDHC version. It's simpler to format the card in the BlackBerry; that way you only have to handle it once, but it's handy to be able to put the card in your PC.
    Thanks Jeff
    02-06-09 11:54 PM
    Thank you for this post. I never needed it until now. Need to upgrade my card and this helps immensely.

Trem
    02-06-09 11:57 PM
    My computer does not see the media card.
    When I got to My Computer, it only shows Blackberry Drive E:
    I formatted the card in the Berry last night.

DM recognizes it's there...I have Vista...HELP
    02-07-09 01:34 PM
    My computer does not see the media card.
    When I got to My Computer, it only shows Blackberry Drive E:
    I formatted the card in the Berry last night.

DM recognizes it's there...I have Vista...HELP
    This sounds as if you got it right. On your phone the Media Card will show up as a drive in Computer. To prove this, open up Computer on your PC and then connect/disconnect the phone. You will see the drive appear/disappear as you do this.
    02-10-09 07:11 AM
    Hey guys sorry about this newb question but I want to be sure. I have v4.5.0.124 and I want to order a 16GB microSDHC. I have read the chart with the different sizes according to your current OS and v4.5.0.81 and later states that it can go up to 16GB. Is my OS version higher than that?

ReyRey
    02-23-09 12:00 AM
137 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD