Please recommend a good micro sim to sim card adapter. There will be times when I would not need to use the Z10 and prefer carrying a legacy device.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 10:00 PM
    Make sure to keep BIS active then, else your legacy device won't be 100% functional.

My experience has been that they are all way to similar for it to matter.

This one looks like the one I have here: Nano to Micro/Normal SIM Card Adapter for Apple iPhone 5 4S 4G 3GS 3G

Also on the CB Store: Noosy Nano sim Adapter for BlackBerry
    12-11-13 10:02 PM
    My micro sim goes in my 9000 without an adapter.
    bekkay likes this.
    12-11-13 10:03 PM
    Please recommend a good micro sim to sim card adapter. There will be times when I would not need to use the Z10 and prefer carrying a legacy device.

Posted via CB10
    Don't use an adapter, you might damage your SIM tray, just line it up and it will work. Use a bit of tape on it if you want.
    12-11-13 10:30 PM
    If you do use sim tray, make sure you do not use the tape come with the package. It is too thick. Normal scotch tape will do a better job. It is critical NOT to leave empty tray inside your device. It will damage sim connectors without sim card (take out the connector pin like hooks). My 2 cents.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 02:43 AM
    Make sure to keep BIS active then, else your legacy device won't be 100% functional.

My experience has been that they are all way to similar for it to matter.

This one looks like the one I have here: Nano to Micro/Normal SIM Card Adapter for Apple iPhone 5 4S 4G 3GS 3G

Also on the CB Store: Noosy Nano sim Adapter for BlackBerry
    When AT&T activates the new sim card, will BIS remain active automatically?

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 09:30 PM
    When AT&T activates the new sim card, will BIS remain active automatically?

Posted via CB10
    You tell me. If you're simply asking them to move your account from a standard SIM card to a micro (mini? super small?) SIM, then yes - BIS should be still there.

If you are telling them you're upgrading to a Z10 and wants a fancy 4G data plan, they will most likely drop BIS.
    cbfan123 likes this.
    12-12-13 10:02 PM
    You tell me. If you're simply asking them to move your account from a standard SIM card to a micro (mini? super small?) SIM, then yes - BIS should be still there.

If you are telling them you're upgrading to a Z10 and wants a fancy 4G data plan, they will most likely drop BIS.
    Thank you for the clarification. I'll be sure choose my words carefully when I'm there.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 09:49 PM
    Thank you for the clarification. I'll be sure choose my words carefully when I'm there.

Posted via CB10
    Just go in and ask them to cut your standard SIM down to a micro SIM then you can be sure everything is as it was.
    12-14-13 03:20 PM
    Get a new sim is better than cut. In my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    12-14-13 03:33 PM

Sorry I have another question. If I change my carrier to T-Mobile, can I still request to have BIS?

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 08:29 AM
    If you use OS7, yes. T-mobile use to have food BlackBerry plan with bis. Not sure what happened recently. If you are on bb10, no bis required.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 01:23 PM
    If you use OS7, yes. T-mobile use to have food BlackBerry plan with bis. Not sure what happened recently. If you are on bb10, no bis required.

Posted via CB10
    The reason I was asking is because there will be occasions where I would prefer using a legacy device over BB10, so I wanted to know if BIS would still be an option when do decide to use an OS7 device.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 05:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    Go in with your legacy device and have them activate BIS for it. They don't need to know about your shiny new Z10. lol

I AM curious though: What situation is it you'd particularly need a legacy device (and which device do you have? I know it's OS7.) would be particularly better than a BB10 phone?

And keep in mind I had a 9780 prior to the Z10.
    12-15-13 07:28 PM
    I do use both OS7 and OS10. For posting channel. If you posting using OS7, the channel has no problem view via OS10. But not the other way around. In addition, if I am on trip to 3rd world country. I wouldn't use OS10: minimize roaming (compression) , maximize bis (bbm, mostly). Besides, those place has no LTE, the resort wifi cost arms and legs. OS7 also provide device security. If the trip is USA of eu, bb10 will follow me. As for the camera, with 4x6 size of photo, no difference between the two (with proper camera setting). Unless you are shootings sports event or group image, bb10 is better.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 08:34 PM
    Go in with your legacy device and have them activate BIS for it. They don't need to know about your shiny new Z10. lol

I AM curious though: What situation is it you'd particularly need a legacy device (and which device do you have? I know it's OS7.) would be particularly better than a BB10 phone?

And keep in mind I had a 9780 prior to the Z10.
    You know my thoughts exactly. I don't want to let T-Mobile that I have a new Z10.

When I go the gym or running, I wouldn't need my Z10, legacy devices would serve better. Typically, I take the Pearl with me when I run. SureType on the Pearl is underrated.

Going on long hikes, the 9700's long lasting battery is a great choice.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-13 10:33 PM
    The term "third world" is no longer used lightly. I'm a international affairs bachelor.

Use development countries or even better, the place's name.

"Third world" implies undeveloped, poor, unclean and all the not to nice things from the 80s.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 02:24 AM
    3rd world country - electronically. :-). Most of people I know from there may have more rich life than us. No rat racing on wall street or bay street.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 04:48 AM