Morning All,

I am really puzzled with my latest issue. Have an 8gb sd card and also a 16 gb sd card. At the moment they are both full of music and video. When I take out the battery on the 8GB card nothing is lost. However if I touch the battery with the 16gb card in my BB all video is wiped from the card, leaving just the music and pictures. I am not using Roxi to convert the films as they are already DIVX and Roxi not only takes for ever, but also converts taking up larger memory.

Hasn't beed a problem with the 8gb, both set up in exactly the same manner.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!
    08-11-09 03:51 AM
    Well, don't touch your battery.

Seriously, why are you touching your battery?

I've had all the content seemingly "disappear" from my memory card a few times. A QuickPull reset always brings back the content.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 04:43 AM
    I wish I didn't. Unfortunately I have a number of Sim Cards as travel alot, unfortunately the company won't cover all my bills, and thanks to the 8900 design to get at the sim I have to remove the battery!

You say you lost your content too? What is a Quickpull, could help a lot!
    08-11-09 04:53 AM
    Ironically enough a quickpull involves you touching your battery! A quickpull is just pulling your battery out and putting it back in. I don't think this is going to help in your situation. Are you memory card brands different?

08-11-09 05:07 AM
    QuickPull is an app that resets your BB without actually pulling your battery.

08-11-09 05:18 AM
    I am regularly quickpulling then, and didn't even know the term for it!

Both are SanDisk. Someone suggested it was memory leakage when I removed the battery, a common fault. However when I put the Micro SD into my computer the videos are still there, and watchable. It is as if when the battery is removed, the BB format is removed from the videos stopping the device from playing them. Normally I have to delete all content on the SD from my laptop then reformat the SD in my BB, then upload the videos again.

Becoming a little tideous. Thinking I may be better of keeping media on the IPOD.
    08-11-09 05:19 AM
    If the format on the card was lost, you couldn't take the card out and view the videos on your computer.

Again, QuickPull is an application that simulates a battery pull, not the term for a battery pull.

08-11-09 05:23 AM
    Yes a Quickpull is done via an application that basically hard resets your phone so that you don't have to physically pull your battery, but it sounds like you have a different problem entirely.

08-11-09 05:25 AM
    Have you tried putting your memory cards in only when the phone is off instead of doing while the phone is on?

08-11-09 05:28 AM
    I have tried that but get the same result. Have tried turn off the BB first, removing the SD, then the battery, change the sim, replace the battery replace the SD (in a number of different orders), but when I power up search memory card and no video.
    08-11-09 05:49 AM
    You might want to try a little experiment:
    pull the card prior to the battery pull and put it back after it boots back up.
    If all is still there: pull battery, pull card, power up then put card in after it boots up
    If all is still there: pull card, pull battery, put card in, then power up

This will isolate where the deleting happens (bootup or shutdown). I'm guessing bootup.

How often do you have to pull the battery? Is this a once a month thing or a once a day thing?
    08-11-09 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD